DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Not only are they nZo and CaZXL, but they're known as The Free Agentz.

I guess it's 1992 and adding a Z to everything makes it cooler.

Not only that, but it's not even just "free agentz with a Z" to sound like a bad efed tag team, but it's pronounced "free agent-zee" like free agency would be.

It's a good thing. It's the little details of their naming that takes it from "bad indy name" and past "this would even be bad in an efed" and truly takes it down to "their new team identity sucks my consensual penis."

I would hope that people aren't happy that she's injured.  I know why people don't like her but it sucks for her and Tamina for that matter.  Unless they change course Tamina's flying solo and will be lost in the shuffle for sure.

• Like 2

Guest Edwin

Plot twist -- Nia isn't really injured and she is just upset for having to do the job at WM and is actually pushing for her release.

Am I doing this right?

Edited by Edwin

Despite consuming an utterly alarming about of wrestling on a weekly basis, I had no clue who Orange Cassidy was until last weekend. 

Really fun gimmick and he seems destined to be a dude Jim Cornette screams at the clouds about. Dude doesn't have a Wiki so anyone have a quick and dirty on who he is and how this gimmick happened? 

Edited by Hagan
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Plot twist -- Nia isn't really injured and she is just upset for having to do the job at WM and is actually pushing for her release.

Am I doing this right?

Um, I think people forget that Nia also took her ball and went home with the excuse that she needed "personal time."

At least I thought so. I'm not imagining that, right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joseph2112 said:

So let's recap:

Enzo and Cass have two atrocious nicknames to live their gimmick.

Billy Graham is telling people to use steroids.

Nia's knees are fucked but Tamina's are fine. 

Just another week in Pro Wrestling. 

You left out that Sasha reportedly wants to quit WWE and WWE is giving her time to think about it.

Bayley may also want to quit.

All of the hilarious shit with Tama Tonga finding out about the "invasion" angle.

AEW TV deal or no deal.

RD Evans did the "you can't fire me, I quit" routing because Vince decided to be an asshole.

Pat McAfee of all people was in the right in also wanting to quit because Michael Cole decided to scream at him for his attire in front of a bunch of people before WrestleMania.

And I'm sure I'm still missing a lot. It's been a busy news week.

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

You left out that Sasha reportedly wants to quit WWE and WWE is giving her time to think about it.

All of the hilarious shit with Tama Tonga finding out about the "invasion" angle.

AEW TV deal or no deal.

RD Evans did the "you can't fire me, I quit" routing because Vince decided to be an asshole.

Pat McAfee of all people was in the right in also wanting to quit because Michael Cole decided to scream at him for his attire in front of a bunch of people before WrestleMania.

Tirantes quitting CMLL,  although that may have been last week. 

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

AEW TV deal or no deal.

Tirantes quitting CMLL,  although that may have been last week. 

4 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

And Aerostar leaving AAA.  I figured homeboy was a lifer.

I thought Cubs refuted that. 

If you were skeptical that Aerostar had actually left AAA, give yourself a gold star. Aerostar popped up on AAA’s Sin Mascara show on Twitch to confirm he was still in AAA,just looking to handle his own international bookings. Aerostar could’ve stated that a lot clearer or cleaned it up quickly on his own after people started thinking he had left. It’s solved now. We need to all agree to ignore this story when it happens again in 2020

Edited by odessasteps

The really big news of the week is AEW announced Glacier for the Double or Nothing battle royal. Oh, and the CEO Gaming/ AEW convention is called Fyter Fest this year, and Meltzer didn't get the reference.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxB said:

The really big news of the week is AEW announced Glacier for the Double or Nothing battle royal. Oh, and the CEO Gaming/ AEW convention is called Fyter Fest this year, and Meltzer didn't get the reference.

This remains my most recent favorite Meltzer-ism.

• Like 4

The Bayley “rumor” about her wanting to leave WWE too was pure speculation on the part of Sapp (or whoever said it) during a Fan Q&A. He said he didn’t have anything to back that up, just that he could see it happening.

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I love that people have treated Nia with such vitriol that some feel the need to make sure they’re seen not wishing injury on her. 

I can't stand her as a wrestler and she seems like she has an attitude problem and/or sense of entitlement because of her wrestler turned movie star cousin, but I don't wish injury on her. I mean, I'm not upset she won't be around. I'll take any reason for her to not be on tv.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2