DVDVR Message Board

G1 Supercard

Archibald

8 hours ago, EVA said:

That Elgin news is GLORIOUS.

About a year too late for my liking, but still.

According to Meltzer, New Japan would have him back anytime and this was more Elgin's decision.

Probably correct decision by Elgin then. While NJPW provided him "safe space" they wouldn't really push him and he'd stay in midcard or undercard forever. Now he has opportunity to rebuild himself somewhere and if it works out then NJPW would likely move him up the card.

• Like 2

I got into town from Japan last night and saw random folks all the way from JFK to my Airbnb in Newark (Jamaica Station, Penn Station, on the trains...) wearing NJPW merch, crazy. I see Los Ingos stuff all the time around Tokyo, but it’s wild seeing it in NYC.

On another note, a friend in my group going to this show has boned us at the last minute, leaving me stuck for a ticket. If anyone needs a single, feel free to PM me. (If I’m breaking any rules mentioning this here, please let me know and I’ll take this paragraph out right away.)

• Like 2

I live in semi-rural mid Michigan and I see the occasional Bullet Club shirt (and get too sweets when I wear my BC stuff) which really is kinda incredible to think about.

I think I see more New Japan merch than I do WWE.

Here in the Bay Area, I was wearing my LIJ shirt in a furniture store and a 25yo girl who worked there went out of her way to stop me and said “I was at the g1 special in San Francisco.” Last thing I was expecting to hear. Outside the dispensary with my lions mark shirt and a security guy says “oh yeah I was watching that guy Kenny omega last night. Thought he would never stop talking.” I was like oh right on. These aren’t tape trading die hard fans we’re talking about. Super cool to see.