DVDVR Message Board

EURO 2020

Liam

Now I am really pissed, the Ukraine had 20 good minutes against the Netherlands in the group stages; apparently they played bad against North Macedonia and they definitely played horribly against Austria and somehow they are now in the 1/4 finals.

While the collision was brutal, I had real trouble with the reasoning for the red card. Especially since the same type of situation didn't even get a ref check later on. I'm biased towards Sweden though, and I drank some Rum. 

England v Germany was an even match, which makes the loss sting more. The difference seemed that England took their chances, but that's a quality. The goals were worked very well!

So yeah, it was a deserved win in a close match. While I'd have preferred to go through, after all the years of heartbreak and hurt, but also lots of good work during the last few years the three lions deserved this. Good luck with the remaining games! 

Edited by ReiseReise
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, goitre3000 said:

When he hits puberty, Jordan Pickford's gonna be a hell of a goalkeeper.

The only person in the world to take a picture of Ilja Dragunov to the hairdressers. Other than Ilja himself, obviously.

• Haha 2

Toni Kroos just announced his retirement from the German national team on the verge of the elimination of the squad from the tournament. Still only 31 years old, all the best for him on Club level. 

Edit: Meanwhile Own Goal scores his 10th this EURO. 

Edited by ReiseReise

Good lord did the Swiss get way too cute with their PK's.  

Pick a side, kick as hard as you can.  The goalie has zero chance of stopping it unless: he guesses right, and you didn't kick hard enough (or miss entirely). 

• Like 3

Kicking hard to either side plus either keep the ball high or completely flat, not something like 0.5 m to 1.0 m above the ground - that is the zone where keepers have the best chance to save it.

Italy-Belgium was a good game that could have been a great game if it had a somewhat competent referee.

Edited by Robert s
  • Like 1

Congratulations to all the semi-finalists. Do England supporters finally accept that Southgate is doing a decent job? I heard there is/was quite some discussion surrounding him. 

Feel very happy about Denmark. I do think the fairy tale will end in Wembley though. 

Italy looked really great against Belgium for the most part. That Immobile spiel was a funny throwback to stereotypical Italian football. 

• Like 1

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

I refuse to get carried away about England, I REFUSE I TELL THEE! And yes Southgate is doing a good job.