DVDVR Message Board

All Things Borderlands

RIPPA

17 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Oh, you can be so anti-social at times.

Don't think I don't notice when you go solo queue Iron Banner in D2 and I know that I left my profile open to show that I'm online.

Besides, it is in all of our best interest to have at least one 4-man campaign mode going on since the more people you have, the better the loot rolls.

Hey - invites work two ways pal!

But after the incident with Borderlands 2 with that crazy kid who ruined my playthrough (which I think was your fault since you invited him. God it is going to bug me that I can't remember his name,) I need to keep my games very separate.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

But after the incident with Borderlands 2 with that crazy kid who ruined my playthrough (which I think was your fault since you invited him. God it is going to bug me that I can't remember his name,) I need to keep my games very separate.

Fuck.   That WAS my fault, wasn't it?

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I miss Don.

I miss Don and his heavy sighs of rage whenever someone would get ahead of him on the ME3 leaderboard.

For someone that claimed not to be a tryhard, he sure was a tryhard.  Him and his Min / Max Salarian Engineer.

Edited by J.T.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So to not flood the 3 thread right before it comes out

Started Commander Lilith

Yup forgot all the controls. That didn't help.

Did the same thing.

Nothing quite like thinking you're going to lob a grenade, hitting a button, and reloading your gun instead.

Install looks like it's done.  Supposed to go active 11 PM tonight here.  I've had a SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTT day, so I'm just gonna start up whichever character can do the most damage, not worry too much about build and hopefully start shooting things in the face around 11:01 PM.

My poor wife, who hates video games, had to endure our veterinarian and me geeking out over BL3 this evening.  Funniest part was the vet bitching because her wife  (who is the absolution definition of meek and mild) ganked all her preorder bonuses for BL2 and then refused to let her have them back.

To counteract the geekout, I told her about the time we took my dad the vet in Dilley, Texas to get get stitches in his hand after a hunting accident, and she told me about her firsthand experience using a Judge to shoot a snake that's too close to your house.  She rules.  Fun fact - if you map out where Last of Us starts, it's basically her house.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

I'll get my copy after work today.  Hopefully the install won't take forever and the servers won't crash due to the entire population of earth trying to log on at the same time.

On the plus side, less people on RDO servers and less trolls to worry about while making delivery runs. 

Didn't get a chance to play it yet. It's installed and ready to go and I was hoping this would be a slower work day so I can log in some time before my daughter gets out on school, but I don't think that's happening.

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Great minds!  I was just wondering about what badass songs that B3 would have in the opening and end credits!

Damn.  The Heavy brought it strong for this game too, didn't they?

Edited by J.T.

Made the mistake of sitting down to watch the second half of Bucs/Panthers waiting for 11 PM.  Woke up at 3:49 AM.  I blame Cam Newton, Yahoo's stupid auto draft for picking him, and my stupid fantasy football commissioner for screwing things up so that I got stuck with an auto draft.

Looks like the install didn't happen correctly for some reason anyway, so I'm redoing it now.

I am not going to finish Commander Lilith before this but I am glad I started it to remind myself of the control scheme

I really probably should look at the skill trees so I can figure out who I want to play as

I'm up to Level 5.  Like @Zimbra said. . .I wanted more Borderlands, and more Borderlands is precisely what I've gotten. There's something to be said for not reinventing the wheel.

Grabbing a vehicle just isn't the same without Scooter yelling "CATCH A RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHD," but if that winds up being the only complaint I have about this game. . .and, so far, it is. . .I'm going to be pretty happy with it.

I’m not sure I’m thrilled with the way the inventory/vending machines have changed

And I feel like the text has gotten tinier but that could just be my old ass eyes

And I love you all but I need to turn off the notifications about what everyone else is accomplishing at the same time