DVDVR Message Board

All Things Borderlands

RIPPA

4 minutes ago, AaronMLuke said:

Huh. That's odd. I'll have to check my completed missions. Already off Pandora. Thanks for the heads up.

As soon as I talked to Lorelei to "complete" the mission - I got a notice on my screen saying it was unlocked.

So go into your inventory - it should be unlocked. (It's the spot to the right of your shield)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Where is Melraz?  I need his personal review of the Beastmaster class.

Based on reviews - I think you will love Flak since supposedly it is all based around using snipers

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

As soon as I talked to Lorelei to "complete" the mission - I got a notice on my screen saying it was unlocked.

So go into your inventory - it should be unlocked. (It's the spot to the right of your shield)

Ok. I know what the problem is. Currently focused on the side missions and haven't got to that mission for Lorelei yet. Getting ready for Killa Volt and doing her side missions currently. Total derp on my behalf.

Edited by AaronMLuke

20 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Where is Melraz?  I need his personal review of the Beastmaster class since he was the only one among us with the courage to play FL4K.

Crazy ass work schedule.

FL4K is the only character I haven't tried out yet, but I'm pretty sure he's gonna be my favorite.  That damn monkey thing kicks ass.  He's also good for endless hilarity.  He took both of us out with friendly fire when he chucked a barrel at an enemy and hit something right in front of us instead.  After that we tried to stay well away anytime we saw him carrying something.

You can go back to Pandora after you've left it though, right? I just got to the part where I'm getting ready to go down to Promethea from the ship.

Also, I got the Florida Man achievement yesterday, entirely by accident. Which is good because it seems like one of those things that it would take me forever to do if I was attempting to actually do it on purpose.

13 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

You can go back to Pandora after you've left it though, right? I just got to the part where I'm getting ready to go down to Promethea from the ship.

I believe you can use Fast Travel to return to planets you've visited in the past.  

Access one of the FT Network kiosks and then toggle to Galaxy View to locate the planet you want to FT to.  After that, zoom in to locate the area where you want to arrive.

I don't think you need Sanctuary to physically be in orbit around that particular planet.

Edited by J.T.

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Based on reviews - I think you will love Flak since supposedly it is all based around using snipers

Huh.  I knew for sure that the Operative and all of his illusion hologram skills would end up being the sniper guy.

Go figure.

Well.  I know who I am playing when we fire up the co-op campaign.

Edited by J.T.

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I believe you can use Fast Travel to return to planets you've visited in the past.  

Toggle to Galaxy View to locate the planet you want to FT to and then zoom in to locate the area where you want to arrive.

I don't think you need Sanctuary to physically be in orbit around that particular planet.

What JT said

You don't even have to go through the nonsense of Sanctuary flying too and fro

I went back to Pandora to finish the couple of side missions I hadn't done yet and it was real easy

Once I figured out that who Galaxy View thing

29 minutes ago, AaronMLuke said:

Ok. I know what the problem is. Currently focused on the side missions and haven't got to that mission for Lorelei yet. Getting ready for Killa Volt and doing her side missions currently. Total derp on my behalf.

Also partly my fault - I wrote Pandora when I meant Promethea

1 hour ago, Robert C said:

It kinds seems like they've turned the crazy down, at least from what I've seen so far.  Part of it may be that I haven't run into Tina or Torgue yet.  The heels have been hamming it up nicely, but Tannis almost seems sane.

Do the Just A Prick side mission on Sanctuary for confirmation that Tannis is as fucking crazy as she ever was.

"The benefit of serving as the medical officer on this ship is that I have a near endless supply of test subjects.... Oh... Patients..  I'm supposed to call them 'patients.""

Why do games that aren't platformer centric always have platformer puzzles in their games and their characters cannot jump or stick landings for jack shit?

I think it took me 45 minutes of jumping, falling, and swearing before I finally reached the Bandit Technical on Promethia I had to steal in order to unlock another vehicle upgrade.

The sticky bomb launcher was worth it, though.

Edited by J.T.

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Why do games that aren't platformer centric always have platformer puzzles in their games and their characters cannot jump or stick landings for jack shit?

I think it took me 45 minutes of jumping, falling, and swearing before I finally reached the Bandit Technical on Promethia I had to steal in order to unlock another vehicle upgrade.

The sticky bomb launcher was worth it, though.

Shocking, given all of our legendary platforming skills on display when we played co-op borderlands 2. Yeah.. definitely hated that particular puzzle as well, J.T. ?

• Haha 1

Finally got a chance to play this some last night and the feel of the game is fantastic. I like this so much more than Borderlands 2. My biggest complaints with 2 were that the action felt slow, like I was moving through mud (that could also be because I was playing Doom and Spider-Man at that same time) and melee attacks sucked. I feel like I move around faster now and the melee attacks actually have some weight to them.

Plus, transforming into the mech with Moze is just great.

I went back to Pandora and cleared all of the challenges I had and I am almost done with Promethia.  I think I have one set of Vault Hunter archives to track down in the Metroplex and a Target of Opportunity to smersh in Lectra City.

The misleading encounter values for these fucking Legendary Hunts can eat a bag of dicks.

As a Level 17 Gunner, I was able to kack the Level 9 Rakk with vehicle fire from my Cyclone, but the fucking Level 7 Varkid Family swarm nearly murdered me where I stood and nearly destroyed my vehicle when they gave chase.

