DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2019 - MARCH/APRIL

RIPPA

I'm more wondering what the hell Cleveland's 4th of July logo was.  I don't recall they ever having anything like that.

Tampa's 4th is beautiful though.

Edited by Raziel

Chris Davis had 2 - TWO~!~! - hits today, and even drove in runs with both - and with a fielder's choice!  Positive things for a baseball team: who knew he could do that?  $11.5M a hit, so far.

Edit: 3! Three! Ah ah ah! Only 7.66M per! A real steal (no wait that's a different category)!

Edited by Contentious C
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I love the Marlins Fourth of July hat with the Florida Marlins logo. That was easily the best logo and uniforms they've had.

I was confused why they wouldn't use their new logo, which is actually red, white and blue.

13 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Their 70s logo, usually called "the caveman C."

Robinson-Frank-79_2005_HS_NBLBoutelle-cr

I'm a huge fan of the doubleknit pulliver era, and especially that jersey, and doubly so when matched with the red trousers instead of white. 

PHI in maroon or sky blue, every MTL uni, all the outlandish PIT sets that looked like beer league softball teams. Great fucking stuff.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

I'm a huge fan of the doubleknit pulliver era, and especially that jersey, and doubly so when matched with the red trousers instead of white. 

"The blood clot uniform"

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

I was confused why they wouldn't use their new logo, which is actually red, white and blue.

PHI in maroon or sky blue, every MTL uni, all the outlandish PIT sets that looked like beer league softball teams. Great fucking stuff.

If you're a fan of those jerseys, you need Bill Henderson's uniform guide. He covers every variation from every team since the start of double knits. 

Brandon Hyde just got tossed for arguing a slide.   *AFTER* it had been replayed.  

Hyde is clearly keeping up the tradition of Baltimore managers getting tossed for abject stupidity. 

It keeps messing with me to see Dwight Smith, Jr. in a Baltimore uniform.  Season of '89 was a turning point for me as a sports fan, between having cable for the first time and Griffey's debut.  I can still remember watching a bucketload of WGN, where the Cubs were excited about Jerome Walton & Dwight Smith, Sr.  They finished 1-2 in the ROY voting that year. (In typical Cubs fashion, those were by far their best seasons)

I am so fucking old.

11 hours ago, sabremike said:

How does an alleged Major League pitcher suck so fucking bad that he comes in and walks in the tying run on four goddamned pitches?????

Not going to lie...I thought you were talking about Chatwood and I got confused because the Cubs won 7-2 yesterday.

• Haha 1

Greg Bird to the IL

This is Yankees fans shocked face

Makes an even dozen

Bird has a left plantar fascia tear and Jacob Ellsbury was moved to the 60 day and I keep giggling

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Greg Bird to the IL

Makes an even dozen

Bird has a left plantar fascia tear and Jacob Ellsbury was moved to the 60 day and I keep giggling

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Greg Bird to the IL

Makes an even dozen

I don't know which is less surprising, Troy Tulowitzki or Greg Bird being on the DL.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Greg Bird to the IL

Makes an even dozen

I went to my first game at Yankee Stadium on Sunday. It's ironic that I had to go New York to see the White Sox win a game because every time I go to The Cell/Guaranteed Rate, they usually get smashed. It's easier to win games when the opponent is a M.A.S.H unit.