DVDVR Message Board

NFL Week 6: The Largest Spread in NFL history

SirFozzie

Who am I to doubt El Brady?

Certainly not a ref.

Posted Image

The refs throughout are a major reason that I don't think the Saints really worry about this one.  Should have been way out of reach of the Pats by the time it came to this, but those bullshit calls were insurmountable.  A former coworker of mine and a diehard Pats fan told me that the Pats didn't deserve the win because of the refs (mind you, he was probably being nice and freaking the fuck out in his living room).  Sure, the moronic prevent playcalling didn't help things either, but hopefully Payton can see that that was a disaster before he tries it with SF or Seattle in a game that matters.  I hate that they had to lose like this, but I don't see of a better game on the schedule to have lost. 

That said, I kind of like the Pats riding high in the AFC, so good for them.  Someone's gotta fuck up Denver, after all.

Matt Flynn may be the luckiest guy since the NFL started throwing millions at players. I think he only had one good game and that was like forever ago and still made so much more money than most Americans combined.

Mark Sanchez too, but at least we got to witness his castration. That's so much fun. The smug bastard.

CBS finally found a way to make Phil Simms bearable: Put Bill Cowher in the booth to constantly cut him off and condescendingly correct all the dumb stuff he says. I don't know where the heat between them comes from - I remember there were rumors the Steelers wanted to bring Simms in after he was cut by the Giants but only if he agreed to back-up Slash - but it was highly enjoyable listening to Cowher verbally pancake Simms at every opportunity. 

I don't know if the other guest commentators were as much fun but I dearly hope Deadspin or the Awful Announce guys DVR'd the game just so we eventually get a compilation of the smackdown. I know the legions who can't stand Simms/Nantz will appreciate it.

Mark Sanchez too, but at least we got to witness his castration. That's so much fun. The smug bastard.

Posted Image

You used that to castrate him? Cold blooded.

Posted Image

You used that to castrate him? Cold blooded.

For Sanchez, I agree. . .For Rex Ryan? Its too good for him.

Rob Johnson got a huge contract from the Bills after one good game with the Jags. The fucker also has a ring because he was a backup on Tampa's team when they won it.

Is Rob still the most hated Buffalo Bill in the team history? Or has one of the more recent rogue's gallery of QBs or coaches surpassed that?

Flynn is approaching Alexei Yashin levels of heroism now for the amount of money he's pulled in to not play.

Until Flynn lands a still-hot-but-no-longer-truly-a supermodel, a la Carol Alt, he ain't up to Yashin's level :)

I generally side with players in their disputes against management but when Yashin sat out the last year of his Ottawa contract, then tried to claim he was a free agent, only to get pwned by a court, I was very happy for management.  Listening to Alt on Howard Stern's show trying to defend Yashin was all kinds of hilarious.

Rob Johnson got a huge contract from the Bills after one good game with the Jags. The fucker also has a ring because he was a backup on Tampa's team when they won it.

Is Rob still the most hated Buffalo Bill in the team history? Or has one of the more recent rogue's gallery of QBs or coaches surpassed that?

Well there is OJ, but he shouldn't count.  Speaking for myself, I loathe Chan, Jauron, Malarkey and fuckin Wanstandt more. Shitzpatrick and the gallery of clowns that have been here for the past decade too. Oh yeah and Ralph Wilson himself for changing the best uni's in sports to the shade of ugly-as-fuck for a decade too.

Well there is OJ, but he shouldn't count.  Speaking for myself, I loathe Chan, Jauron, Malarkey and fuckin Wanstandt more. Shitzpatrick and the gallery of clowns that have been here for the past decade too. Oh yeah and Ralph Wilson himself for changing the best uni's in sports to the shade of ugly-as-fuck for a decade too.

Colts-Chargers tonight from the third ugliest stadium to watch in the league, trailing only the raiders and rams. . .

Flynn is approaching Alexei Yashin levels of heroism now for the amount of money he's pulled in to not play.

Until Flynn lands a still-hot-but-no-longer-truly-a supermodel, a la Carol Alt, he ain't up to Yashin's level :)

I generally side with players in their disputes against management but when Yashin sat out the last year of his Ottawa contract, then tried to claim he was a free agent, only to get pwned by a court, I was very happy for management.  Listening to Alt on Howard Stern's show trying to defend Yashin was all kinds of hilarious.

This woman is his wife, I guess, she'll get there eventually.

Posted Image

• Like 1