DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

17 hours ago, Hagan said:

Despite consuming an utterly alarming about of wrestling on a weekly basis, I had no clue who Orange Cassidy was until last weekend. 

Really fun gimmick and he seems destined to be a dude Jim Cornette screams at the clouds about. Dude doesn't have a Wiki so anyone have a quick and dirty on who he is and how this gimmick happened? 

I had the opposite reaction. It really drove me nuts and he seemed to pop up on every show I wanted to watch over WM Weekend. Good thing with having so many options out there is I could just skip his match every time. I did feel myself slipping into Cornette territory the first time I watched a whole match of his, though. 

Watching this latest Brock run, I'm pretty sure he's fine with whatever as long as the money is coming in. He's the opposite of the conversation sparked by the recent Sasha issues. Based on the length of his matches these days, I could even see a scenario where they told him he was going first and putting Seth over strong in ten minutes and Brock being all "Hey, if you want to put him over strong, let's do it in 2".

He's done by 7, he worked 3 minutes and he probably got paid more than anyone on the show. SUPERWORKER.

• Like 6

Not to be that guy, but how about no Louis CK memes/gifs since homeboy is pure garbage?

...although he's practically an angel compared to many of the "boys in the back" so who the hell am I to judge, being somebody who pays for the network? 

Being a wrestling fan is mentally exhausting in so many ways, man. 

Guest Edwin
1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

Not to be that guy, but how about no Louis CK memes/gifs since homeboy is pure garbage?

...although he's practically an angel compared to many of the "boys in the back" so who the hell am I to judge, being somebody who pays for the network? 

Being a wrestling fan is mentally exhausting in so many ways, man. 

Yeah, thats pretty odd. And before someone comes screaming at me and calling me a clueless fornicator, no, I am not defending Louis CK, but imagine if we had to do a background check on every single person featured in every single random Google search gif we post on here...

Also, if we were to limit the content we posted on here to folks who weren't scumbags, we'd just be limited to posting about Molly Holly and I'm sure there's only so many photos of Molly Holly DZ could post and there's only a limited amount of times The Natural could post "I liked Nora Kristina Benshoof/Greenwald, Molly Holly vs. Lisa Marie Varon/Sole, Victoria at WrestleMania XX on March 14, 2004!"

Guest Edwin

Just came across this on YouTube --

I think Kasai, Gage, Super Crazy and the Briscoes are the only 4 still around today.

Edited by Edwin

3 hours ago, Swiftian said:

If I was making up that Lesnar story, I would've had him leave the stadium in a jetpack. "I'm outta here bitches!"

I would have had him crashing through the walls of the stadium and any other buildings that were in his path until he made his way to the Atlantic Ocean, where he would walk into the water and slowly fade away, kaiju-style. 

On 4/12/2019 at 2:31 PM, The Natural said:

This won't be my easiest fap, but I'll do what I can.

Edited by nate
Look, super crass comment/stupid joke contained therein. Hidden for those who aren't interested in such things.
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I loved Clerks and Clerks II.  What happened to Smith?  

I think Smith's best were Clerks and Mallrats. 

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I loved Clerks and Clerks II.  What happened to Smith?  

Jeff Anderson not wanting to reprise his role as Randal was the final nail in the coffin for Clerks 3. As for what happened to Smith? I don't know. I'm not really into his comic book related projects since I'm not really one for comic books. I'm not a huge fan of his movies set outside of the View Askewniverse.

Going to the Quick Stop in Leonardo, NJ was like my pilgrimage to Mecca.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 5

On 4/13/2019 at 11:55 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Put Enzo in a deathmatch vs. Nick Gage.

Oh, that sounds fucking excruciating. I don't know what would be worse, the plodding garbage match between two hella shitty workers, or the dueling promos they would likely trade about how "real" they are. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

Oh, that sounds fucking excruciating. I don't know what would be worse, the plodding garbage match between two hella shitty workers, or the dueling promos they would likely trade about how "real" they are. 

It doesn't have to be Gage. It could be any deathmatch worker. I'm not a fan of Nick Gage. I just figure Gage, who sees himself as a gangsta would try to kill Enzo for being a fake gangsta. For all I care, Mustafa and New Jack can come out as soon as the bell rings to show Gage and Enzo who the real Gangstas are.

• Like 1