DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2019

Dolfan in NYC

Front cover of The Sun: Nicky Butt arrested for Assault following domestic abuse allegations.

Front cover of The Daily Star: Paul Scholes charged by the FA for breaching rules on betting, may be banned from Football.

• Thanks 1

This hurts worse than any sporting event in my adult life. Nothing else comes close.

I get the prompt on my watch that Sterling has scored in added time to put us up 5-3. Leave my desk and head to our break room so I don't make a fool of myself... then I get SCORE CORRECTION - MCI 4 TOT 3 as I'm halfway to the break room. Get there and turn the TV on just in time for the whistle to blow. Such a ridiculous, wildly entertaining match to end on something like that.

• Sad 1

I really wish I had mad meme skills.

That Thor-Captain Marvel glare thing from the Endgame trailer?

(First glare)

Tottenham logo

(Thor reaches out, Hammer flies in)

Sterling's "goal"

(Captain Marvel's smirk like "Yeah, so?")

(VAR NO GOAL OFFSIDE)

(Tottenham Spurs Logo)

Thor: I like this one.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

That was an interesting result to City/Spurs, but man, these English clubs really need to work on their defense if they want to win this. So many fundamental defensive mistakes.

Son is really good though. So are Agüero and Sterling.

Edited by Edwin

1 hour ago, Pete said:

BBC Sport understands that Dele Alli may have been mistakenly deactivated by Spurs before tonight's Champions League match against Manchester City. If UEFA rules against them, the result would be changed to a 3-0 victory for City, who would thus advance in the tie.

Quadruple may have life to it after all. 

On 4/18/2019 at 2:14 AM, Pete said:

Did this turn into anything? Searched for some News, but there was nothing to be found

It won't let me quote Pete properly, it was the rumour about Alli not being eligible. 

Edited by ReiseReise

1 hour ago, ReiseReise said:

Did this turn into anything? Searched for some News, but there was nothing to be found

It won't let me quote Pete properly, it was the rumour about Alli not being eligible. 

Did you click the link for the details? ?

Edited by SirFozzie

52 minutes ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

Apologies to @The Natural if we relegate Bradford today. The good thing for you guys is that we're pretty dreadful at the Ricoh

Cheers, @Sky Blue Sam. Kind of you to say. I've said this before but I've a soft spot for Coventry City as it was my first away game and both our clubs last game in the Premier League, May 2001.

It's sucks seeing what's happened to Bradford City after Phil Parkinson/Mark Lawn especially and Stuart McCall rebuilt after the mostly bad times post relegation from the Premier League. Edin Rahic the former owner takes most of the blame then the players and the amount of managers we've gone through.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1