DVDVR Message Board

All Things Borderlands

RIPPA

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I think Gearbox has made a conscious effort to reel in final boss fights after the combined obscenities of the boss fights at the end of the B1 regular campaign and that Claptrap's Robo Revolution abortion.

Crawmerax can also eat a bag of barbequed rat testicles.

I think they kinda put themselves in the same box that Bioware did in ME3. 

Spoiler

The enemy needs a full sized planet to imprison it, and it eats stars.  There's no way to fight something like that directly.  So they have to come up with little shit for you to fight.

Other end thought

Spoiler

I'm guessing one of the DLC's is gonna involve finding Lilith.  

6 hours ago, RUkered said:

For Robert and Melraz...

Holy monkey fest, Batman. Never seen anything like it.

I really do need to finish this Moze playthrough so I can start tinkering with FL4K.  I am stlll stewing about my fight with the Hog of Fervor.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I really do need to finish this Moze playthrough so I can start tinkering with FL4K.  I am stlll stewing about my fight with the Hog of Fervor.

RUkered Got to see melraz’s favorite farming technique in the voracious canopy last night.  We were fighting about enough of the little fuckers to write Hamlet.  

• Haha 2

On 10/19/2019 at 2:14 PM, Robert C said:

Finished it.  Last fight was kinda underwhelming

After the Agonizer fight, all the bosses felt underwhelming.  I died a couple times against the final boss, but I felt like they were cheap deaths where I got caught behind something and couldn't get a shot on any enemies while fighting for my life.  

I hit my first boss fight road bump with Katagawa Ball and then it was the Agonizer.

Now it's the Hog of Fervor but I don't have to beat the Hog to finish the campaign.  This is a matter of stubborn pride.

Personally I don't think any of the bosses should heal back to max after you die.

You're already paying a cash penalty for every death and it's highly possible you may get dropped a few more times before you crack the code on a boss or simply get lucky enough to outlast it.

By that time, you may have dropped tens of thousands of dollars to New U.

No Bueno.

Edited by J.T.

7 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Personally I don't think any of the bosses should heal back to max after you die.

You're already paying a cash penalty for every death and it's highly possible you may get droppe a few more times before you crack the code on a boss or simply get lucky enough to outlast it.

By that time, you may have dropped tens of thousands of dollars to New U.

No Bueno.

I agree with this 100%.  The frustrating thing about the Agonizer fight for me was that it got to the point where I was spending 15 minutes dodging, ducking, and jumping over obstacles only for me to mistime something and die right as his shield is going down.  I probably lost 100K before I beat it.  It was to the point where I was running out of ammo, but couldn't afford to go by extra ammo storage.  I didn't even feel satisfied after I beat it, I was just frustrated.

A lot of the really nasty bosses work much better with at least two folks, just so you can cheese them.  I ran the Agonizer with melraz twice where I was completely under leveled.  He did all the damage pretty much. I just stayed up on top of the ledge in case he died.  Then my job was just to stay alive long enough to get him to respawn and get back in the fight.  

5 hours ago, Robert C said:

A lot of the really nasty bosses work much better with at least two folks, just so you can cheese them.  I ran the Agonizer with melraz twice where I was completely under leveled.  He did all the damage pretty much. I just stayed up on top of the ledge in case he died.  Then my job was just to stay alive long enough to get him to respawn and get back in the fight.  

Yeah, I beat it with a friend.  It was easy as hell with two people, because one of us was pretty much always behind him shooting the big tank on the back causing a lot of damage while the other was dodging the knife, spikey thing, and the saw blades.  

Picked up a Transformer shield on my way to go fight Killavolt in TVMH.  Turned that fight from annoying to let me stand perfectly still and shoot him in the face over and over with my Cowboy Bekah till he's dead.

Finally got my first legendary rocket launcher yesterday.  

Guns in this game have been weird for me.  In Borderlands I'm usually just somebody that wants full auto elemental guns that shoot really, really fast.  I never worry about accuracy much, and do all my fighting close in.  In BL3, I'm using that semi automatic Bekah at medium/long range 95% of the time.  Jakobs is forever sending me guns in the mail.  I've got decent pistols and SMGs, but I never use em.  The one thing I do need is a decent shotgun.  The only one I've seen so far that I like is the beloved Conference Call.  Unfortunately, mine is about 25 levels too low now.  

I am hoping back into this thread (since I stopped reading when I stopped playing on Oct 1 due to spoiler fears) to just agree with the bullshit of bosses going back to full health.

The boss I got in a death loop on was a HUGE issue because I was like "I am gonna go broke AND never beat this fucker". And that was because it was glitched. So I could kinda understand.

But things like Katagawa Ball - that offer you no real way of healing are bullshit

47 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Guns in this game have been weird for me.  In Borderlands I'm usually just somebody that wants full auto elemental guns that shoot really, really fast.  I never worry about accuracy much, and do all my fighting close in.  In BL3, I'm using that semi automatic Bekah at medium/long range 95% of the time.  Jakobs is forever sending me guns in the mail.  I've got decent pistols and SMGs, but I never use em.  The one thing I do need is a decent shotgun.  The only one I've seen so far that I like is the beloved Conference Call.  Unfortunately, mine is about 25 levels too low now.  

I had one shotgun that I liked in the entire game, it was a legendary electrical shotgun that chained electricity to 4 other nearby enemies.  The only real issue is that it can kill all the extra enemies during boss fights so you don't have anything to shoot when you have to fight for your life.  Otherwise all my favorite guns were either pistols or SMGs, which I never used in Borderlands 1, 2, or the Presequel.  

I have three primary weapons that I sort of cycle between at this point, based on the situation.

My primary at this point is one that's labelled as an assault rifle but, for all intents and purposes, is basically a flamethrower. Not a hell of a lot of range, but it will barbecue basically anything that isn't made of metal in a couple of seconds. Now that I've maxed out the "Bottomless Mags" tree with my Moze build, I don't really have to worry about ammo, either.

I've also got a pistol that I can switch back and forth between Radiation and Corrosive and a Corrosive SMG that I've been melting stuff with.

Unfortunately, for those last two, I think I'm getting close to the point where those are no longer going to do sufficient damage and I'm going to need to start looking elsewhere.

Still plugging away at this.

Completed all the Crew Challenges up to Devil's Razor. Had a couple of Targets of Opportunity from pretty early in the game that I missed, so I went in there (at Level 36) with guns blazing and just sort of stomped through three of them (one on Athenas and two on Promethea) in a total of about 20 minutes.

Have some side quests I might try to bump off before I go try to rescue Tannis.

Also, I wish they'd give us the option to turn the Halloween quest thing off if we're not actually pursuing it. I'm tired of the stupid ghosts all the time, particularly when one of them kills me, there's nothing around in FFYL mode, and it costs me $15K+ to get resurrected.