DVDVR Message Board

God Save The Queen - SDL - 3/26/2019

Dolfan in NYC

My gripes with the women's booking have already been covered in this thread and numerous others so there's not much I want to add. So are both titles going to be on the line or just Raw? If Becky takes the fall then does no one gain or lose a belt? I understand unifying the women's belts (and honestly you might be able to do the same thing with the men's tag titles) and having the champ be a journeyman, but there are much better ways to do it that don't involve treating Asuka like an afterthought.

Miz vs Shane is now no holds barred as well. I understand that's the only way they'll get anything watchable out of Shane and any match of his has to of course feature some sort of big bump. HHH/Batista is also NHB, and given the "multiman matches are automatically no DQ" rule that means both women's matches are theoretically no DQ as well.

1 minute ago, HumanChessgame said:

Miz vs Shane is now no holds barred as well. I understand that's the only way they'll get anything watchable out of Shane and any match of his has to of course feature some sort of big bump.

Shane/AJ was good and a normal match.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

I remember the first time I saw Xavier in NXT. I thought he was absolutely awful. He somehow transformed himself first into a great annoying mouthpiece heel and then from there into one of the best spitfire small babyfaces in years. I was at the Raw where they had to go through whoever to become the longest reigning tag champs of all time. This sort of had a similar feel to it. 

I enjoyed his team with Jay Lethal in TNA, I thought he was good in FCW teaming with Wes Brisco of all people. I think that NBA Jam type Wrestler vibe he had coming onto the main roster hindered him and his Performance especially as a singles. The New Day really gave him a chance to get better because he got to work with people like Tyson Kid and even Cena after they formed on top of them having creative freedom. All three of them are insanely good Kofi spent the early half of his run against the same mid card and lower mid card guys ofcourse your not gonna get tired of his matches. 

I love Asuka but honestly they haven't used her right on main roster and they obviously didn't have big plans for her going into WM. It put more heat on Charlotte though she's been great she doesn't need it. I see the bigger picture

11 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

My gripes with the women's booking have already been covered in this thread and numerous others so there's not much I want to add. So are both titles going to be on the line or just Raw? If Becky takes the fall then does no one gain or lose a belt? I understand unifying the women's belts (and honestly you might be able to do the same thing with the men's tag titles) and having the champ be a journeyman, but there are much better ways to do it that don't involve treating Asuka like an afterthought.

So far its just for the Raw belt. Given that SDL is going to Fox in October (and they've already been using Charlotte pretty heavily in their promotion thus far), I think unifying the belts at Mania would be a bad move, even though Becky is clearly going to beat Ronda for the title.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

It's almost like the women got the memo to act as disgruntled as possible.

Not gonna lie the idea of the NXT four finishing Mania with all the gold would be an iconic moment that will be shown in video packages for years and years which of course is a shame that's it come at the expense of others but that's wrestling. 

Now will there be some backlash? It's already started. If they're trying to insulate all the heat in Charlotte then they're doing a pretty good job of that, but there's always the possibility of fans ruining the fun by hijacking the match in favor of Asuka and the other girls.

There was a women's revolution, and Bayley, Sasha, Charlotte and Becky were always the chosen ones.

It’s stupid. Everyone gets a participation trophy.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Eivion said:

So is it possible her contract is ending and that is why this happened?

She's pretty prominently displayed on the ad for WWE's shows in Tokyo in June.  I figure once they decided that the women would close the show, Vince chose to "up the stakes" by adding the Smackdown title to the mix.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

You can't claim an evolution in women's wrestling if you legitimately destroy the division for one story and ultimately four participants. Why are the other women even on the roster? The women in the Fatal 4-Way didn't even get a chance to try. Maybe they do a story with all this, but it feels rotten in the now.

100% agree with this. Say what you will about them being heels, but the Riott Squad on Raw has been systematically buried. Sarah and Liv are basically treated like jokes and Ruby is barely treated with any amount of respect after her feud with Natty. She gets squashed by Ronda, gets beat by her again the next night, everyone says "well, wait and see, this may not be so bad for her," they're all given nothing to work with, and the topper was getting completely squashed by the only women that matter and I say that last part as a huge fan of Becky.

Then you get SDL where things just need to be shaken up and Charlotte beats an Asuka who herself beat Becky clean, was completely absent from SDL after that for 2 or 3 weeks, winds up in a feud with Mandy, and ultimately drops the title for who the fuck knows why to Charlotte. Meanwhile, anything built up or setup for Sonya, Mandy, and Naomi feels pretty well trashed.

So hell, 4 participants get screwed over? Try seven of them! Beyond that, you're left with Nikki doing who the fuck knows what, Mickey doing who the fuck knows what, Nia and Tamina looking downright embarrassing, Natty and Beth just kinda being there, and Bayley and Sasha defending tag titles that already feel meaningless.

I mean, it's fucking great and swell that Becky, Charlotte, and Ronda will be main eventing WM as they should, but did they really have to trash everything else to get there? The answer is simple - No.

• Like 11

Becky hugging Charlotte so they can both hold up a title and then Bayley and Sasha coming out too at the end of WM is retarded and stupid and makes no sense in the storyline where Becky supposedly hates Charlotte for being a line jumping heel who gets everything handed to her.

So of course it’ll likely happen that way.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1