DVDVR Message Board

APRIL 2019 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

That Lynch article is a great read and, unless I'm mistaken, is a story that WWE really hasn't bothered to tell on air. I mean, I know the "a concussion nearly ended your career as a teenager" is a little touchy but it's compelling. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Since Sean Waltman and Shane Helms worked the WrestleCon show as partners with Jushin Liger - I will continue to hope this means Liger working someone Summerslam weekend 

Rematch vs Breeze

• Like 1

Took me too long to realize that the beard+wheelchair also gives Fink a little bit of a Smoky Mountain Ron Wright look.

Guessing "on air personality who does things to pay medical bills" would be one of the least likely WWE storylines in 2019 for some really really obvious reasons.

Ron Wright's character is the closest wrestling has come to a "scamming workers comp" gimmick, right? especially since none of the guys who were scamming Lloyds of London made that their gimmick.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Summerslam weekend is the same weekend as the G-1 finals - I doubt he'll be working in Toronto

He will likely not be on any part of that tour, so it's theoretically possible.

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Fine. You win. Becky's broken through into things I actually care about.

Axe is definitely going to take his kids to a WWE show next season. 

Will this be after Chuck turns on Axe?

(I mean, come on. I love them being friends and Chuck shouldn't turn on Axe, but it's bound to happen.)

On 4/4/2019 at 11:16 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Not that I recall. But there are some pretty rollicking Hardy-Umaga matches if memory serves. 

All delivered. The steel cage match on RAW, January 2008 is the best of the bunch.

On 4/4/2019 at 11:19 PM, Infinit said:

Speaking of Jeff Hardy, that Jeff/Taker ladder match was pretty awesome big man/little man match.

That's one of my favourite matches, both Undertaker and Jeff Hardy. A Ladder match in 2002 for the WWE Undisputed Championship.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Will this be after Chuck turns on Axe?

(I mean, come on. I love them being friends and Chuck shouldn't turn on Axe, but it's bound to happen.)

There’ll be a turn eventually. Chuck wants to be AG and Axe’s conduct on a daily basis begs for the law to crawl up his ass. And that’s not even bringing personalities into this. 

It’ll be interesting to see how fast they burn through plot. Does Chuck become AG by mid season? Do him and Axe start feuding before that’s resolved? Who knows? This isn’t a show that commits to a path for long. 

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

There’ll be a turn eventually. Chuck wants to be AG and Axe’s conduct on a daily basis begs for the law to crawl up his ass. And that’s not even bringing personalities into this. 

It’ll be interesting to see how fast they burn through plot. Does Chuck become AG by mid season? Do him and Axe start feuding before that’s resolved? Who knows? This isn’t a show that commits to a path for long. 

Yeah, after binging on it, I definitely see how they don't commit for long. Still, I'd rather see them as friends than enemies. I hope they don't start feuding again.

And who knows, maybe Chuck gets Axe and his boys front row seats at WrestleMania.

42 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Yeah, after binging on it, I definitely see how they don't commit for long. Still, I'd rather see them as friends than enemies. I hope they don't start feuding again.

And who knows, maybe Chuck gets Axe and his boys front row seats at WrestleMania.

I’ll certainly grant you that unholy alliances are fun to watch.

Chuck is very resourceful. He can definitely get Vince a Park Anywhere Pass.

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Haha 2

Guest Edwin

Was reading on reddit how NJPW should end their relationship with ROH after tonight and it got me thinking... Does anyone remember that brief partnership they had with JAPW back in 2011? I recall Liger working for JAPW and winning their Jr. title.

Also, they helped NJPW run some shows in the East Coast which I've never seen, but they look exactly as what I imagine a NJPW/JAPW show would look like.

Are those events up on NJPW World? If not, has anyone seen them?