Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
RIPPA

NMM #13 - RHEA RIPLEY

Recommended Posts

Rhea Ripley might end up being my one exception to the whole "No WWE" thing. We shall see how the rest of the week goes.

RHEA RIPLEY

Rhea-Ripley-696x392.jpg

CAGEMATCH

Twitter

Instagram

MYC MATCHES (all links Dailymotion)

MYC 2017

vs. Miranda Salinas

vs. Dakota Kai

MYC 2018

vs. MJ Jenkins

vs. Kacy Catanzaro

vs. Io Shirai

OTHER MATCHES

vs. Toni Storm (NXT UK Women's Title Tournament Final)

vs. Toni Storm (NXT UK Blackpool)

vs. Isla Dawn

vs. Deonna Purrazzo

NOTES

I didn't include the Tegan Nox match since it's a nothing match with Nox trying to work as a cripple.

The MYC years are really good to see the evolution of a character

You could also watch the 2019 Rumble as Ripley had one of the best performances in it.

She posted a picture on social media at the end of last week where she was wearing a walking boot so I am not quite sure her injury status.

She and Kacy Catanzaro have a great chemistry (if you couldn't tell from the MYC and Rumble) and you can find clips of their various encounters from NXT House Sows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I knew nothing about Rhea pre-WWE. I found her forgettable in the 1st MYC, she wasnt used on NXT TV, and then in the MYC 2 she got pushed heavy with a new look and character. Her matches that time around were more memorable. I think she looked pretty solid with the ring work. Nothing too fancy outside of a new finisher, just a mean bruiser. I do remember her selling in the Kacy match was kinda over the top, but they were doing some cool stuff and she was noticeably feeding off the crowds energy so whatever. 

What happened with Knox was unfortunate and I was bothered too with feeling like I had to buy Rhea even more because it happened. There was nothing subtle about her change in attitude and push, but she ended up looking out of place imo because the show had to go on. 

Nxt UK is a great place for her. She fits in well and continues to produce solid matches with different opponents. I think she and Toni had OK matches. I feel like they kinda held back in their last encounter when Toni retained. I'm excited to see how she works with Piper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Rhea, and get the talk of star potential in her, but I still think she is a good 1-2 years away from being anything really worth talking about. She has her character down, but I feel still is still kind of lacking in the ring. That said, the Io and Toni matches were solid and do show a decent gradual growth in her. While the NXT UK run has been decent, I'm honestly looking more forward to her coming into original NXT post-Shayna.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I give her a ton of credit for not breaking character when Tegan's unfortunate injury happened.  She stuck with it and her Twitter game after that was pretty great.  I very much buy into what she's doing and in WWE that can be half the battle.  The ring work and such will come along fine in time and when she's ready will be one helluva star.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys have a lot of criticisms for a 22-year-old prospect who seems to have a grasp of all the little things that she can add on to become a great wrestler as she gains experience.  She's a big, stong, super athlete who never breaks character and has an entire career in front of her to iron out all of the rookie wrinkles.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every thing about her screams star.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, supremebve said:

You guys have a lot of criticisms for a 22-year-old prospect who seems to have a grasp of all the little things that she can add on to become a great wrestler as she gains experience.  She's a big, stong, super athlete who never breaks character and has an entire career in front of her to iron out all of the rookie wrinkles.  

Huh? I had the harshest comments and none were exactly calling her crap. She is talented. She just isn't everything she can be yet, and that is fine considering her age and experience.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This also reminds me that I should have mentioned in the notes that Ripley also has this weird Twitter "feud" with Mick Foley

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah - I think she might be the best "prospect" in the women's developmental (not putting the joshi stars or Toni Storm in that class as I feel we all know what they can do). Big, young, attractive blonde who still looks like a bruiser. She's basically female Pete Dunne but plays her character well and is actually a pretty good seller (check out the match with the very green Xia yesterday). 

If they don't ruin her (I know) she can be a pretty big star on the main roster, especially throwing out smaller wrestlers like Sasha or looking physically credible against the larger women like Charlotte. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:11 PM, AverageKong said:

I knew nothing about Rhea pre-WWE. I found her forgettable in the 1st MYC, she wasnt used on NXT TV, and then in the MYC 2 she got pushed heavy with a new look and character. Her matches that time around were more memorable. I think she looked pretty solid with the ring work. Nothing too fancy outside of a new finisher, just a mean bruiser. I do remember her selling in the Kacy match was kinda over the top, but they were doing some cool stuff and she was noticeably feeding off the crowds energy so whatever. 

What happened with Knox was unfortunate and I was bothered too with feeling like I had to buy Rhea even more because it happened. There was nothing subtle about her change in attitude and push, but she ended up looking out of place imo because the show had to go on. 

Nxt UK is a great place for her. She fits in well and continues to produce solid matches with different opponents. I think she and Toni had OK matches. I feel like they kinda held back in their last encounter when Toni retained. I'm excited to see how she works with Piper. 

During the first MYC, I watched her, and thought she was the ideal WWE women's hire, tall, athletic and attractive. Over the past year, she has changed her look and in-ring style completely, and it works so well for her. Get her some more experience, and she will do great on the main roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This also reminds me that I should have mentioned in the notes that Ripley also has this weird Twitter "feud" with Mick Foley

This reminds me how much I really want to see the Rhea/Reina team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...