DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I would hope that people aren't happy that she's injured.  I know why people don't like her but it sucks for her and Tamina for that matter.  Unless they change course Tamina's flying solo and will be lost in the shuffle for sure.

There were people glad for Roman being off TV. Blood cancer, pfft. Long as he's gone!

No one here said that.

But we don't live in a vacuum and trust me, that sentiment is out there.

• Like 1

Just realised that it was RD Evans that was released and not RD Reynolds. For some reason I thought the wrestlecrap writer had been hired by WWE without me noticing *insert joke here*

But if this means Archibald Peck returns to this dimension / the indies, then that might be my favorite news this week.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I can't stand her as a wrestler and she seems like she has an attitude problem and/or sense entitlement because of her wrestler turned movie star cousin, but I don't wish injury on her. I mean, I'm not upset she won't be around. I'll take any reason for her to not be on tv.

I’m just saying it’s wild that people have taken it so far that some people feel compelled to express that. 

4 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I’m just saying it’s wild that people have taken it so far that some people feel compelled to express that. 

We're past the point of no return. I think this accurately describes it.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Craig H said:

This remains my most recent favorite Meltzer-ism.

Speaking of Meltzer's writings, I gave some of his coverage on the John Oliver story to Cindy after we saw that episode last week. She's thisclose to proofreading his stuff and sending it back to me. ?

"Ughh, it's awful. How did someone like that get a prestige writing job without knowing grammar or without being heavily edited? Maybe that speaks to his average readership?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Morganti said:

You can be glad someone is off tv while being sad at the reason. 

You can be upset at losing your tag titles while still feeling the new champions deserve a chance to hold them.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Pete said:

Speaking of Meltzer's writings, I gave some of his coverage on the John Oliver story to Cindy after we saw that episode last week. She's thisclose to proofreading his stuff and sending it back to me. ?

"Ughh, it's awful. How did someone like that get a prestige writing job without knowing grammar or without being heavily edited? Maybe that speaks to his average readership?"

That and no serious person wants anything to do with this kind of work. 

• Thanks 1

I'm probably one of the biggest Sasha Banks Mark's on the board mainly because I haven't met her in person yet ? but I know she has her ways. Based on alot of what we've heard about Sasha, If its true that she's throwing mid90s Shawn Michaels type fits and unhappy. I'm sure she'll leave. think Sasha is the type of person that would leave, She truly believes she's the best and I she knows she not top priority , I think they were given those belts as a consolation prize. I'm sure she was legit happy to be apart of the first championship holders but they only had a two month run and they barely defended them on TV. I  dont see that title being featured as a big deal to WWE unless you have legends like Lita, Beth or Trish in a match or if its defended in a TLC or Cage or whatever. I really like the Revival but as good as  they are, there is no other team on the Raw side for them to really work with to make that division meaningful. When Vince goes into XFL mode, I hope HHH really pushes to make both Tag divisions mean something. She shouldn't have to wait till AEW does it first. I feel the same way for ROH.

Guest Edwin
7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

No way this is true but the visual is hilarious. 

I Love How Random Twitter Accounts Make Up Rumors And People Believe Them.

No, Not Talking About You, But There's Other Accounts And Websites That Will Just Use This As A Viable Source.

2 minutes ago, Edwin said:

I Love How Random Twitter Accounts Make Up Rumors And People Believe Them.

No, Not Talking About You, But There's Other Accounts And Websites That Will Just Use This As A Viable Source.

Because social media is such a mess this is one of those stories that 2 years from now someone at work will be like "hey,  remember when Brock told Vince to fuck off and rode into the sunset on a helicopter?!"   

15 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

No way this is true but the visual is hilarious. 

Since every word is capitalized, it must be a article headline and all I can think of is:

"Scranton Area Paper Company Dunder Mifflin Apologizes to Valued Client; Some Companies Still Know How Business Is Done"

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

Since every word is capitalized, it must be a article headline and all I can think of is:

"Scranton Area Paper Company Dunder Mifflin Apologizes to Valued Client; Some Companies Still Know How Business Is Done"

"Harvest Festival? More Like Harvest Bestival! The Parks Department Has Planted Seeds and Now They're Harvesting the Rewards!" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3