DVDVR Message Board

God Save The Queen - SDL - 3/26/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Random question: why is it that Shane has to threaten to the ring announcer to actually get the kind of introduction every wrestler should be getting?

Or, more accurately, if that guy is actually capable of doing good introductions like that... Why doesn't he?

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Random question: why is it that Shane has to threaten to the ring announcer to actually get the kind of introduction every wrestler should be getting?

Or, more accurately, if that guy is actually capable of doing good introductions like that... Why doesn't he?

If you were working for the McMahons, wouldn’t you want to half ass it too? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Why is everyone assuming that Boss Hug aren't dropping the belts? A Nattie and Beth win would be another "moment" on the same weekend that the Hart Foundation are going into the HOF.  And if Ronda is taking extended time off your Horsewomen vs Horsewomen feud probably isn't happening anyway.

Also: Wooooooooo!!

Edited by Execproducer
  • Like 1

I was under the impression that Mandy Rose was supposed to get the shot at Asuka.  

Post Elimination Chamber I would have begrudgingly agreed.  She was aggressive and very physical throughout the chamber.  It was enough to make me think I was over looking her.  The weeks between then and now showed she definitely wasn’t ready as the gap in status and talent would still have been huge even if the follow up to the EC had been successful.  Mandy didn’t step up.

Charlotte winning is a patch.  But it’s patched with the best wrestler they have. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Execproducer said:

Why is everyone assuming that Boss Hug aren't dropping the belts?

While anything is possible - to have the 1st champs lose in their first PPV defense (possible 1st defense ever - I can't remember) is not a great way to establish the belts.

Plus they have already laid the ground work for Sasha/Bayley to work NXT post-Mania

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

While anything is possible - to have the 1st champs lose in their first PPV defense (possible 1st defense ever - I can't remember) is not a great way to establish the belts.

It's neither. They defended against Tamina and Nia at Fastlane.

I do agree that the post-WM Raw being all sentimental and Revolution-y at the end only for clown face Asuka to show up and justifiably beat the living hell out of everyone is one way to right the ship after WM. Move her and Becky to Raw to feud there, Charlotte to SD and do an open challenge kind of deal to build up a new crew of contenders there and off you go. 

• Like 4

Me: You know what I really like? A really good piece of chocolate cake with vanilla icing.

WWE: You like cake PAL? Good. We're going to give you a seven layer, chocolate double fudge SUPER cake. Its going to have 7 layers of vanilla of icing covered in pureed fruit with another coating of icing PAL. It's going to be 7 feet tall and weigh in and just over 22 pounds. It'll be the biggest cake in culinary history notwithstanding PAL.

Me: I'd just like a nice piece of chocolate cake, please.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

Me: You know what I really like? A really good piece of chocolate cake with vanilla icing.

WWE: You like cake PAL? Good. We're going to give you a seven layer, chocolate double fudge SUPER cake. Its going to have 7 layers of vanilla of icing covered in pureed fruit with another coating of icing PAL. It's going to be 7 feet tall and weigh in and just over 22 pounds. It'll be the biggest cake in culinary history notwithstanding PAL.

I love chocolate fudge and chocolate fudge cake. Craving for it now.

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

That's a really great analogy for Wrestlemania.  Much like getting a huge piece of cake it would take a couple/few days of eating/watching whatever of it and picking off/skipping the stuff I don't care for.  Which sounds like the better option compared to eating the whole piece in one sitting/watching the show live.

I was behind by a few minutes so watching it I didn't realize there was two minutes left once New Day won.  I thought for certain Vince was going to screw them again by either saying the match was no-countout or that he'd be at WM but not the title match.  So it was hard to realize that this was real without any bullshit going on.  I'm happy to see he's getting the shot though it was obvious.  It's just that the Vince part of it really downgraded my interest in it all.  I'm sure come WM time I'll conveniently forget all that and enjoy the match though.

But that Usos moment was huge, holy crap did I love that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, joseph2112 said:

This is why I basically love NJPW and, when it happened, All In. It's nothing super fancy and when there's a turn, like Gedo turning on Okada, White and Gedo joining BC, it makes sense. Hell, it's almost expected and it's expected because it's like that's what should happen.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, joseph2112 said:

Oh, nevermind about the vanilla icing. We know what you actually want better than you do, so we're replacing it with more chocolate icing. You're going to eat it and like it!

• Like 2

I understand why they had Charlotte win the belt since it puts more heat on her and gives the SDL women a direction after Becky leaves for Raw but they really are burning all their female talent to build that main event. It’s a really bad, short sighted habit they’ve developed (see: Braun burying most of the SDL team at Survivor Series for... a reason?). The fact they can’t book two women’s divisions at the same time shouldn’t be a shock to me and yet here I am.

The optimist in me hopes Asuka comes for her rematch after Mania and this turns into something good. But I honestly think they’re booking as far as the triple threat and that’s it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

I understand why they had Charlotte win the belt since it puts more heat on her and gives the SDL women a direction after Becky leaves for Raw but they really are burning all their female talent to build that main event. It’s a really bad, short sighted habit they’ve developed (see: Braun burying most of the SDL team at Survivor Series for... a reason?). The fact they can’t book two women’s divisions at the same time shouldn’t be a shock to me and yet here I am.

The optimist in me hopes Asuka comes for her rematch after Mania and this turns into something good. But I honestly think they’re booking as far as the triple threat and that’s it.

And that's the problem. Charlotte being SDL champ is fine in a vacuum. But if the WM main event fails to meet expectations, they've sacrificed the entire division for nothing. And if you're the other women, you can't feel confident that Vince or Triple H or whoever is booking you will course-correct. 

This is tokenism layered into misogyny, and it's disgusting.

• Like 1

Well, from all accounts, it's usually the least tenured writers who book the women, with obvious input from Vince and his ever changing whims.

I'm going to totally regret saying this and I'm going to knock on wood, but I think the chance that Becky, Charlotte, and Ronda don't deliver is close to 0%. It should be a fantastic match with a lot of drama and Becky winning would be them sticking the landing. Of course, anyone can have a bad night and this whole thing could turn into a botch fest riddled with bad booking or worse, over booking from multiple McMahons.

The worst case scenario has to be Vince stopping Becky from winning, to Shane then coming out to stop Ronda from winning, to Steph then coming out to stop Charlotte from winning (because who the fuck knows why), to Linda returning to stop Becky from winning and then Ronda ultimately wins. It's either that, or Becky turns heel and aligns herself with Vince to win the title because that worked so well the last time the company tried that.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Side Note - the fact that Joe hasn't choked out Rey's kid yet is stunning to me

They could be saving it for Monday during the Rey vs. Angle match but yeah before the tag Gauntlet was made I was sure Joe was choking out Rey's Kid after Cathy Kelly on wwe.com made mention of will Joe's downward spiral continue.