DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2019 - MARCH/APRIL

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Raziel said:

Giancarlo Stanton on 10 Day IL

In other news, the Yankees RISP Average just went up a couple points over the next 10 days.

That was my reaction. Right now, it's not much of a loss. He's looked completely lost at the plate on his strikeouts, especially the three straight change-ups. Miami was probably the perfect place for Stanton to play his entire career. No pressure to win, whatever he did didn't matter. His albatross contract is part of the excuse of why the Yankees were never serious on Machado or Harper.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

TRADE EVERYONE!

FIRE EVERYONE!

EVERYONE SUCKS!!!

I'm just non-plussed on Stanton and will dunk on his tendencies to whiff in clutch situations.

Sanchez could be DFA'd tomorrow and I'd dance a jig down River Ave.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I'm just non-plussed on Stanton and will dunk on his tendencies to whiff in clutch situations

Sanchez could be DFA'd tomorrow and I'd dance a jig down River Ave.

My response was basically to Eddie who - unintentionally or not - implied Stanton is the worst player ever while conveniently forgetting he was basically the Yanks offense last year while Judge was out.

Every year I do wonder what Cashman's breaking point is for Sanchez

But again - IT IS THREE GAMES!

It's like how I have already heard a 1000 times about how Dusty Baker would have swept the Mets because Nats fans clearly can't let that go

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

My response was basically to Eddie who - unintentionally or not - implied Stanton is the worst player ever while conveniently forgetting he was basically the Yanks offense last year while Judge was out.

Every year I do wonder what Cashman's breaking point is for Sanchez

But again - IT IS THREE GAMES!

It's like how I have already heard a 1000 times about how Dusty Baker would have swept the Mets because Nats fans clearly can't let that go

Meanwhile, Stanton has a .600 OBP.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I didn't imply he was the worst player ever, nor did I forget him carrying the team while Judge is out, but you can't deny that he mostly isn't clutch in big situations.

Sanchez worries me. I'm not sure if 2016-2017 is the real Sanchez or if minor league disciplinary problems/2018 season is the real Sanchez. 

I can't help it if I care a lot about the Yankees. Everyone toots the 100 wins and 267 HR horn last year. What good did that do? Especially coming off almost making it to the WS the year before. I believe the Derek Jeter mentality, if they don't win the WS, it was a failed season.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I didn't imply he was the worst player ever, nor did I forget him carrying the team while Judge is out, but you can't deny that he mostly isn't clutch in big situations.

Sanchez worries me. I'm not sure if 2016-2017 is the real Sanchez or if minor league disciplinary problems/2018 season is the real Sanchez. 

I can't help it if I care a lot about the Yankees. Everyone toots the 100 wins and 267 HR horn last year. What good did that do? I'm of the Derek Jeter mentality. If they don't win the WS, it was a failed season.

If you ever ask a Non-Yankee fan New Yorker why they hate Yankees fans, this is your answer.

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

If you ever ask a Non-Yankee fan New Yorker why they hate Yankees fans, this is your answer.

I'm a bad fan because I want my team to win? Is it better if I don't care or just hop off the bandwagon when things don't go well?

Most non-Yankee fans hate them because of the belief the Yankees "bought their championships".

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

11 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Wants and expectations are two different things my friend.  

I want them to win every year. Do I expect that? Of course not. Should they be able to have more than one championship in ten years? Yes. I don't take the late 90s group for granted. That was a special group brought in through the farm system, smart trades, and free agency; the right manager and coaching staff with the right approach. The HR or die approach will never work.

I don't think I'm unreasonable. Meanwhile, the rest of you probably think I should be institutionalized.

It feels very good to get that all out.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Thanks 1

I was born in 1975

There have been 42 World Series in my life time (remember no WS in 94)

The Yankees have won the title 7 times in those 42 years

So by the logic stated - they have only been successful just over 16% of the time

Which is still the highest % of any MLB team during that span

By the way - forgot this till this morning

CC still isn't even officially on the IL as he has been serving his suspension.

So he will make it 10 when he hits - I think tomorrow.

Braves apparently are about to extend Ronald Acuna for 8 years, $100 million

So basically they are making him sign at gun point I guess

I get that the deal looks to be quite the steal for ATL, but we are still talking about $12.5MM per for a kid that has played in 115 Major league games. Additionally, he'll be 29 when he hits FA, and if he's the kind of player that we all seem to think he is, he can cash in again for another motherfucking metric ton of money.

I'll say fuck the owners at every chance I get, but damning them for giving a kid $100MM when he would have made only a fraction of that over the next 8 years is a little silly, I think.

If the options get exercised, he'll make right near $125 over the life of the deal, so yes, he is likely costing himself money, but I'm not sure that a low bonus guy is in any position to turn down that kind of bread.

Edited by grilledcheese
added a sentence