DVDVR Message Board

All Things Borderlands

RIPPA

I purchased the Season Pass today... I just have to figure out how to activate/download the actual content.

Then I will realize how rusty I am at the game.

Hopefully I will enjoy the Siren more than Zer0

• Like 1

I purchased the Season Pass today... I just have to figure out how to activate/download the actual content.

Then I will realize how rusty I am at the game.

Hopefully I will enjoy the Siren more than Zer0

Excellent..my plans move apace.

Last night and I said, "You know, I wonder if my Gaige is a high enough level to play of the DLC? I'll try playing for about an hour."

When I put the controller down, I found out 8 and a half hours had passed. Fuck this game for being so awesome.

I know what you mean.  Borderlands is that oh-so-rare perfect mixture of action and RPG elements, and is one of the more fun experiences I've ever had when it comes to grinding and collecting lots of loot.  It's a game which can genuinely be played in a lot of different ways, and no strategy is necessarily superior to the others.  (Although if you get REAL good with your rifles, probably the easiest way is to simply keep your distance and try not to let the enemy get close to you.)  Mordecai is obviously my favorite, even by the time they made they DLC they already realized how overpowered his special weapon was compared to everyone else's.  It's also got a ton of great voice acting, a fun irreverent sense of dark humor, and I didn't even mind that practically every mission is a repetitive fetch quest or that the plot was practically nonexistent just because the gameplay itself is so tremendously entertaining and well-designed that it easily covers up any holes.  It's probably my favorite game from this entire generation of consoles.  

Now if only I could put down part 1 long enough to finally finish the (slightly inferior, imho) sequel...

I didn't like a few of the changes they made.  The main one is how slowly all the elemental guns' bullets move in the sequel, that pisses me off SO much.  I always prefer to use an elemental gun in the first game, and having the shots move so slowly that the enemies frequently just casually stroll out of the way of my line of fire is controller-throwingly frustrating.  The lack of health-restoring shields is another headscratcher as well.  And some of it is just total whiny nitpicks, such as disliking the new graphics for the menus or wondering why the hell they switched the Fire and Grenade buttons from the first game.  Can't tell you the number of times some enemy jumped me and I accidentally hit the wrong one, bounced a grenade off a nearby wall and blew my clumsy ass off.  

I didn't get an Eridium weapon to drop until I started murdering Crimson Lance troopers.  One of the guys at the Lance base near the Salt Flats has a Binary Blaster.

Oh yeah, those things SUCK.  None of the vehicles are great at killing them; the truck's missiles do pathetically little damage, the hummer's eletctro-beam misses too often, and let's not even joke about trying to take one of those suckers on with the racing car.  They do give pretty good experience and it's easy to kill a bunch of 'em from a distance, but they're still a great big headache.  Thank God they only appear in a few different locations.  

And oh yeah, I've often found the Eridium guns to be nearly worthless.  Inaccurate, quick to run out of ammo, slow to reload, don't work very well on some enemies.  It's worthwhile to keep a couple of them just in case you start running out of ammo (which isn't likely, but theoretically COULD happen) but otherwise I rarely use them. 

The main reason that most people hate E-Weapons is because they appear so late in the game and your proficiency with E-Weapons is so shitty that you don't even bother to train up the skill.

The E-Cannon you get from the Lancer officer is really awful because it is pretty much a Launcher that has no splash damage and has a projectile that is slower than dick. 

There are other E-Weapons like the Wave Blaster, the Mercurial Blaster, or the Splat Gun that function like traditional Assault Rifles or Battler Rifles and are better suited to train up your skill.  I tended to find other E-Weapons in Red Chests with regularity after running across the first drop at the Lancer base.. 

If you get stuck with the Blaster but still want to train up your E-Weapon skill. then use a normal weapon to soften up enemies and get a killshot with the Blaster.  It is pretty hard but it is doable, because that is how I trained up my E-Weapon proficiency until I got a Mercurial Blaster drop from The Destroyer.  I kept that until I got a Splat Gun and used that almost exclusively during the General Knoxx DLC because the Acid element effect is devastating on normal Lance troopers.

The E-Cannon you get from the Lancer officer is really awful because it is pretty much a Launcher that has no splash damage and has a projectile that is slower than dick. 

I kept that until I got a Splat Gun and used that almost exclusively during the General Knoxx DLC because the Acid element effect is devastating on normal Lance troopers.

I probably use the cannon more than any others, because at least it's powerful and you can actually hit the broad side of a barn with the damn thing (unlike most of the other E-guns, which seem like they're actively mocking you by intentionally missing every shot).  It's good for attacking fixed unmoving targets, or using as a desperation "shove it down their throat and pull the trigger" hail-mary shot at close range.  And I didn't even know that any of those HAD acid elements, because despite beating the game several times, I've NEVER found any that did.  

Don't quote me but I think that the only E-Weapons you got to use in normal Borderlands were non-elemental or electrical damage analogues of normal weapons:  the ThunderStorm (shotgun), the E-Cannon (launcher), the E-Blaster (battle rifle) and the Lightning (sniper rifle). 

I don't think you got any alternate elemental damage E-weapons like the Splat Gun or the Fireball unless you downloaded General Knoxx or Robo-Revolution.

Man, the ThunderStorm ruled.  I think that is the weapon I used to rocket up my E-Weapon proficiency.

That's the thing, I DID have all the DLC, and despite winning the game on both quests with every character, I never ran into anything like the Splat Gun or Fireball.  And the Thunderstorm always seemed so hideously inaccurate that I couldn't hit anything with it unless I was literally close enough to melee attack them.  And like I mentioned before, the damn thing is empty after three shots and then takes so long to recharge that you basically have to immediately switch to another weapon anyway as soon as you use it.  

That's the thing, I DID have all the DLC, and despite winning the game on both quests with every character, I never ran into anything like the Splat Gun or Fireball.  And the Thunderstorm always seemed so hideously inaccurate that I couldn't hit anything with it unless I was literally close enough to melee attack them.

The ThunderStorm is probably the best weapon to level up your E-Weapon proficiency if you are Roiand since it is affected by all of Roland's passive abilities that affect shotgun use, recoiil or weapon damage (Metalstorm, Scattershot) or magazine capacity (Overload). 

Mordecai and Lilith are very effective with the Lightning.  You would think that Brick get the most out of the E-Cannon since it is the analogue for a rocket launcher, but Lilith is better suited for it.

Gearbox announced today that two more DLCs will be coming - one of them which will raise the Level Cap to 72

Borderlands 2 will increase its level cap by 11 to 72 and cheerful blind amputee T.K. Baha returns in two more DLC extensions this fall that Gearbox Software announced today at PAX Australia.

The level cap raise will occur in the "Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge." The challenge refers to a new map and a mode in which you may fight overpowered enemies "for new loot and the ability to 'over level' your game for extra challenges," Gearbox said in a fact sheet. It'll be $5 and it isn't part of the Season Pass DLC. That season is over.

T.K. Baha returns in the "Headhunter Pack," which will deliver a new mission set and a boss fight with Jacques O'Lantern, so one would gess this will be out around Halloween. This would appear to be a reprisal of T.K.'s zombie role from the Halloween-themed Zombie Island of Dr. Ned way back in the first Borderlands. Otherwise, I have no idea how they're gonna bring him back, because T.K. met with a rather definitive end (killed by psychos and hanged by his wooden leg) then turned into a zombie. He was last seen eating 100 brains, if I recall correctly.

Price on Headhunter has not yet been named and it too won't be part of the Season Pass DLC as, repeat after me, that season is over.