DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2019 - MARCH/APRIL

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Chris "What's Hand-Eye Coordination?" Davis Watch: 0 for 23, 13 strikeouts.

Somehow has 2 RBI, as well as an IBB, this year.  Just let a pitcher hit already, FFS.

His 0-44 is two away from the record for consecutive hitless ABs

7 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Chris "What's Hand-Eye Coordination?" Davis Watch: 0 for 23, 13 strikeouts.

Somehow has 2 RBI, as well as an IBB, this year.  Just let a pitcher hit already, FFS.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

His 0-44 is two away from the record for consecutive hitless ABs

and he still has 4 years left worth $92 million

I don't know what Baltimore is going to do with him. I'm glad he's not the Yankees problem. He makes just under two years left of Jacoby Ellsbury look reasonable.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

At, least Baltimore isn't really actively trying to win right now.

When I was a kid I had a book titled "The Orioles Way to Play Baseball", had some sage comments from Earl Weaver, Jim Palmer, Brooks Robinson, etc. a pity no one on the current roster seems to have read it.

8 hours ago, OSJ said:

When I was a kid I had a book titled "The Orioles Way to Play Baseball", had some sage comments from Earl Weaver, Jim Palmer, Brooks Robinson, etc. a pity no one on the current roster seems to have read it.

The Sunday comics might be too much for Chris Davis.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 1

Everytime I start really feeling sorry for Chris Davis, I remember he's making $23 million a year.

I can break his record at one tenth the price if any team is interested...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yes because everyone can be as good as Brooks and Palmer if they just try

You may be on to something, I've always wondered why no one wanted to give me a bazillion dollars to play baseball (despite the fact that I'm not particularly good at it). I'll settle for being able to cuss out umpires like Earl Weaver.

Side Tangent and I have said this before but Jim Palmer is so fucking good on broadcasts.

Obviously I always watch when the Yanks are playing the Os but I end up watching a bunch of Orioles broadcasts because Palmer and Gary Thorne are such a good tandem.

It is rare you get guys who - while clearly wanting the home team to do well - aren't out and out homers and will provide a lot of depth about the opposing team.

Granted they have to fill a lot of time usually but still

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Side Tangent and I have said this before but Jim Palmer is so fucking good on broadcasts.

Obviously I always watch when the Yanks are playing the Os but I end up watching a bunch of Orioles broadcasts because Palmer and Gary Thorne are such a good tandem.

It is rare you get guys who - while clearly wanting the home team to do well - aren't out and out homers and will provide a lot of depth about the opposing team.

Granted they have to fill a lot of time usually but still

Palmer's really something special in the broadcast booth, isn't he? I'm trying real hard to think of a former major leaguer who transitioned so well to broadcasting and I can't really come up with anyone better than Palmer.

Cubs again scored 10 runs and won. Impressively so even. 10-0. This might be their only shutout this year.

And they somehow managed to do it with Lester getting hurt after a couple hitters. So the bullpen with one of the highest ERAs if not the highest ERA held the Pirates to 0 runs.

I don't understand this season at all.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am not sure signing Bud Norris is ever the proper answer for fixing a bullpen but the Nats are hoping I am wrong

If the answer is "Bud Norris", then the wrong question has been asked.