DVDVR Message Board

NFL Week 6: The Largest Spread in NFL history

SirFozzie

Three NFL matches in london next yearJax atl and oak are home teams

Erm, yay! (or something)

I've been to a lot of them, but at this point I'm happier with GamePass on my TV*.  NFL Europe/a had a better in stadium atmosphere than fans of 32 teams trying to prove themselves the most "respectful" and all that faff.

*unless it's the Patriots again, in which case I'll stump up.

I'll be honest. This talk about moving Jacksonville to LA doesn't make much sense to me. How would moving to Los Angeles improve the Jaguars? Yes the Browns moving to Baltimore and becoming the Ravens did give them two Super Bowl titles and the same for the Rams when they moved to St Louis. The Rams and the Raiders weren't exactly doing too hot in LA until they actually moved out of LA. Is the change in scenery going to change the Jaguars any in Los Angeles? Its a conflicting situation because Los Angeles itself hasn't proven that they can be a winning city, for the NFL that is. Yet, changing cities has proven winning teams. The only people benefiting out of this would be the NFL because a bigger market would make bigger money for NFL. Am I making any sense out of this because my blood sugar is really low right now and I need to find something to eat .

I haven't watched the Jags at all this year, but is there any chance that they will get desperate enough to try to play Denard Robinson at QB any time this season. I mean I watched all of the Wolverines games last year I know the guy does not look like a NFL QB, hell I heard the local news media say he was a less accurate Tim Tebow. But a part of me wants to see him play QB in the NFL just to see how it goes how much worse could it be than Joe Webb's performance in the playoffs? And that's the reason I want to see it because it could be worse than that and that would be a sight to see. Of course there is the other possibility that he could work out and help the team win a game which would be less fun for non-Jaguar fans.

The Jags to LA thing is that if a team was going to move - Jacksonville is the most likely candidate.

You used to be able to make the same statement with Minnesota but they worked out a stadium deal.

The Rams could return cuz they are fighting with St. Louis over the Dome and lease agreement. Jerry Richardson has thrown out hints about the Panthers moving but he is old and crazy.

This is my long way of saying that any team moving wont mean they will get better but some of them - specifically Jacksonville - would move to a better market and a place free agents would much want to go to.

I'll be honest. This talk about moving Jacksonville to LA doesn't make much sense to me. How would moving to Los Angeles improve the Jaguars? Yes the Browns moving to Baltimore and becoming the Ravens did give them two Super Bowl titles and the same for the Rams when they moved to St Louis. The Rams and the Raiders weren't exactly doing too hot in LA until they actually moved out of LA. Is the change in scenery going to change the Jaguars any in Los Angeles? Its a conflicting situation because Los Angeles itself hasn't proven that they can be a winning city, for the NFL that is. Yet, changing cities has proven winning teams. The only people benefiting out of this would be the NFL because a bigger market would make bigger money for NFL. Am I making any sense out of this because my blood sugar is really low right now and I need to find something to eat .

Because you can swap the LA Jags with the Stl Rams so that the Stl Rams are no longer in the NFL West yet east of Dallas
  • Like 1

Three NFL matches in london next yearJax atl and oak are home teams

All of my vomit.

Seriously thinking about picking the Bengals in my survivor pool this week. But it would be the most Bengals thing ever for them to kick the shit out of the Patriots and then go and lose to Jeff Tuel in Buffalo, so I am wary.

From the "Stop Overcompensating" Department During yesterday's game Lions C Dominic Raiola called the U of Wisconsin band fags and said he was going to stick a trombone up a girl.

"One time, at Lambeau, ..."

Raiola's agent and/or the Detroit Lions PR Department has apologized to the UW band and he will be fined make a voluntary donation to the band.   He has previously 'made donations' of $7500 & $15000 for other stupid things he's said.

1. There's no way Kubiak is going to start Matt Schaub again after last week's debacle.  Four games, four pick sixes.  Never been done!  Kubiak is NOT going to start Schaub.

2. I am so mad.  Kubiak just said Matt Schaub is his starting quarterback!  I'm so angry I'm going to burn a jersey.  No, not my JJ Watt one.  Yeah, that old #90. 

3. Well, if only Schaub will fuck up early and they'll have to put Yates or Keenum in early. Maybe if I wish hard enough, Schaub gets stuffed in a locker by Cushing and JJ.  Maybe if I pray hard enough, Schaub will magically get better ...

4.  OH GOD.  Schaub is going to start on Sunday.  F my life.  My entire football season ruined.  Everything sucks.  Turn out the lights, there's no reason to even watch.

5.  Well, I guess I'll go support my Texans ... that's what I do, even if I'm the only one ...

• Like 8

It was a fantastic documentary. It features an appearance from Chris Nowinski. I feel dirty for enjoying the game so much. Roger Goodell is a piece of shit

I remember watching that 49ers and Cardinals game when Young took that hit. I thought he was dead. It was real scary.

I'm about 2/3 of the way through it and the guys repping the NFL that bothered to even talk to them come off like such tools. Blatantly obvious agendas and just dismissing anyone that's not them. Going into a scientific concept pretty much intending to make sure it's not proven no matter what. No independent voice on their side. No oversight of anything. Just good ol' boys trying to protect the boss under the guise of research. I liked how smashing you in the head as a boxer causes CTE, but obviously not football. There's no logical reason behind saying that. I've always been aware of how bad impacts to the head would be regardless of the cause of it, but the willful and intentional denial is rather pathetic and jarring.

Uh oh.

Posted Image

Yeah, the last thing I'd want is an endorsement from the Daily News, with regard to pretty much anything.

1. There's no way Kubiak is going to start Matt Schaub again after last week's debacle.  Four games, four pick sixes.  Never been done!  Kubiak is NOT going to start Schaub.

2. I am so mad.  Kubiak just said Matt Schaub is his starting quarterback!  I'm so angry I'm going to burn a jersey.  No, not my JJ Watt one.  Yeah, that old #90. 

3. Well, if only Schaub will fuck up early and they'll have to put Yates or Keenum in early. Maybe if I wish hard enough, Schaub gets stuffed in a locker by Cushing and JJ.  Maybe if I pray hard enough, Schaub will magically get better ...

4.  OH GOD.  Schaub is going to start on Sunday.  F my life.  My entire football season ruined.  Everything sucks.  Turn out the lights, there's no reason to even watch.

5.  Well, I guess I'll go support my Texans ... that's what I do, even if I'm the only one ...

Do you honestly think T.J. Yates is an upgrade from Matt Schaub? Because he isn't.