I also nearly got blasted when a fucking Level 17 named Bandit Technical (Skagzilla?) nearly blew my little Cyclone into splinters while I was chasing down the Dead Claptrap part I needed from The Droughts.   Fortunately I was able to hijack it and drive it to the nearest Catch-A-Ride to salvage it for parts..

I got the Mechani-Cool achievement after it digistructed, but I haven't summoned a Technical to see if the base equipment is any different.  I'm having way too much fun zipping around on the Cyclone since it is ultra fast and the fucking double heavy guns spit total death.

Skagzilla had a barrel launcher with the Shock property so I hope that the barrel launcher for my own Technical has that property now.

For those of you working on the Dead Claptrap challenges, he's down in the cargo hold putting the robot together.  Her name is Veronica.  Aww. 

I'm now committed to helping the little bastard reconstruct this droid so that I can have two of the annoying little fucks rolling around the Cargo Hold.  Thank God that the only way to reach the hold are a set of stairwells and Claptraps can't climb stairs.

I've saved up nearly 20K for my SDU fund so I had better nuke myself with a 'nade for the Florida Man achievement while it is still fairly economical to do so. 

I'll definitely have to take my Shield off when I suicide since it is an epic Iron Maiden shield that has a whopping 750 barrier and also has damage resistance.  The barrier strength of this fucking shield is double my health.  FUCK YEAH~!

Now is Rippa's time to outlevel me in this game since the Iron Banner event will return to Destiny 2 this week and daddy needs a good roll for that Swarm Of The Raven grenade launcher.  I'll play D2 long enough to clear the bounties and get in my 3 matches of Competitive Crucible and then I will be back to murdering bandits with my girl, Moze.

58 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Plus, transforming into the mech with Moze is just great.

Yeah, Moze is a beast once you start pumping skill points into the trees that make Iron Bear a better damage sponge and add incendiary DOTs to the miniguns.  

Now I gotta start making his fuel consumption more economical and reduce the high RPM heat build-up and I'll be GTG.

Edited by J.T.

Oh, and if I were you, I'd save all of my Eridium until I got to the max level.  

Crazy Earl's vending machine on Sanctuary sells Anointed weapons that receive a buff after you've used your Action Skill. 

Buying one now so that it can be garbage in ten levels does not seem wise, so I will be holding on to my Eridium so that I can buy a badass epic or legendary gun when Moze is 50 that gives her a damage bonus after she ejects from Iron Bear.

Speaking of Earl, I need to find out what Trinkets are.

Edited by J.T.
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Speaking of Earl, I need to find out what Trinkets are.

I got one super early

Have zero clue what they do - outside of maybe being cosmetic - but slapped it on one of my weapons

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I got one super early

Have zero clue what they do - outside of maybe being cosmetic - but slapped it on one of my weapons

Yeah, I have no trinkets yet and I know I am not going to spend precious Eridium on a cosmetic item.

Speaking of cosmetic items, I've gotten three more room decorations from the Vault Log weapon caches. 

The mounted skag head and KillaVolt's shield have given my room on Santuary a bit more heroic feng shui.  There are also weapon mounts in your room to showcase trophy guns but I would rather have the cash, so I am more likely to sell guns than show them off.

The grind will continue until I unlock my last weapon slot at 20th and also unlock what I assume is the relic / artifact slot after I do whatever dumb quest I need to finish to get my first Action Skill buff item.

Edited by J.T.

35 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The grind will continue until I unlock my last weapon slot at 20th and also unlock what I assume is the relic / artifact slot after I do whatever dumb quest I need to finish to get my first Action Skill buff item.

Fourth weapon slot isn't level dependent.  My Moze is level 15, and she has it unlocked.  It's mission dependent.  Moze right now has the fourth slot unlocked but not the third.  She hasn't made it off of Pandora in my playthrough, but I tagged along with melraz on his mission that unlocked the fourth.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Fourth weapon slot isn't level dependent.  My Moze is level 15, and she has it unlocked.  It's mission dependent.  Moze right now has the fourth slot unlocked but not the third.  She hasn't made it off of Pandora in my playthrough, but I tagged along with melraz on his mission that unlocked the fourth.

My Moze is 17 and she only has the 4th weapon slot and (what I assume to be) the artifact slot left to unlock.

It figures that the game would make me unlock slots by doing missions to prevent me from backgrinding and trivializing future game content by going in slightly overpowered with an open inventory.

Edited by J.T.

To be fair - I haven't come across anything yet that I knew I couldn't do at my current level.

Everything has been right at my level.

Heck I cleared all of Athenas in one pass (including challenges)

Okay - that might technically be a lie since I don't know the Holotape locations so I don't know if they are all contained on one planet or spread all over the fucking place

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - I haven't come across anything yet that I knew I couldn't do at my current level.

Everything has been right at my level.

Everything is correct for my level, but it's hard to explore areas where current missions are happening when the game is set to Normal and there are like nine enemies on the map that are equal in level to you; half of which have Shock or Radiation property weapons.

It also doesn't help that I like playing Commando class characters who usually excel in using bullet hose weapons that run dry rather quickly.

I also can't figure out where my gold guns or skins are at. I went to where they should be, but there's nothing there. I checked my mail, and there's nothing there either. And yet, the system says I claimed those bonuses along with a bunch of gold keys.

Insert shruggie here.