DVDVR Message Board

NFL Week 6: The Largest Spread in NFL history

SirFozzie

I'm not used to winning games the normal way.  A good offense that avoids mistakes and a mediocre (at best) defense.  What the hell is this?

Cutler looked great and he made Marshall happy so that's something.  At least we have 10 days to get Tillman healthy.

That's not how the curse works. Eli is only great in January and Peyton is only awful In January. Eli's curse is longer but more rewarding, where Peyton's is shorter but more consistent. Right now, we have reached some sort of peak for the two of them. Would you rather be Eli, giving up to the steady pain right now, or Peyton, with so much quick, vicious misery on the horizon?

The football = the best pro wrestling part of my brain says this should end with Welker ripping off his Broncos jersey during the War Games match in the playoffs only to reveal the Pats jersey, then hugging a smiling, waving to the crowd Tom Brady, Gronkowski running around doing a football helmet headbutt to keep everyone else at bay, while Denver fans pelt the field with garbage.

I would be the best NFL commissioner ever.

Back from the show...what did I miss?

*Jae scrolls through thread....*

Oh yeah...

Oh baby.

Oh yes.

yes. yes yes yes

yes

YES C'mooooooon

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted Image

I'M FINISHED.

Back from the show...what did I miss?

*Jae scrolls through thread....*

Oh yeah...

Oh baby.

Oh yes.

yes. yes yes yes

yes

YES C'mooooooon

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted Image

I'M FINISHED.

He didn't get a concussion right? So I'm morally okay to laugh like hell at this?

When the giants take bridgewater number 1(the jag-offs will find some way to fuck it up) Eli will be a newer, worse version of Montana.. . . Dear God, THE BILLS ARE GOING TO TRADE FOR HIS FOOTBALL CORPSE. . .wait we have EJ. . . the Browns then. . .

I don't know what I love most about that pic: the stat, the stoned expression, or the balls Eli has to wear that captain logo. If your one of his teammates, you should pull a "Scott Hall to Disco Inferno" chest slap.

Totally noob question coming (dont throw things, Im Australian!) -Is it worth holding the Texans in Houston? Would they have more value in LA/Vegas/Toronto/Mexico City?I only ask because they havent been around all that long and they just dont seem to be embraced by the fans or medie in any way. They dont have the point and laugh feelings of a JAX or Browns... They are just, kinda there....

The Texans have sold out every single game in Houston for their entire tenure. They're one of the top ten most valuable franchises in all of sports. They are the biggest deal in sports in Houston. The Astros and Rockets can only hope to get the attention the Texans attract. Remember, there's no big college teams in Houston, so the only real football is the Texans. And, the Texans are embraced in the city. JJ Watt is a folk hero here, and even though they hurt us all the time, we always come back. Even though Matt Schaub is throwing that fifth pick six in five games, we'll all watch the next week.
Told ya it was a noob question hahaIts nice to get this sort of info though. From the coverage we get through Fox and ESPN you would think that Houston are just 'there' as far as teams go.Thanks for clearing it up.

Totally noob question coming (dont throw things, Im Australian!) -Is it worth holding the Texans in Houston? Would they have more value in LA/Vegas/Toronto/Mexico City?I only ask because they havent been around all that long and they just dont seem to be embraced by the fans or medie in any way. They dont have the point and laugh feelings of a JAX or Browns... They are just, kinda there....

The Texans have sold out every single game in Houston for their entire tenure. They're one of the top ten most valuable franchises in all of sports. They are the biggest deal in sports in Houston. The Astros and Rockets can only hope to get the attention the Texans attract. Remember, there's no big college teams in Houston, so the only real football is the Texans.And, the Texans are embraced in the city. JJ Watt is a folk hero here, and even though they hurt us all the time, we always come back. Even though Matt Schaub is throwing that fifth pick six in five games, we'll all watch the next week.
Told ya it was a noob question hahaIts nice to get this sort of info though. From the coverage we get through Fox and ESPN you would think that Houston are just 'there' as far as teams go.'Thanks for clearing it up.

Well as far as media coverage goes, they are; its not a matter of market size sometimes, unless your on one of the coasts, especially the East, you tend to be ignored by the 4 letter.  Dallas and other traditionally good teams tend to be exceptions, and plucky 'underdog' teams like the Browns will come and go. . . .

It is surprising he went back to practice after something like that. I can't imagine how he's dealing with that mentally. Perhaps he's going to be okay. Critical doesn't mean life threatening in medical jargon necessarily.

It's been reported that it's not his kid, but I'm not sure who's reporting what or who is right.

Either way its a tragedy. . .they ought to be the scumbag in general population and "accidentally" let it slip what he did. Save his life, but let him know what a beating feels like. . .