DVDVR Message Board

God Save The Queen - SDL - 3/26/2019

Dolfan in NYC

I'm a fan of Asuka and think they took the most convoluted way to make the 3 way as big as it is.  If they take the cuffs off and let Asuka go all in with a psycho killer clown mode and destroy Charlotte after mania then it will be ok. But the women's division is gonna need a second revolution at this rate.

• Like 5

Alright everyone, look...I hate to be the one to say this, but you're never getting Asuka as ultra evil and scary as fuck Kana in WWE. Even though merch sales alone in masks, action figures, and t-shirts would be worth it, it's just never going to happen. For it to happen, creative would need to have knowledge of it, which I can't trust them to have. Secondly, Vince will need to get on board with it. Third, Asuka will need to magically be able to speak perfect English because Vince is a weirdo.

I love Asuka, I'm happy she had a run with the title, and I happy she got to have some cool masks and sport the best in ring gear in the company. They could have done way more with her, but that's just not how WWE operates.

That said, I would love to be proven wrong.

• Like 3

I've been thinking about this and what to say. I mean on the one hand it was the Charlotte/Asuka match we should have got at this years Wrestlemania. On the other I wasn't surprised they hot shotted the title on Charlotte with no build up what so ever. If this is a round about way to do a unified Women's champion...then great. 

If this becomes a "who ever pins who becomes that champion" type of deal and say Becky pins Charlotte and she wins the Smackdown title and Ronda keeps her title...well, that's gonna suck.

We should be happy about Kofimania even though it took them forfuckingever to get there. But they go and screw Asuka over like this. 

11 hours ago, The Natural said:

The difference in Shinsuke Nakamura and Asuka now to this time last year. Quite the drop.

I legit still get chills and even a little mitsy at times when I go back and watch Nakamura v Zayn. That was one of the most surreal matches/events I can ever remember witnessing live. Must have watched it 5 times that weekend alone thinking that the business was about to change forever.

Fuck the main roster booking...

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Is wearing tiny underpants over your gear really that cool a look? 

She has the widest, most creative, and coolest outfits in the WWE. She stands out more than anyone else.

My daughter in particular likes Asuka (but Bayley is still her favorite) and I asked her why and she pointed out she likes all of the colors, her mask, and the flying the hip attack is funny.

I can't argue with her logic.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, nate said:

Some of you have managed to convince me: I dont give two shits about any of this year's Mania.  *shrug*

Wrestlemania looks like the least interesting card of the entire weekend.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Is wearing tiny underpants over your gear really that cool a look? 

I like Asuka's gear, but it comes second to Naomi for me. Naomi, Asuka and Bayley are my top 3. Carmella gets honorable mention.

This talk of wardrobe makes me wish they had kept Naomi and Asuka together as a team. They were clearly incorporating parts of the other's gear into theirs. They would have put together something incredible for WM.

• Like 2

This weeks rating was the best of the year so far with a 2.3. You'll be able to see in the link below the ratings have steadily gone up for the last few weeks. Around when the Kofi angle started. If the rating keep going up I could see Kofi walking out of Mania as Champion.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-smackdown-posts-best-ratings-2019-280281

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rick said:

If Asuka's going to go all in on the character she needs to adopt the barefoot look again to really capture the essence of the crazy. Like Rusev and Umaga. There's something insincere about a nutty character wearing a pair of Nike sneakers under kick pads.

yeah yeah I know settle down Ricknetico

I don't think she has to go full blown crazy clown again. The thing I love the most about Asuka is her smile. She smiles like someone who takes pleasure in hurting others. I like to joke that she is essentially Eihi Shiina from the movie Audition (maybe just without the piano wire). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Phantom Lord said:

I don't think she has to go full blown crazy clown again. The thing I love the most about Asuka is her smile. She smiles like someone who takes pleasure in hurting others. I like to joke that she is essentially Eihi Shiina from the movie Audition (maybe just without the piano wire). 

I made that comparison as well on here during Asuka's nxt run. I want to see evil, sadistic Asuka. I'd go the dark makeup route ala Rosemary.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

I like Asuka's gear, but it comes second to Naomi for me. Naomi, Asuka and Bayley are my top 3. Carmella gets honorable mention.

This talk of wardrobe makes me wish they had kept Naomi and Asuka together as a team. They were clearly incorporating parts of the other's gear into theirs. They would have put together something incredible for WM.

I'd take Carmella over Bayley. Especially once she switched to the onzie. Such a sleek look. 

Naomi's gear is great. Similar to the team with Asuka, I wish Naomi could have teamed with 'Mella for longer. They were really starting to find a look too. 

• Like 3