DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

While we all know and think it's silly that Vince has that rule, it's been a rule for a long time and everyone knows it. If I broke a long-standing rule at work, I would be disciplined. That isn't lunacy.

Focusing on the producer of the speech that almost certainly didn't approve and had nothing to do with the mention, though? That's stupid.

Speaking of WWE folks with tempers - Michael Cole

Moments before the WrestleMania pre-show was set to begin, Pat McAfee says he was on the verge of walking out due to Michael Cole yelling at him for wearing shorts.

McAfee detailed the tense backstage moment on his show this week and said it began with him being told not to wear jorts to WrestleMania. Pat obliged by making tuxedo pants into tuxedo shorts. 

However, when Michael Cole saw him wearing them backstage before the kickoff show, he got angry in front of everyone who was around … saying Pat looked unprofessional and sloppy. 

“He was like yelling. Real. This wasn’t like a rib, or like a gimmick, you could tell there was actual panic,” McAfee explained. He then walked to the room where the WrestleMania watch-a-long was going to film and began packing his things. When the digital person in charge of the stream asked what was going on, Pat said, “You can tell Michael Cole to go f*ck himself, I am leaving. I am not getting punked and yelled at like a child in front of everybody like that.”

The WWE employee then said he’d go talk to Vince McMahon and asked Pat to hold tight.

He returned moments later with Michael Cole and the two explained how they showed Vince a picture of Lebron James wearing suit shorts. Vince apparently told them “yeah, I’m hip. I’ve seen it” and said he loved the idea of Pat wearing them.

Cole then apologized for yelling at him and said he was worried the shorts would ruin his chances in WWE, because this was the first time he was being seen on TV by Vince McMahon. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

While we all know and think it's silly that Vince has that rule, it's been a rule for a long time and everyone knows it. If I broke a long-standing rule at work, I would be disciplined. That isn't lunacy.

But if it was a long standing rule that had been broken multiple times on the same platform, would you be fired? If not, maybe your boss isn't a lunatic.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Michael Cole is the man. Putting this mark in his place. Guy looks like a fucking jabroni in those shorts. Cole was probably thinking back to he is goatee days and was pissed no one told him how dumb it looked and this snowflake got offended. 

Forget the goatee, let's talk about the fucking frosted tips! 

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

But if it was a long standing rule that had been broken multiple times on the same platform, would you be fired? If not, maybe your boss isn't a lunatic.

If we had been specifically told to double down on not allowing that thing to happen? Maybe. You don't know what was happening backstage. Case in point: Evans already refuted the story and said he quit and wasn't fired. So I'm sure we can find a way to dial the rhetoric down here. 

• Like 2

Guest Edwin
1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Vince apparently told them “yeah, I’m hip. I’ve seen it” 

hahahahahahahaha

Edited by Edwin

Michael Cole is hardly "the man." Look, take whatever your opinion of suits with shorts is and throw it out the window. Yeah, most of us think it's dumb, but it, like jumpers and other weird shit, are becoming more in style. In any event, you don't yell, scream, and berate a peer in front of other co-workers, their family members, and friends. I don't like Pat McAfee, but that dude had every right to say fuck this, fuck you, I'm out. He played the game the right way where he knows he doesn't need this shit. He has more than enough money and this is a second job to him. Maybe check your idiotic temper at the door?

As for the Vince think, the "rule" is fucking dumb and all of Vince's "rules" change with the wind. You're also not allowed to call titles "belts" but here Becky Lynch is calling herself Becky 2 Belts and now she even has a t-shirt that says the same thing. Also, this dumb as fuck rule where you can't mention Vince is beyond stupid because nearly every year people credit Vince.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Evans already refuted the story and said he quit and wasn't fired. So I'm sure we can find a way to dial the rhetoric down here. 

Are you going off of Evan's tweet saying "I quit" as him refuting the story because you would be wrong. X-Pac already talked about the Hall of Fame show and when asked about DX repeatedly mentioning Vince's name, X-Pac was like, "oooof, yeah..." and went on to talk about how they were basically walking on eggshells because Vince got super hot about Bret's speech and then fired him. So the DX guys were like, "I don't want to get in trouble" and had HBK go ask Vince if it would be ok if they used Vince's name and Vince was like, "yeah...OK."

At best, this is Evans saying "you can't fire me, I quit" or he quit because Vince was acting like a fucking lunatic.

No one can defend this Vince bullshit. You can go and fuck with someone's life all because Vince was referenced in Bret's speech and then be like, "yeah, ok" when HBK asks you if they can use your name in their speech.

Vince is a crazy asshole and WWE will be better off when he's dead.

• Like 7

LOL and if all of this wasn't enough Road Dogg stepped down as lead writer for SmackDown after the show on Tuesday reportedly because he was tired of shit being changed at the last minute all of the time by Vince.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

He returned moments later with Michael Cole and the two explained how they showed Vince a picture of Lebron James wearing suit shorts. Vince apparently told them “yeah, I’m hip. I’ve seen it” and said he loved the idea of Pat wearing them.

Vince: knows all about the latest fashion trends, but didn't know what a burrito was.  LOL sure

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Are you going off of Evan's tweet saying "I quit" as him refuting the story because you would be wrong.

At best, this is Evans saying "you can't fire me, I quit" or he quit because Vince was acting like a fucking lunatic.

Vince is a crazy asshole and my enjoyment of wrestling will be better off when I take a break from WWE and watch more stuff from the indies or Japan instead.

ftfy. Seriously, don't be wishing death on people. Bad karma, man.

What's this stuff on Booker's podcast about Superstar Billy Graham telling Kofi he needs to get on the gas?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AxB said:

ftfy. Seriously, don't be wishing death on people. Bad karma, man.

What's this stuff on Booker's podcast about Superstar Billy Graham telling Kofi he needs to get on the gas?

I didn't wish death on the guy, but that's a matter of perspective. That's just me saying the company will be better when he's gone.

And yeah, I guess Billy Graham was in full on "old, piece of shit" mode and shit on Kofi winning the title because he's not jacked enough.