DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 4/19/19

*Taped for Xplosion: Ethan Page & Josh Alexander def. Rich Swann & El Reverso when Page pinned Reverso
*Taped for Xplosion: Zachary Wentz def. Kongo Kong with a rollup

Impact Wrestling - Airing April 19, 2019 from Windsor, Ontario, Canada

*Fallah Bahh & Scarlett Bordeaux def. The Desi Hit Squad (Rohit Raju & Raj Singh w/ The Great Gama) after a double banzai drop.

*Dezmond Xavier (w/ Trey Miguel & Zachary Wentz) def. Moose with a rollup after help from the Rascalz.

*Madman Fulton def. Tommy Dreamer. After the match, Fulton looks to attack Dreamer but Willie Mack makes the save. Dave & Jake Crist run out to attack Mack until Rich Swann runs out for the save. Sami Callihan runs out behind and chokes Swann out with his bat. Fulton has Mack while Dave & Jake hold Swann and force him to watch as Callihan smashes Dreamer with the bat.

*Madison Rayne def. Taya Valkyrie with a rollup after Jordynne Grace distracted Taya.

*Brian Cage interrupts Don Callis & Josh Matthews and attacks Callis. Callis is screaming and pointing to the back. Cage heads to the back as Callis is then on the phone with someone, warning them.

*The Lucha Bros. (Pentagon Jr. & Fenix)(c) def. Eli Drake & Eddie Edwards to retain the tag team championships. After the match, the Lucha Bros brawl to the back with LAX while Eli turns on Eddie and beats him down with his kendo stick in the ring.

Edited by DreamBroken

Fallah Bahh hit a tope! 

I kind of figured they'd be keeping Scarlet Bordeaux far away from the Knockouts title, but I didn't think they'd do it by having her compete in the men's tag division. Seems to be working so far though.

Glad Dez beat Moose, but he took a hell of a beating on the way. Looks like this feud must continue, but I dunno who Moose's backup is going to be. Then we got the throwback match, which was actually pretty similar to this one. It was Gail Kim vs Awesome Kong no DQ. The Impact Zone was on fire for that one. If anyone wanted to make the case for 08-09 Impact being the prototype for NXT, this match would work as evidence.

Tessa Blanchard continues to appear legitimately intimidating, this time in a restaurant. For a second, I thought the guy playing restaurant manager was Chris Sabin.

All the people bitching in the main forum and WWE forum about how New York Womwn's division booking sacrifices the undercard to protect the main eventers, and here we have a division where everyone's over and everyone's protected. Madison Rayne beats Tessa and Taya back to back, but both losers are still over as unstoppable killers (and Jordynne Grace beat Madison for the PPV title shot, so she's over too; Then you have Su Yung and Rosemary who both have long unbeaten championship reigns, and Keira Hogan who's an underdog who can beat anyone at any time. It just works). 

The main event was pretty short, but it was all action. I think the idea was to have Eddie face Eli on the PPV, but they've fired Eli already, so hopefully whatever they shot for next week can work as a blow off.

All in all, another good show. And for some reason it's changing channel in the UK, from 5Spike to 5Star. Still not in HD, as far as I can tell.

• Like 3

Fallah/Scarlett made a fun team. Felt Moose/Dez was surprisingly the least of the Moose vs Rascalz series but still solid, Moose catching the flip dive and swinging Dez into the steps was cool. Madison and Taya had me hoping for more of a match between them but I guess it's something to save down the line after Madison's great match last week with Tessa. the Tessa restaurant promo ruled. Loved the Kross/Mack exchange in the back, good stuff. Main event a little disappointing and I'm sad to see the end of Eli & Eddie, a shame they won't get their PPV blowoff and I will definitely miss Eli. Lance Storm makes a cool addition, I dig all the bits of ECW sprinkled throughout the year but never taking away from the product as a whole, looking forward to RVD's return as well.

• Like 2

Someone in the chat called Fallah/Scarlett: The Diva and the Goliath which works and they were fun as a team. Rosemary beating the crap out of the Firefly was surprising. Tessa vs. Gail was been so well built up and the main event while short they use every second of the time they had to make it matter. 

Bound for Glory to WWE poaching Gail was the 1st true Women's Revolution on USA TV (Before that IWA-MS's division which led to SHIMMER) so many great matches in that time that are worth going back and watching. Still don't know how they mess up Roxxi's storyline after the head shaving because that was a money angle and the crowd was super behind her. 

• Like 3

WTF was with Sami's non wrestling gear? He looks like a bro that's past his expiration date. But he's always great in his role. I also felt the other Moose/Rascalz matches were better but at least the steps spot was cool. The Rosemary potential turn should be fun to see develop.

@AxB has a good point, while the highs of the WWE women's division has been better than Impact's week to week they're way better. I think in general Impact makes better use of their roster than WWE or ROH.

• Like 1

I enjoyed Dez / Moose and Scarlett Bah, Lance Storm’s cameo was good but the rest of this show was very meh.

I am maybe the boats biggest Cody Deaner fan, but those promos are really irritating. 

Generally, the way Impact tapes they seem to have 1-2 of these episodes where it’s way slower than the rest.  

That said, Fallah Bah is one of my favorite wrestling things. He is outstanding.  Such a fun babyface

• Like 3