DVDVR Message Board

EURO 2020

Liam

Southgate should be imprisoned for putting a teenager in that position. And throwing on subs to take pelanties. I feel bad for all three of them but in particular Saka. And the racial abuse coming for all three of them. ? fuck England.

Southgate should have to relive his own miss for the rest of time. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

Just now, Jiji said:

Southgate should be imprisoned for putting a teenager in that position. And throwing on subs to take pelanties. I feel bad for all three of them but in particular Saka. And the racial abuse coming for all three of them. ? fuck England. 

If they are lucky the press concentrates on the riots before the game.

Yeah, maybe some of the scumbag England fans (not all, by any means, the vast majority are great football fans but some...) will go out and rampage in their own cities because they lost a football match. 

That England team will be back, way too many good young players for them not to but, yeah, Italy's year. They deserved to win it.

Edited by Fuzzy Dunlop

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
11 minutes ago, The Natural said:

England and fucking penalties. Can we have a different method to settle it? Rock, Paper, Scissors?

A punch up between the managers.

31 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Southgate should have to relive his own miss for the rest of time. 

This was my first concern after the game. A lot less online abuse if Kane or Graelish had missed the final penalty. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

Yeah, maybe some of the scumbag England fans (not all, by any means, the vast majority are great football fans but some...) will go out and rampage in their own cities because they lost a football match. 

That England team will be back, way too many good young players for them not to but, yeah, Italy's year. They deserved to win it.

I saw on Twitter all the shops within I think 12 blocks had to be closed at the whistle, win or lose, for fear of happy celebrating or rioting. 

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

This was my first concern after the game. A lot less online abuse if Kane or Graelish had missed the final penalty. 

They're both mostly Irish.

33 minutes ago, AxB said:

They're both mostly Irish.

Like how Andy Murray was British when he won a major and Scottish when he lost?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Jiji said:

[...] I feel bad for all three of them but in particular Saka. And the racial abuse coming for all three of them. ? fuck England. 

I fear this is not just the English football fans. 

As for the subs, I will never understand subbing right at the end just for pks. I'd give them ten minutes at least. England did a lot right in the first half, but in the second it was mostly Italy with no relieve at all for extended periods of time.

In the end of the day, Southgate coached England into a position to win the European championship, but also made the mistakes to coach England out it. England was in good enough of a position to defend or extend the lead, and they looked amazing for the first 30-35 minutes, but than just sat back deeply, not pressuring the Azzurri too much... Maybe they had overpaced? 

Can't judge the extra time, didn't read about a lot of offensive moves on either side. 

Chiesa was really good for Italy in every game I saw. 

So there's this racist as fuck England fan on the internet who posted a racist as fuck tweet on the internet before deleting it but not before a bunch of people on the internet took a screenshot of it and about 3 seconds later starting tweeting his employers on the internet because said racist fuck had his full name, job title, employer and a convenient selfie posted on the internet and now his employers are looking into it and he could lose his job.

Point being, he's on the fucking internet. Not very bright these racist fucks. 

Some of the other stuff I've been hearing about since last night is just depressing too and it is, of course, only a small minority, the vast majority have come out in support of young lads who had the guts to step up and take a penalty.

I love football as much as the next guy but it is only football.

Edited by Fuzzy Dunlop
  • Like 3