DVDVR Message Board

God Save The Queen - SDL - 3/26/2019

Dolfan in NYC

9 hours ago, Craig H said:

She has the widest, most creative, and coolest outfits in the WWE. She stands out more than anyone else.

My daughter in particular likes Asuka (but Bayley is still her favorite) and I asked her why and she pointed out she likes all of the colors, her mask, and the flying the hip attack is funny.

I can't argue with her logic.

I remember going to a live event in 2017 and it was Asuka vs. Ember Moon vs. Nikki Cross. And Asuka totally made that match for me. Like at one point she stopped short after a whip and did like a dance to taunt one of them. Another point she basically did sort of like I think a butt thump/stinkface variation in the corner. The crowd was eating up Asuka's act. She was basically outdoing both women in every way. She had the mannerisms, the facials and charisma. It's not all about cutting promos. Asuka is the complete package. 

• Like 5

I love Asuka more than life itself, but even I knew that she wasn't going to win that match.   WWE wants you all to hate someone OTHER than Ronda Rousey in that WM Main Event and the booking is working.

If anything, you should all be happy that Charlotte won because there's no way that she is going to walk out of that ring as a Unified WWE Ladies Champ unless the WWE wants NJPD to make 82,500 arrests for First Degree Arson after everyone at MetLife sets their seats on fire.

The woman that will win will be The Man since she's the only competitor in the match that is not a title holder and she's ridiculously over and WM is the traditional send 'em home happy show.

If this were SummerSlam aka the All Heels All The Time show, then I'd be concerned.

Edited by J.T.
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I love Asuka more than life itself, but even I knew that she wasn't going to win that match.   WWE wants you all to hate someone OTHER than Ronda Rousey in that WM Main Event and the booking is working.

If anything, you should all be happy that Charlotte won because there's no way that she is going to walk out of that ring as a Unified WWE Ladies Champ unless the WWE wants NJPD to make 82,500 arrests for First Degree Arson after everyone at MetLife sets their seats on fire.

That would certainly be a Wrestlemania moment, New Jersey state troopers and local police departments trying to stop the Wrestlemania riot.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I like Asuka's gear, but it comes second to Naomi for me. Naomi, Asuka and Bayley are my top 3. Carmella gets honorable mention.

This talk of wardrobe makes me wish they had kept Naomi and Asuka together as a team. They were clearly incorporating parts of the other's gear into theirs. They would have put together something incredible for WM.

Hey, anything to see Asuka writhe undulate dance is a-ok by me.

Edited by nate
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Raziel said:

giphy.gif

send 'em home happy......... most of the time...... when it's cost effective...

Oh, dammit Raziel....

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That would certainly be a Wrestlemania moment, New Jersey state troopers and local police departments trying to stop the Wrestlemania riot.

God, could you imagine the epic heart failure Vince would have, if a riot ever broke out because of a Wrestlemania, and it forever became known as the "Wrestlemania Riot of 2019"?  

"Wrestlemania Riot" trending on Twitter.

Smart fans chanting "We won't riot, clap clap clapclapclap!"

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

alternately Vince screaming in Michael Cole's ear to scream at the fans to Stop Throwing Chairs In The Ring (at which point some clever ass throws a trash bin)

and "WHERE'S MY LIGHT-ER?" [CLAP, CLAP, CLAP-CLAP-CLAP] during boring segments from that point forevermore

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, nate said:

God, could you imagine the epic heart failure Vince would have, if a riot ever broke out because of a Wrestlemania, and it forever became known as the "Wrestlemania Riot of 2019"?  

WE CREATE MOMENTS, PAL shouted over the din of sirens

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, nate said:

It's Riott ?

Also only time the Riott Squad get a push. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Fans aren't going to riot over this. You'd need to do something much crazier. Like put Disco Inferno in a crate in the middle of the ring and blow him up.

Probably saving that for when Mania returns to Chicago. 

Disco in an ax and smash outfit for disco demolition night? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

Disco in an ax and smash outfit for disco demolition night? 

57 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

You've greatly improved on my joke. Cheers. 

Teamwork makes the dream work.

5 hours ago, J.T. said:

WWE wants you all to hate someone OTHER than Ronda Rousey in that WM Main Event and the booking is working.

I don't think JT has been watching Raw and SDL lately. Ronda is now the top heel and Charlotte has become meaningless for this match. Giving her a title puts some heat back on her.

Asuka losing the title was a last minute decision from what I've read, it's not like it was a long term plan. I do agree that this put more heat on Charlotte but she's not going to have the same level of heat going into WM. Since they probably won unify the titles if Becky wins she'll be a Raw mainstay and be on a separate brand than Charlotte. Both Women's divisions need shaken up 

23 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

In the eyes of Vince, Asuka will never be anything more than a B+ player. She will never be the guy. 

Vince's eyes should be plucked out of his head as if he were Daryl Hannah in Kill Bill.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/27/2019 at 3:20 PM, RIPPA said:

Asuka vs. Lacey Evans was definitely on the early booking sheets for Mania but something soured them on Lacey and that is why it was kinda like "Umm... Asuka needs to face someone at Mania"

Those early botches in the rumble couldn’t have helped. She looked pretty bad. But again, Wwe calling women up too early. Dana, Nia, et al....

• Like 1