DVDVR Message Board

All Things Borderlands

RIPPA

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:06 PM, Robert C said:

I miss Scooter.  Also, the attempt to make me care about these Tales characters is failing 

the multi element guns are nice 

Yep.  Where was alternate fire weapons in B2 when I needed them most?

I'm rolling with Moze.  She's not as tanky as I expected her to be, but Iron Bear is similar to the Commando-style action skill boss killer that has brought me victory in the past and I am digging her new Blackeye head customization thing.  It is interesting to see how a female character changes the complexion of the story since nearly all of the primary characters I have run into so far are also women.

RIP KillaVolt.  Thanks for the guns and the Legendary wall decoration, asshole.

I probably should've played on Easy for my first go around since I have found myself going back to Promethia and Pandora to re-explore the areas I skirted over thanks to even stevens enemies that attacked me in bunches and nearly killed me in seconds.  

I still need to find a couple of the VH weapon caches on Pandora and Promethia.  The guns I loot from them will probably be underleveled bullshit, but the profits from sales can finance my SDU fund.

I also think I'm missing a vehicle upgrade for the mono-wheel motorcycle vehicle thingie.  I think it's on Promethia.

Since Zer0 is my second favorite character from B2, I guess I will replay the game as the Operative later on since his skill trees are pretty similar.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah - I am gonna have to spend some time today at work learning the skill tree because for some reason this time it doesn't seem as intuitive as the last games

God is the lag fucking frustrating (though I haven't had the game completely die on me yet so that is a plus)

21 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

OH! And don't make the mistake I made

Make sure you check your mail tab under "Social"

I had like 5 weapons waiting there for me for various reasons

Yeah, when you complete the challenges associated with the various weapon manufacturers, they will occasionally you a gun in the mail.  I figured that out a long time ago. 

For some reason, most of the really effective guns in my game have either been from Jakobs or Dahl, so I was always getting guns from them in the mail because that's all I was using at the time.

You can also get the Gun Pals! achievement by sending an item to someone on your Friend's List.  I noticed that Aaron was just hitting Level 7, so I mailed my old purple Leech auto pistol to him so that he could have a good at-level gun to use and then PLONK~!  RARE ACHIEVEMENT~!

Now that everyone here knows this, I expect to see a lot of bullshit white guns in my Social mail this afternoon.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

And Holy Fuck, is the new Radiation element ever lethal! 

I was struggling with the KillaVolt side mission because I had shitty green guns, until I nabbed a blue Dahl burst fire SMG with the Radiation and then I just started to melt people.

My Radiation SMG carried me to victory through the scary moments  It took like four Second Winds and two Iron Bear spawns to get past the KillaVolt boss fight. 

I also got a badass Shock element Maliwan sniper rifle from a side quest while blundering through Lectra City on my quest to murder the crap out of KillaVolt. It was total beast until the boss fight.... since KillaVolt is as highly resistant to Shock as you would expect him to be.

Meanwhile his elemental powers have no problem breaking your shield in nanoseconds.

It's a good thing that rifle from Proof of Wife was a monster because that side mission in Lectra City nearly turned me into an alcoholic.   Soooo many enemies to kill that hide like cowards when you need to get a Second Wind....

Edited by J.T.

50 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

OH! And don't make the mistake I made

Make sure you check your mail tab under "Social"

I had like 5 weapons waiting there for me for various reasons

Was halfway through Pandora when I finally checked my social when I got something from J.T. . Found out I had a ton of stuff waiting for me. Would have made the first few missions a bit easier.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Yeah, when you complete the challenges associated with the various weapon manufacturers, they will occasionally send you a gun in the mail.  I figured that out a long time ago.  

If you miss the opportunity to use them, no big deal.  Just sell them for cash and use the profits for something else.

For some reason, most of the really effective guns in my game have either been from Jakobs or Dahl, so I was always getting guns from them in the mail because that's all I was using at the time.

You can also get the Gun Pals! achievement by using Social to send an item to someone on your Friend's List who is online and currently playing B3. 

I noticed that Aaron was just hitting Level 7 Operative, so I mailed my old purple Leech auto pistol to him so that he could have a good at-level gun to use and then PLONK~!  RARE ACHIEVEMENT~!

Now that everyone here knows this, I expect to see a lot of bullshit white guns in my Social mail this afternoon.

