DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2019 - MARCH/APRIL

RIPPA

The Yanks/Angels had one of those "Yup - this is baseball" games

- the Yanks scored the winning run in the Top of the 14th despite striking out FOUR times.

- the Angels had to bat a pitcher in extras because their DH broke his face sliding into a bag

- Oh and because LAA was out of position players

With no more position players on the bench, their Angels were forced to make a series of substitutions that ended with outfielder Peter Bourjos playing second base -- and playing it well -- for the first time in his 1,347-game pro career in the majors and minors.

"(Bench coach) Josh Paul was just trying to find out who had played other positions," Angels manager Brad Ausmus said. "(Bourjos) had played the infield at some point."

Which basically amounted to "I guess I played there once in High School"

• Like 1

Or it's like maybe Jake should have just stayed in Chicago instead of letting his wife and agent make him think he's worth whatever contact he thought he was going to get.

Grass isn't always greener.

Also, I'm not putting this all on Harper. Jake was consistently a hard ass in Chicago too, but I think the rest of the team could feel Jake and everyone had an understanding.

• Like 3

Jake is right, even if it maybe shouldn't happen publicly. You can't be getting tossed at all but, if you are, it can't be for balls & strikes A FEW BATTERS LATER. 

• Like 2

Looks like Gio to MIL on a full MLB deal worth $ 2 MM with no proration and includes bonus markers worth up to another $ 2 MM.

News comes from Rosenthal, so likely as accurate as can be without official word.

Edited by grilledcheese

Clint Frazier to IL - amazingly not for another concussion

So they Yanks got so desperate for anyone to play OF that they gave cash to the Indians for Cameron Maybin and immediately added him to the major league roster

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Clint Frazier to IL - amazingly not for another concussion

So they Yanks got so desperate for anyone to play OF that they gave cash to the Indians for Cameron Maybin and immediately added him to the major league roster

What, Ben Revere wasn't available?

• Haha 1

Vlad just 2B B9 and was removed for a PR. Brandon Drury just walked it off with a 2 R jack.

Excellent shit to light the game winning fire in your first big league game. 

Here's to a career just as fun as his old man's

Edited by grilledcheese

I think they would wish for guys to stop getting hurt first (two more yesterday)

They most likely will have to call someone up directly from AA to play 3B tomorrow