DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2019 - MARCH/APRIL

RIPPA

17 minutes ago, Craig H said:

My team is fucking garbage

As is mine right now. The Yankees haven't been bit by the injury bug, but more like a shark taking a giant chunk out of your leg. Let's see if I got everybody:

Didi Gregorius (TJ surgery), Jordan Montgomery (TJ surgery last June), Luis Severino, Miguel Andujar, Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Hicks, Dellin Betances, Troy Tulowitzki, CC Sabathia, Jacoby Ellsbury, Ben Heller

36 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

As is mine right now. The Yankees haven't been bit by the injury bug, but more like a shark taking a giant chunk out of your leg. Let's see if I got everybody:

Didi Gregorius (TJ surgery), Jordan Montgomery (TJ surgery last June), Luis Severino, Miguel Andujar, Giancarlo Stanton, Aaron Hicks, Dellin Betances, Troy Tulowitzki, CC Sabathia, Jacoby Ellsbury, Ben Heller

Hmm, what would I give to see Darvish, Chatwood, and Heyward on the DL...

Throw this old dickweed out on his ass, hire a robot ump to replace him, and assign the robot his uniform number. What in the fuck is going on here?

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

Throw this old dickweed out on his ass, hire a robot ump to replace him, and assign the robot his uniform number. What in the fuck is going on here?

BUT WE MUST HAVE THE HUMAN ELEMENT

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Chris Davis is 0-3 today with 3 strikeouts

For the season he is now... checks notes... 0-17 with 11 Ks

Combine that with last season, and he's currently 1 for his last 54(!!!).  

At some point, Baltimore has to seriously ask itself, is it better just to DFA him and be done with it.  

• Like 1

It is hard to fathom a guy being that terrible at the plate.  

Since signing his massive contract before the 2016 season, Davis is hitting exactly .200 and has struck out 617 times.

There was a story last year talking about how incredibly rare it is that a player this bad gets so much playing time and it was basically a combination of his salary and the fact that he is blocking no prospects so they have no other choice

Just now, CSC said:

Year 1 of 13 more years of wasting Mike Trout's talent is in full effect at this point.  

Well literally every other big money deal on that team is a cautionary tale of why you shouldn't give out a big money deal

• Like 1

That record would be exceptionally tough to do, since it's no longer PED-ball, and they don't play in Colorado.  Even going back 20 years in just the NL, the '99 Rockies scored 906 on a 90-loss team.  Cubs are "on pace" for more than that, but I doubt that's going to hold.

I do kinda wonder what the actual record is, but I'm not going to click on 250 B-R pages until I find it.

30 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

That record would be exceptionally tough to do, since it's no longer PED-ball, and they don't play in Colorado.  Even going back 20 years in just the NL, the '99 Rockies scored 906 on a 90-loss team.  Cubs are "on pace" for more than that, but I doubt that's going to hold.

I do kinda wonder what the actual record is, but I'm not going to click on 250 B-R pages until I find it.

I can't guarantee it but it's most likely the 1930 Phillies. They scored 944 and finished with a 52-102 record because they allowed 1199.

18 hours ago, Tabe said:

I can't guarantee it but it's most likely the 1930 Phillies. They scored 944 and finished with a 52-102 record because they allowed 1199.

As far as I can tell this is correct - I did a search on BR for teams that didn't make the playoffs and scored at least 900 runs. The 30 Phillies were the only ones with 90+ losses. Heck they were the only ones with a losing record