DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 4/5/19

Impact Wrestling - Airing April 5, 2019 from Windsor, Ontario, Canada

*Petey Williams def. Ace Austin, Aiden Prince, Jake Crist, Idris Abraham, & Trey Miguel in a 6 man scramble via pinfall on Jake.

*oVe (Sami Callihan & Madman Fulton) def. Rich Swann & Willie Mack when Callihan pinned Swann after the Piledriver. After the match, oVe continue to attack until Tommy Dreamer runs out with a steel chair for the save.

*Jordynne Grace def. Madison Rayne to again become #1 contender to the knockouts championship at Rebellion. After the match, Taya Valkyrie attacks Jordynne. Johnny Impact comes out to join in until Brian Cage runs out for the save.

*Rohit Raju (w/ Raj Singh & The Great Gama) def. Fallah Bahh via pinfall with feet on ropes. After the match, the Desi Hit Squad look to attack Fallah but Scarlett Bordeaux comes out to distract them, allowing Fallah to recover and take them out.

*Eli Drake & Eddie Edwards def. LAX (Ortiz & Santana) to become #1 contenders to the tag team championships after the Lucha Bros interfered to cost LAX.

Edited by DreamBroken

• 2 weeks later...

Cody Deaner? Cody flipping Deaner? I had no idea he was even still wrestling. He was last in TNA what, ten years ago? More? I mean, last week's classic match was Beer Money vs Lethal Consequences from 2009, and Cody Deaner seems like he was from well before then.

Felt a bit odd that this was Madman Fulton's company debut, and right after he tags in for the first time, they go to commercial. Is he super clumsy or something? Clean shaven Rich Swann doesn't look himself at all. Especially when the first time they went to a close up of him, he was pulling a R-Truth face. I'd never have said they resembled one another before seeing that.

Whoever reported the spoilers should have said Petey hit a Canadian Destroyer from the middle rope. That's onr way of one-upping everyone who's stolen it. Although nothing like as impressive/ dangerous as the Teddy Hart/ DBS jr version.

Fallah Bahh back to singles... we'll see. He started out in a tags with that Croatian guy, then went singles but did nothing until the KM feud, which turned into a tag team. So who knows how he'll be from now on.

The main event was actually a pretty good match. But considering this show is airing on the Friday of Mania weekend, going head to head with all these online PPVs and indie streams, most likely nobody's going to watch it until like next Wednesday.

• Like 1

Pretty good show overall. Loved the Super Canadian Destroyer as well. Thought Madison Rayne looked very good in her return, great to have her back to her Killer Queen theme again this time around, only wish she won the match. Did get a laugh out of her saying she had been somewhere worse than the Undead Realm all this time. Along with Johnny threatening to "stossel" Rolando.   KM being apparently gone from the company without explanation (even though he and Fallah worked the United We Stand preshow just last night) but having it just implied by commentary was rather odd with Callis remarking that Fallah looked like he'd "lost about 280 lbs of dead weight". Always thought they were a great act together. I think it was also implied that Kevin Sullivan is Rosemary's father.  Fun main event, been enjoying the Eli/Eddie team a lot.

Edited by DreamBroken

Watched Takeover live so I joined as Taya was making Grace vs. Rayne so I missed the 6 way match. I thought Grace vs. Rayne was the best match that I saw on the show and the main event would have surpassed it with more time. Surprisingly 5 thousand were watching it which seems to be about the average most weeks so not a huge drop off that I thought might happen. Bonus match after the show was Taya vs. Tessa from Homecoming. 

On 4/5/2019 at 8:12 PM, AxB said:

Cody Deaner? Cody flipping Deaner? I had no idea he was even still wrestling. He was last in TNA what, ten years ago? More? I mean, last week's classic match was Beer Money vs Lethal Consequences from 2009, and Cody Deaner seems like he was from well before then.

Felt a bit odd that this was Madman Fulton's company debut, and right after he tags in for the first time, they go to commercial. Is he super clumsy or something? Clean shaven Rich Swann doesn't look himself at all. Especially when the first time they went to a close up of him, he was pulling a R-Truth face. I'd never have said they resembled one another before seeing that.

Whoever reported the spoilers should have said Petey hit a Canadian Destroyer from the middle rope. That's onr way of one-upping everyone who's stolen it. Although nothing like as impressive/ dangerous as the Teddy Hart/ DBS jr version.

Fallah Bahh back to singles... we'll see. He started out in a tags with that Croatian guy, then went singles but did nothing until the KM feud, which turned into a tag team. So who knows how he'll be from now on.

The main event was actually a pretty good match. But considering this show is airing on the Friday of Mania weekend, going head to head with all these online PPVs and indie streams, most likely nobody's going to watch it until like next Wednesday.

Pretty much. I plan to watch it after NXT and after MLW Battle Riot II, which I started tonight.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie