DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2019

Dolfan in NYC

Guest Edwin

Forgot to post this the other day, but:

I legit got teary eyed near the end when he says he's said goodbye to everyone, but had to say goodbye to you and he walks up the Vicente Calderon's stairs.

Seriously, what a player. A true club icon. I hope he does well at Inter next season.

Also, its making the rounds in the Spanish media that Juanfran and Filipe Luís are leaving now, too. Which means Atleti have lost 4 of their top defenders -- Lucas who was primarily a LB who rotated with Filipe and who could also play at CB is going to Bayern for 80 M€, Godín was the club captain who played at CB is going to Inter, Juanfran was the starting RB and Filipe Luís who was the starting LB.

I have no idea who they sign as replacement, but there is rumors of Ajax LB Nico Tagliafico and Porto LB Alex Telles possibly coming as replacements which would both be quality young signings. At RB, all the club needs to sign is a back up as they already have young Colombian Santiago Arias they signed last season from PSV and who was great last season.

To make sure they are especially unlikable for me, @Pete and @Marcel

New England Revolution has named five-time MLS Cup winner Bruce Arena as coach and sporting director.

The appointment of the former United States men's national team coach comes after second-year head coach Brad Friedel and general manager Mike Burns were dismissed over the past week.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

To make sure they are especially unlikable for me, @Pete and @Marcel

Of all the stupid things Metro has done the fucking soda guy DeGramppe firing Arena was by far the dumbest.

OK, so if Watford win the FA cup, they're in the Europa league next season. But if Man City win, as seems likely, then Man United have to start playing Europa league qualifiers in like eight weeks time. Right in the middle of their pre-season tour of the far east. That could prove interesting, logistically.

17 hours ago, AxB said:

OK, so if Watford win the FA cup, they're in the Europa league next season. But if Man City win, as seems likely, then Man United have to start playing Europa league qualifiers in like eight weeks time. Right in the middle of their pre-season tour of the far east. That could prove interesting, logistically.

More interesting, Wolves would be back in Europe five years after toiling away in League One.

• Like 1

Cindy will be happy about this one since she always cracks up for the English pronunciation of "Derby."

"Oh, you're going into town for the DARBY?" ?

• Haha 2

Guest The Magnificent 7

I was hoping Leeds would do it. I don’t know if the defender ignored the keeper’s shout on that first goal or if the keeper didn’t shout, but that’s some awful stuff.  

@The Magnificent 7 can you please change your username to The Magnificent 8, and then after next season change it to The Magnificent 9, and then to The Magnificent 10 the season after that? But we could end up having to fend off a strong challenge from our Glasgow rivals.... The Jags.

• Like 1

Speaking of which, see how FSW got his name after losing a bet? What would Mag7's name have been if he'd won?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Speaking of which, see how FSW got his name after losing a bet? What would Mag7's name have been if he'd won?

Graham Souness Is God

Or

SuperCallyGoBalisticCelticAreAtrocious

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

I hope Derby win. Why?

D6npRBGWwAECach.jpg

John Fucking Terry. First class twat.

If the final goes to penalties they can have him take one and he'll end up sending it into row zed.

• Haha 1

Guest The Magnificent 7
On 5/15/2019 at 7:03 PM, sabremike said:

@The Magnificent 7 can you please change your username to The Magnificent 8, and then after next season change it to The Magnificent 9, and then to The Magnificent 10 the season after that? But we could end up having to fend off a strong challenge from our Glasgow rivals.... The Jags.

I like the idea, but I can’t even bring myself to change my avatar.