DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2019

Dolfan in NYC

Guest Edwin

Caught the highlights of the Manchester Derby and United's defense is still terrible, De Gea continues to prove he's exceedingly overrated and Bernardo Silva looked incredible on attack.

Liverpool should really have known better hoping for this Man United to get a result against that Man City.

Speaking as a United fan, any fan who was hoping Man United were beat at home by Man City to try and stop Liverpool winning the league is a fucking idiot.

Deadwood clearout in the summer, please Ole. K thanks.

Rightly or wrongly, Ole will be given more leeway from the fans than Moyes, Van Gaal or Mourinho were because of who he is but I completely understand a lot of the reservations about him, that being said he needs backing and more than one transfer window to at least try and get it right. It is what is, they probably couldn't not give him the job after the run they went on but the problems are deeper than the ocean at that club.

Edited by Fuzzy Dunlop
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, odessasteps said:

To the Saudi royal family. 

If that happened the Manchester Derby would basically become a proxy battle between blood drenched Middle Eastern governments attempting to buy legitimacy through sports. Would also be the point where I say "I'm outta here".

Up the Canaries! Sheffield will join them next weekend barring completely ludicrous circumstances involving a 13 goal swing between the Blades and Leeds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Up the Canaries! Sheffield will join them next weekend barring completely ludicrous circumstances involving a 13 goal swing between the Blades and Leeds.

Good on the Blades! Still remember how they got totally screwed in that ridiculous Tevez/Mascherano/West Ham fiasco where the Hammers should've ended up relegated after the points deductions.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sabremike said:

Good on the Blades! Still remember how they got totally screwed in that ridiculous Tevez/Mascherano/West Ham fiasco where the Hammers should've ended up relegated after the points deductions.

This. 

Weapons grade craziness at Elland Road today.

Leeds scored late by playing advantage while a Villa player was injured instead of stopping play. After much hubbub, Villa was allowed to score an uncontested goal. The resulting 1-1 draw means Sheffield United are officially promoted without kicking a ball.

Does nobody want 3rd place in the Premier League? Just looking back, none of those 4 teams have won a match in the past two weeks. That's 9 games without a win, 10 if Man Utd/Chelsea ends in a draw.

Bundesliga was somewhat weird. First, Dortmund lost their derby against Schalke aswell as two players. Bayern had a Chance to pull away to four points, but only drew away at Nuremberg, who even had the chance to beat the reigning champions, but a penalty in the 90th minute struck the post. It is a weird championship race... 

As the final weekend looms in the Championship, things are actually fairly sedate for the world's most exciting league. Promotion places are already sewn up for Norwich and Sheffield - the Blades have a slightly superior GD and could still pip the Canaries to the title, but that's more symbolic than the real prize of rejoining the Premier League.

In the playoff places, Leeds, WBA and Villa have sewn up their spots. The drama rests in 6th place, with Derby (the wife's second-favorite club) and Boro tied at 70 points. Derby enjoy a cushy +6 GD as they entertain WBA, who have basically nothing to play for as they're locked into the 3-4 bracket, while Boro venture off to already-relegated Rotherham. As you were, lads.

Well, and Leeds vs Derby because the whole spying issue, and Bielsa putting his whole Derby dossier in the public domain and that.

4 minutes ago, AxB said:

Well, and Leeds vs Derby because the whole spying issue, and Bielsa putting his whole Derby dossier in the public domain and that.

Yeah, I'm just hoping Derby doesnt get it, since I dont like Frank. ?

Guest Edwin

That Biesla goal situation has made major headlines in Argentina. From what I have seen and read, the country is split on it.