Nah. I'll at least send a decent blue or green weapon, maybe even a purple.?

• Thanks 1

Do NOT let weapon values fool you.  Most of the time they're accurate, but the score also gives a lot of weight to weapon scope zoom and high magnification scopes can be about as useful as tits on an ox if you've got an assault rifle, SMG, or some other weapon that is better used at Medium range.

The only exception I would make is for Jakobs shotguns with short-range scopes since they are fucking brutal and are the best baby snipers in my game so far.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:20 AM, RIPPA said:

Got the Florida Man achievement and laughed and laughed and laughed

As many times as I have nearly killed myself trying to "reload" a Tediore weapon so far, I feel I should've gotten this achievement by now.

Edited by J.T.

One weapon I got in the mail (possibly from Zero) is a Level 18 so I won't get to that one for like 5 more levels.

Re: Florida Man

Here is the key "If you do most of the damage, but someone else hits you as you go into FFYL, it will not count."

I got mine when I was accidentally trying to grab a weapon our of a closet but wasn't close enough and instead "reloaded"

Also - unequip your shield

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Re: Florida Man

Here is the key "If you do most of the damage, but someone else hits you as you go into FFYL, it will not count."

I got mine when I was accidentally trying to grab a weapon our of a closet but wasn't close enough and instead "reloaded"

Yep, this is how I nearly blew myself up with my Tediore SMG. 

I tried to grab a healie from a lockbox and nearly obliterated myself with a SMG grenade reload because I wasn't vacuum distance close to grab the healie.

Speaking of Tediore, some of their guns convert into enemy tracking auto-turrets after a reload rather turning into grenades. I had one at Level 6 that saved my ass a few times on side missions when I suddenly found myself in FFYL mode.

Tediore has always been my jam in this series

Right now - I have one that sticks to the ground and if you shoot it it does corrosive splash damage and another that splits into 5 fucking MRVs

I think my favorite weapon in the game so far was my Atlas smart bullet combat rifle.. 

Fire one tracker round to tag your opponent and then switch to full auto and watch the other bullets seek the original target no matter where he takes cover.

No more needless suppressive fire shots wasted on enemies that refuse to peek.

Edited by J.T.

It kinds seems like they've turned the crazy down, at least from what I've seen so far.  Part of it may be that I haven't run into Tina or Torgue yet.  The heels have been hamming it up nicely, but Tannis almost seems sane.

Favorite moments so far:

"I killed a guy for a pair of those.  Nice fella"

Claptrap's ass channeling Dave Bowman

27 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I think my favorite weapon in the game so far was my Atlas smart bullet combat rifle.. 

Fire one tracker round to tag your opponent and then switch to full auto and watch the other bullets seek the original target no matter where he takes cover.

No more needless suppressive fire shots wasted on enemies that refuse to peek.

I just got one of those and it whips ass.  Pretty sure that I could set up my gun loadout to make a gestalt ZF-1, minus the netgun.

I am genuinely interested in where they're going with the story (just got off Pandora) so I can't wait for the writing to brutally let me down.

• Like 1

Favorite weapon so far is a sticky radiation pistol I just got in the mail from Mr. Torque. Should do me well against Killa Volt, so thanks for the run down on your encounter with him, J.T.  . Also enjoying a sticky explosive shotgun I picked up, saved my ass multiple times in fight for your life.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AaronMLuke said:

Specific level for the class mod unlock, Rippa?

No - it unlocks when you complete a specific mission

You must complete 

Spoiler

Hostile Takeover on Pandora

22 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - I just unlocked the Class Mod (thank fucking Christ)

Also got my first gold weapon - though it is a Meh grenade that I have a feeling will be replaced shortly

I am bummed.

Spoiler

The first Gold item I received was a cosmetic item.

If you defeat KillaVolt, Moxxxi rewards you by giving you a light-up sign from her bar to hang with pride in your quarters on Sanctuary.

Oh, and don't forget to tip Moxxi at least $100 for an easy achievement but of course, we all know that there hast to be at least an epic weapon in it for our character if we tip her a certain amount in total.

It also wouldn't surprise me if this time around, she mailed you the gun rather than give it to you on the spot.  I imagine that the internets are full of enraged players that think that her tip jar is broken and didn't realize they've been sitting on her Social rewards the entire time.