DVDVR Message Board

NFL Week 6: The Largest Spread in NFL history

SirFozzie

Well, Bills-Bengals probably won't sell out, which means I'll only be subjected to listening to the horror instead of having to watch it.

It might be the earliest blackout in Bills history too. We usually have to wait until around week 10 before those start.

Owen Daniels is all but done for the season, he's out at least 8 weeks with the pseudo-IR designation.  So that's one less guy for Schaub to throw to.

And Mark Sanchez is probably done as a New York Jet.  He's had season-ending surgery and since Geno hasn't looked abjectly awful since Week 2...

Posted Image

The best thing Sanchez ever did as a Jet (besides going to 2 AFC championship games) was eat a hot dog on the sidelines.  The guy has zero fire.  He throws a pick 6 and walks back to the bench shrugging with a face that says "Oh well!".  If Tom Brady throws an incomplete pass he goes ballistic.  No fire and no passion in Sanchez.  

Owen Daniels is all but done for the season, he's out at least 8 weeks with the pseudo-IR designation.  So that's one less guy for Schaub to throw to.

And Mark Sanchez is probably done as a New York Jet.  He's had season-ending surgery and since Geno hasn't looked abjectly awful since Week 2...

Posted Image

You were on a boat for week 4. Might have been worse than week 2.

Kurtie Lawful made his way to Schaub's house, it seems. Seriously though, that's messed up. Damn weirdos. :(

It wasn't me. As much grief I give Schaub, I can't even begin to understand this. Texans fans are pretty embarrassing; they booed a 12-4 team last year, they leave early, get into fights during tailgates.A lot of the "fans" appeared in the last two years. There's the die hards who've been around since the david Carr days, and then there's the relapsed Vince Young fans.Owen Daniels' injury is a 4-8 week recovery, but he was put on IR to return, so he's out 8 weeks. Might mean Schaub will throw to Hopkins for once.

Kurtie Lawful made his way to Schaub's house, it seems. Seriously though, that's messed up. Damn weirdos. :(

It wasn't me. As much grief I give Schaub, I can't even begin to understand this. Texans fans are pretty embarrassing; they booed a 12-4 team last year, they leave early, get into fights during tailgates.A lot of the "fans" appeared in the last two years. There's the die hards who've been around since the david Carr days, and then there's the relapsed Vince Young fans.Owen Daniels' injury is a 4-8 week recovery, but he was put on IR to return, so he's out 8 weeks. Might mean Schaub will throw to Hopkins for once.
I've always heard Houston has more Titans fans than Texans fans. Is this still true?Also, Philly fans never did this to their QB. Holy shit.

I've always heard Houston has more Titans fans than Texans fans. Is this still true?Also, Philly fans never did this to their QB. Holy shit.
Vince Young is a god in Houston. Houston High School legend, national champion at Texas. Passing over him (rightfully) in the 2006 draft was an unforgivable mistake. Tons of fans chose the Titans over the Texans, especially when the Texans stunk. Its better now, but I'm guessing they'll turn into Colts fans now, since Andrew Luck's dad has Houston ties.

Hey look, the Raiders are probably going to sign David Carr...

David Carr is the poster child for "careers ruined by bad teams and bad coaching staffs".  Quite possibly the best college QB I've ever seen, goes to Houston and has his career destroyed by having to run for his life on every snap.

David Carr is the poster child for "careers ruined by bad teams and bad coaching staffs".  Quite possibly the best college QB I've ever seen, goes to Houston and has his career destroyed by having to run for his life on every snap.

Fortunately for Carr the Raiders' coaching staff is famous for resurrecting the careers of guys on the scrap heap and giving them new life and helping them shine and become the stars nobody any longer thought pos---

oh, wait, it's not 1980 anymore? 

Darn.

Nevermind.

Well, Carr can hardly be worse than Flynn looked, the next time Pryor invariably gets concussed.

If for no other reason than Carr will be much cheaper than Flynn.

Hey look, the Raiders are probably going to sign David Carr... David Carr is the poster child for "careers ruined by bad teams and bad coaching staffs".  Quite possibly the best college QB I've ever seen, goes to Houston and has his career destroyed by having to run for his life on every snap.

Taking the mantle from Archie Manning?

This is only semi-true.  David Carr came to the Texans with a virtually non-existent work ethic and a "Stage Dad" that constantly hovered over his son and more or less didn't allow any coaching to stick.  Carr spent more time working on his hair than watching film.  His basic refusal to watch film with the coaches led to the construction of a film room in Carr's house so maybe he'd actually watch film there.  Carr also had bad mechanics (he only threw side-arm) that he never bothered to correct or develop.  

That and, yeah, he was running for his life after the Boselli expansion draft failed; although, that was a package deal: if the Texans took Boselli and his contract, the Jags will leave Gary Walker and Seth Payne unprotected.  So, the Texans got a nothing for the O-line and two of their best defensive players in that draft.  The early year Texans had decent defenses (coached by Vic Fangio, now with the 49ers).  

I'm amazed at the reverence some people hold college football in. Like I refuse to believe there's anyone in Canada that still waxes poetic about what amazing junior careers Gilbert Brule and Alexander Daigle had and how they were just mishandled. But with US college football it is nearly an annual occurrence it becomes the line on someone's life story.

Totally noob question coming (dont throw things, Im Australian!) -Is it worth holding the Texans in Houston? Would they have more value in LA/Vegas/Toronto/Mexico City?

I only ask because they havent been around all that long and they just dont seem to be embraced by the fans or medie in any way. They dont have the point and laugh feelings of a JAX or Browns... They are just, kinda there....