DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2019

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah, sorry to say it never felt like you were in any danger of winning. Nothing about your play seemed bad, just a lack of urgency, even after Jordy Hiwula gave us the lead. The needless red card just compounded matters. 

Hopefully you bounce back at the first attempt. I know our year in League 2 was the most fun I've had as a Cov fan, hope you guys get the same luck. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

Yeah, sorry to say it never felt like you were in any danger of winning. Nothing about your play seemed bad, just a lack of urgency, even after Jordy Hiwula gave us the lead. The needless red card just compounded matters. 

Hopefully you bounce back at the first attempt. I know our year in League 2 was the most fun I've had as a Cov fan, hope you guys get the same luck. 

Thought of you when I was at the WrestleCon Supershow and saw someone in a Coventry kit.

• Like 2

Speaking of life after relegation, I saw Ipswich Town fell through the Championship trap door last weekend. This will be their first stint in the third tier since 1957, which is completely bonkers. I don't have a ton of love lost for them after their fans mocked our relegation in 2001, but they have a long way back to the top now...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

Cheers, mate. Inevitable with the problems at Valley Parade. Frustrating as hell for the reasons I gave. This tweet also illustrates it:

I forgot to add Stuart McCall's sacking to my last post from the previous page. I was right set against that saying it was a stupid thing to do.

Edited by The Natural

1 minute ago, Oyaji said:

This is the worst man utd performance I've seen. And we are relying on them taking points from City in a few days. ??

Going on recent performances by both, Manchester United will get a right twatting.

On 4/21/2019 at 9:51 AM, Oyaji said:

This is the worst man utd performance I've seen. And we are relying on them taking points from City in a few days. ??

FWIW, I've heard more than a few United fans say they'd be happy with City beating them if it meant keeping the title away from Liverpool.

They are truly the Everton FC of Manchester now but one of my friends is a United supporter and he is truly conflicted. 

Edit: not to mention they need every point if they want to finish in the top 4.

Edited by Oyaji

37 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

They are truly the Everton FC of Manchester now but one of my friends is a United supporter and he is truly conflicted. 

Edit: not to mention they need every point if they want to finish in the top 4.

I think if Chelsea can win this match right now vs Burnley, it might put top 4 as a distant possiblity for United. 

3. Spurs 34 gp and 67p

4. Chelsea 35 gp and 67p

5. Arsenal 34 gp and 66p

6. Man Utd 34 gp and 64p

They have it all to play for even if it's technically out of their hands. The Guardian's football page's headline is talking about stars leaving should they miss out on Champions League football. As a Liverpool supporter, I remember these dark days well but I would think beating local rivals and giving themselves a chance at top 4 would be enough even if the bitterness is strong in some United supporters. 

It doesn't matter how keen or reluctant the fans are to win, if the players aren't up to snuff. Do you really see Smalling, Jones and De Gea keeping City from scoring? Do you see Man U's strikers getting the goals? Like, really?

Leeds! You are doing the imploding!

With two matches left in the Championship, Norwich (88 pts, GD +34) are all but up and Sheffield United (85 pts, GD +35) can join them by beating relegation-haunted Ipswich come the weekend. Leeds (82 pts, GD +24) need to win out and make up 10-11 goals in the process.

• Like 1

Norwich would be up already if they hadn't decided to start having every match end in a draw. They scored a late goal against Reading, and all the staff rushed the pitch to celebrate because they thought they'd secured not only promotion, but top spot. On current form, Sheffield United are finishing first. Dunno what's happened to Leeds. Hopefully they win the playoffs, because it looks like automatic promotion is gone, losing two in a row.