DVDVR Message Board

NFL Week 6: The Largest Spread in NFL history

SirFozzie

I'm glad my fantasy opponent has decided to bench Marshall this week. Now I need Forte to step his damn game up. Two picks for Eli, is his starting job safe this year no matter what?

Yes - they aren't going to start Curtis Painter.Its possible he would be shitty enough to get benched during a game but not to miss a start

Don't the Texans still owe him a shit ton of money? 

After this season, Matt Schaub will have received all of his guaranteed money.  If they cut him, they just have the rest of his pro-rated bonus to pay out, which comes out to $7M or thereabouts.  I don't remember my cap shenanigans that well; can't they split that out over a few years?  If so, it makes it pretty negligible.  

Eliiiiiiiiiiiiiii...... It's almost like it was written about him, sadly it's not.

Eli, Eli, you can't tell left from rightEli, Eli, your eyes are black and whiteWhy, why, why, why do you smile at me?Oh, why do you smile at me?I've been so cruel, mother of mineI've been so cruel to youSo, why do you smile at me?I've been away for as long as snowI've been missing for yearsSo, why do you smile at me?Why do you smile at me?Why do you smile?Been away for as long as snowI've been missing for yearsLooking for the son of mineHe's been looking for your fearsWhy, why, why do you leave me far behind?Why, why, why do you leave me here to die?Why do you smile at me?Why do you smile?

It's just me being silly. His team has beaten mine the last few years. Hell, they'll probably end up blowing mine out this year again knowing their luck. I half expect the Giants to win every remaining game just to spite me.