DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2019 - MARCH/APRIL

RIPPA

16 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

Steven Souza of the D-Backs done for all of 2019, needs surgery to repair ACL tear, LCL tear, partial PCL tear, and posterior lateral capsule tear in his left knee.

Damn that injury looked gnarly. Poor guy.

19 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

Steven Souza of the D-Backs done for all of 2019, needs surgery to repair ACL tear, LCL tear, partial PCL tear, and posterior lateral capsule tear in his left knee.

Yeeeeee------ouch.  That dude is going to be pretty miserable for a good long time.

19 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

I have often wondered why changes to the construction of home plate haven't been studied.  Or, if they have, why we haven't seen any changes.  It's a flat, smooth, often slippery, surface that players run across while wearing shoes meant for other surfaces.  

• Like 2

So who's actually excited about their team for this year?

I'm starting to think I should be more of a casual fan as the more I seek out critical analysis of my team (Braves), the more negative I get.  I guess it's the sports world we live in but I feel like if you're into a team enough to do a podcast about them, you should at least be positive about their prospects.

Last season ended on such a high note, like we were ahead of schedule & that it was the start of an ascent to a new peak.  Now that the season is here it feels like the peak is gone already.  Other teams in the division have left us in the dust and the season hasn't started yet.

Someone cheer me up here.

Edited by TimWresPowr

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

I have often wondered why changes to the construction of home plate haven't been studied.  Or, if they have, why we haven't seen any changes.  It's a flat, smooth, often slippery, surface that players run across while wearing shoes meant for other surfaces.  

And not just the dish, but bags as well. Remember the Bryce Harper tumble against SFG after a rain delay a couple years ago? Bases being textured probably helps, since you don't see a lot of guys slip on them, but yeah, watching Souza go down on something so innocuous as crossing home plate is double shitty.

35 minutes ago, CSC said:

Pfft and they say Mike Trout isn't marketable.  

All I can think of is FIGHT MILK, which I should also note is all natural made from only blended up crows.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, TimWresPowr said:

So who's actually excited about their team for this year?

I'm starting to think I should be more of a casual fan as the more I seek out critical analysis of my team (Braves), the more negative I get.  I guess it's the sports world we live in but I feel like if you're into a team enough to do a podcast about them, you should at least be positive about their prospects.

Last season ended on such a high note, like we were ahead of schedule & that it was the start of an ascent to a new peak.  Now that the season is here it feels like the peak is gone already.  Other teams in the division have left us in the dust and the season hasn't started yet.

Someone cheer me up here.

I'm an A's fan. Bob Melvin is great. Chapman is amazing. Krush Davis is going to hit a lot of homeruns. Piscotty is going to continue to be badass. 

The starting pitching staff is going to give me hives, however. 

Ooof....

Sometime later this season ESPN's Sunday Night crew will broadcast a game from the "Judge's Chambers" in Yankee Stadium

For those that don't know

God that will be insufferable - well more so than usual for ESPN

• Like 1

18 hours ago, elizium said:

Just making room for our favourite chonky boi, Vlad Jr., come July.

Was hoping he would be able to play in the Bison"s home opener I'll be at a week from today but I think he's still hurt.

This umpiring crew has made two HUGE mistakes that will have absolutely no bearing on the game but yeah - someone might wanna sit them down and discuss things

ESPN desperately trying to spin that that mess was the runners fault, but only one Ump called Infield fly and it wasn't the Home plate ump who was RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE FUCKING PLAY.

And yeah, they botched the fuck out of the ball hitting the runner in the 1st.