DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So Ronda is done then for the foreseeable future. Might have tried to keep Asuka strong.  

It's almost like when she said she wanted to start a family soon, probably after WM, and then Dave and others ran with that story that Ronda then blew up about were right in their reporting because...they got it from Ronda to begin with.

So, let's think of all the women that will need some kind of rehab or rebuilding in the wake of how dumb that whole angle leading up to WM got:

Asuka, Mandy, Sonya, Naomi, Ruby, Liv, Sarah, Dana, and...feels like I'm forgetting someone...And not Sasha because I thought she looked fine coming out of her match with Ronda.

Anyway, the entire path to the same exact result could have been so much simpler with contenders better than freaking Lacy lined up and ready to go.

I think out of everything, I'm curious to see what happens to the women's divisions on both shows because it's just a total mess at this point. I don't know what you do on Raw or SDL and that situation has allowed Lacy to jump the line. 

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

It's almost like when she said she wanted to start a family soon, probably after WM, and then Dave and others ran with that story that Ronda then blew up about were right in their reporting because...they got it from Ronda to begin with.

So, let's think of all the women that will need some kind of rehab or rebuilding in the wake of how dumb that whole angle leading up to WM got:

Asuka, Mandy, Sonya, Naomi, Ruby, Liv, Sarah, Dana, and...feels like I'm forgetting someone...And not Sasha because I thought she looked fine coming out of her match with Ronda.

Anyway, the entire path to the same exact result could have been so much simpler with contenders better than freaking Lacy lined up and ready to go.

I think out of everything, I'm curious to see what happens to the women's divisions on both shows because it's just a total mess at this point. I don't know what you do on Raw or SDL and that situation has allowed Lacy to jump the line. 

They have no plan with Mandy and Sonya so they really should just stick with them as a team for a while longer.   I also think Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan should stay as a team because Liv isn't quite ready to be a singles star though she's getting there.  

Asuka..  to her credit is usually able to get herself back over after they screw her up.  All she needs is a couple wins and some consistent booking. Easier said than done. 

Ruby I don't know..  her and Ember Moon who is back and also Nikki Cross have nothing going on it'd be great if WWE was able to book some story lines for the women outside of the title programs. 

12 minutes ago, nofuture said:

So this is totally the last Ambrose/Shield match.  /s 

It doesn't say anything about it being a match. Special Event could just mean they sit around and talk about stuff.

10 minutes ago, AxB said:

It doesn't say anything about it being a match. Special Event could just mean they sit around and talk about stuff.

From the link:

In what will be the groundbreaking faction's FINAL match together, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & Universal Champion Seth Rollins will team up for a special event, The Shield's Last Chapter, streaming LIVE this Sunday, April 21, at 9:30 p.m. ET/6:30 p.m. PT on WWE Network. Don't miss the legendary trio's final ride together in WWE.

Edited by nofuture

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Dean's contract is up right so this is a pay per appearance with him now?   I wonder what his plans are maybe he just needs a reset and he'll come back with a new character. 

Meltzer said he's still under contract for a few more weeks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nofuture said:

From the link:

In what will be the groundbreaking faction's FINAL match together, Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & Universal Champion Seth Rollins will team up for a special event, The Shield's Last Chapter, streaming LIVE this Sunday, April 21, at 9:30 p.m. ET/6:30 p.m. PT on WWE Network. Don't miss the legendary trio's final ride together in WWE.

I like how they dont even bother naming their opponents. 

Might as well be against the Mulkeys and Lee Scott.

Edited by odessasteps
  • Like 2

I like to imagine "impregnatiovacation" is pronounced "impregnacio vacacion", and Ronda is going to AAA or CMLL to begin a program with a mini with an infant gimmick, which will eventually lead to a match with Sexy Star and they can armbar each other in half.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, nate said:

I like to imagine "impregnatiovacation" is pronounced "impregnacio vacacion", and Ronda is going to AAA or CMLL to begin a program with a mini with an infant gimmick, which will eventually lead to a match with Sexy Star and they can armbar each other in half.

I doubt Sexy Star wants any part of that. But then again, I haven't watched her MMA debut yet, so who knows?!

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

So just weeks after she went on a rant about how people should stay out of her reproductive business, Ronda posted on Instagram that she's taking a...ugh..."impregnatiovacation." Maybe it's just gross to me because it feels like TMI.

Looking forward to the constant pregnancy updates and breastfeeding pics. #LactationNarration

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, nate said:

Sounds tranquilo.  Speaking of I wonder when we will have a little Cien running around. 

18 minutes ago, Execproducer said:

Probably some combination of Lashley, McIntyre, Elias, Corbiiii...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

they're already running local ads for  Rollins/Reigns/Strowman vs McIntyre/Corbin/Lashley on the radio so I imagine your guess is correct and this is the house show circuit bout going forward

Strowman being billed as an interim/honorary SHIELD member btw, on the off chance anyone cares.

21 minutes ago, Execproducer said:

Wouldn't it be great if, for one night only, they brought the Wyatt Family back?

It would have been great if they didn't fuck them up several times to the point Bray is now a laughing turkey buzzard, but I digress...

• Haha 1