DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 4/12/19

Impact Wrestling - Airing April 12, 2019 from Windsor, Ontario, Canada

*Moose def. Zachary Wentz (w/ Dezmond Xavier & Trey Miguel) after the Spear

*Rosemary def. Su Yung (w/ the Undead Bridesmaids) via DQ when the Bridesmaids attacked Rosemary and Kiera Hogan, who had come out to try and stop them from interfering. After the match, Su lays out Rosemary and Kiera.

*The North (Ethan Page & Josh Alexander) def. El Reverso & Sheldon Jean

*Madison Rayne def. Tessa Blanchard with a rollup after Gail Kim stopped Tessa from using a steel chair.

*Johnny Impact & Taya Valkyrie def. Brian Cage & Jordynne Grace after referee John E Bravo turned heel and helped Johnny cheat to win.

Edited by DreamBroken

When you've had someone in a title feud, usually the way you move them out of a title picture is by having them go for revenge against whoever prevented them from winning the belt (or who they irrationally blame, if they're a heel). But Moose was a part of the world title feud, and then when Johnny turned heel he just randomly abandoned his title quest so he could fuck with the Rascalz.

They announced Su Yung as the winner. By count out, presumably. 

Ethan Page finally has something to do. His partner seems to be the more talented one of the team though. Considering this was a debut for the team, it was more competitive than most squashes. Not sure about that team name though. Going to be interesting how they fit in with the Tag Title scene, because they're both heavyweights, and all of Impact's teams are smaller guys.

The archive match was a bit of a deep dive. Knockouts title, Taylor Wilde (w/ Rhyno) vs Angelina Love (w/ Velvet Sky & Cute Kip) with Knockouts Law Tracy Brroks at ringside. Did Taylor Wilde train with Kenny Omega? Because they both do that thing with their arms before they start to run the ropes.

Madison vs Tessa might have been the most physical match of Madison's life. But if she came back from RoH because she wanted to have good matches with good opponents, mission accomplished. Either Josh Matthews is a better actor than I thought, or he was legitimately afraid of Tessa at the end there.

Two Deaners promos? Someone likes the gimmick. That Eeeeeee-heee catchphrase is going to get a bit grating, I reckon.

Is that Johnny Impact entrance video new, or had I not seen it before? Makes him look like he's TNA's version of Miz. Only fifty times the athlete Miz is.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 2

Super fun show that flew by. Moose/Wentz was another very good big vs little match like the one with Trey was. Wentz comeback/hope spots were good stuff and Moose rules.

the Rosemary/Su outcome was bizarre. The ref calls to ring the bell waving his arms as soon as the bridesmaids hit Rosemary, Josh suggests the match is thrown out ruled a no contest, but then of course the ring announcer announces Su as the winner while she's leaving which I assumed was because her music played.. Enjoyable brief match while it lasted though.

Thought Madison/Tessa was really awesome, great match. Both shined here and the Tessa/Gail feud continues to heat up. Loved Tessa always going back to Gail, taunting her or giving her looks. Also Tessa busting out the slingshot suplex was the best. Thought the North also looked great in their tag team debut, some killer double teams and the local talent actually looked pretty good themselves. Main event was solid with a fun closing angle, liked how Don & Josh immediately started calling into question any match that he had reffed previously. Bravo being more overly enthusiastic about it than Johnny & Taya made me wonder if it'll be a long term thing or not. That was a new tron video for Johnny. Welcome to Johnnywood!

Liked the main and the opener, the rest was just there for me.

As AxB that’s Deaner “eeeeeeee” is going to get super annoying super quick.

Its the first time I’ve seen Alexander and he looks good. Is the headwear a gimmick or does he wear it for a reason?  Him and Page had a few slight miscues but I think they will do pretty well, Impact seems to be high on them.

I feel like this was one of those shows they have every set of tapings where it just goes a bit flat.

Looking forward to Scarlett & Fallah teaming next week.

25 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Is the headwear a gimmick or does he wear it for a reason?

He's said in the past he started wearing it after getting accidentally punched in the ear by Michael Elgin.

• Like 1

Yeah in AIW or AAW I believe it happened. Under the helmet he has Cauliflower Ears in fact in one promo years ago he cut an intense promo while the object he was using to drain said ear was still in his ear. 

Madison hadn't been in a match that stiff since the 4 way at ALL IN. 

Moose's robe was fantastic. I know some of the folks here aren't fans of them but I dig the Rascals. I just assume that like Eli after he lost the title, they want to keep Moose on TV but didn't really have a plan.

The matching bandannas for Johnny and Taya were great.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

Moose's robe was fantastic. I know some of the folks here aren't fans of them but I dig the Rascals. I just assume that like Eli after he lost the title, they want to keep Moose on TV but didn't really have a plan.

The matching bandannas for Johnny and Taya were great.

I'm the other Rascals fan on this board.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

No, there's at least three of us. I think it's more that somebody (I think just one person) really hates the gimmick, also doesn't care for the current small guy spotfest style, and has talked about disliking them more than once, thus creating a misleading impression of board negativity in general.

• Like 2

4 rascalz fans. Then again it does seem to be the same group of us that post in the weekly Impact threads that seem to like the rascalz.

What I will say though, is that for the longest time I never understood there promos were a “that 70’s show” rip off.  I’m not sure I like the promos yet but at least I get what they are going for now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

4 rascalz fans. Then again it does seem to be the same group of us that post in the weekly Impact threads that seem to like the rascalz.

What I will say though, is that for the longest time I never understood there promos were a “that 70’s show” rip off.  I’m not sure I like the promos yet but at least I get what they are going for now.

Longtime Impact fans have That 70's Show burned into their brains after the Live POP episode had issues so you got 90 straight mins of That 70's Show commercials and I'm pretty sure Schitt's Creek since Hollywood Darlings hadn't started yet. 

• Haha 3