DVDVR Message Board

All Things Borderlands

RIPPA

48 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Please say that vehicles wind up controlling better with upgrades. Got my first vehicle and, oof, these things don't control that well.

You will love the Cyclone.  It is a dream to drive.  Unfortunately like the B2 Racer, it is the proverbial lightly armored box of gravy on wheels.

The other vehicles handling not so much, but armor makes vehicle combat very forgiving.  The Bandit Technical is VERY sturdy.

37 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

@J.T. if we happen to be on at the same time - I might say we tag team Katagawa Ball

I will be up for that if I can get my Moze a proper Corrosive weapon so that you don't spend every fifth minute making a revive run.

If we succeed in destroying Murderball and it drops a Gold weapon, we'll have to flip for it.

Edited by J.T.

Or you could use THIS guide to cheese Katagawa Ball.

As you enter the encounter area, there is a turbine stage right up the stairs that provides enough cover for you to avoid the worst of the orb's attacks.

Apparently, once you melt off all of the armor with a Corrosive weapon, it exposes an energy core that you can disrupt with Shock weapons so that explains the huge blue bar.

I think I will try one more time to destroy that fucking thing with my current load-out with the shitty Green Corrosive shotty and if I die again, I'll just sell off my loot, go back to Sanctuary, and farm at least one purple Corrosive weapon from Marcus's vending machines before going back in.

If we're on at the same time, we can both go in and try to work the cheese together.  If one of us drops, at least someone will get the triumph for reviving another character.   

Hopefully he doesn't drop us both at the same time.

The co-worker that usually gets on my nerves is currently getting on my nerves, so I'll probably use a couple of the 1100 hours of sick time I have and give myself a Migraine Day and start my weekend early. 

If nothing special's going on later, I'll try blow this popsicle stand at lunch time.  Failing that, I'll roll out around 2PM EDT.

Edited by J.T.

I don't know why but I just thought to look for this thread. For the longest time I just thought this was a GTA posting board. I might figure out what I'm doin one of these days, unlikely, but possible. 

I'll try to read through here before it gets to 10k pages. 

Minor annoying bug from last night:

Was doing the "Protect Quinn" part of the "Technical NOGout" mission. Killed a bunch of guys except for one robot named "AMBER-LAMPS," who just kept running away from me. Well, I managed to die and there wasn't anything left to kill to try to get a second wind, so I had to resurrect and come back.

Got back to where Quinn was. . .and there's no robots, no soldiers, no nothing for me to fight, yet I couldn't talk to Quinn and nothing else would happen. This fucking AMBER-LAMPS went somewhere and just disappeared into the ether or something, and because of that I couldn't continue on to the next wave.

When I quit to the main menu and came back the mission rebooted so that I could finish it properly, but yeah. . .was a minor irritation.

Are you all playing on Pro/X or regular PS4/One systems? I've heard a lot of complaints of performance issues on the PS4 Pro and One X, but I haven't run into anything with playing on my regular old PS4.

Although, to be fair, I'm only level 5 and y'all are way, way ahead of me. 

One thing I am noticing is that the world this early on feels really...empty. I swear there were more roving enemies in B1 and B2. In this, I ran for a really long distance without running into anything. I even discovered a couple areas where no enemies were present.

And then when I do find enemies, humans anyway, they just stand there and let me shoot them point blank. 

58 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Are you still on Pandora?

Because your first planet is definitely... less populated

There are definitely areas were that is not the case

Oh yeah, still Pandora. I'm only level 5 so I'm guessing I'm going to be on Pandora for awhile.

17 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Oh yeah, still Pandora. I'm only level 5 so I'm guessing I'm going to be on Pandora for awhile.

If you do everything available before the main storyline forces you off - you will be around Level 9 or 10 when you leave

Beat Traunt first go. Surprising what being properly leveled, having a nice electric grenade, having a digi-clone AND running track laps around the area did for me. Definitely appreciate seeing how J.T. and Rippa are approaching some situations. Alternative ideas besides charge in and blow up things are , occasionally, useful.?

• Like 1

I might have to wait till they sort out the performance issues before I play more

I am trying to beat Rampager and first time the game completely locked up. The next three times I would get him down to a sliver and then my ally would just stand still and stare at me. Not shoot not revive just tell me that the place is getting destroyed 

Grr....