DVDVR Message Board

Raw Awoke The Dragon - 3/18/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Web Conn said:

Hey I normally watch Raw on Hulu. I haven't seen the Mojo promo's before. Had he been talking to a mirror for a while now or was this the first time?

They were doing it for a little bit, it seriously went nowhere, then they stopped doing it for a couple weeks, and now they're back to doing it again.

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I noticed the reaction was so overwhelmingly negative on Twitter that they actually mentioned it on RAW and now Kurt is tweeting about it.  This company lol. 

Yep. JR and tellingly Kurt's wife as well.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Couple months. It hasn't gone anywhere yet.  Probably never will. 

I could get into self-loathing, uncomfortable in his own skin Mojo. Maybe because I've been there quite a bit in life. There's a quote from Layne Staley in an early 1996 Rolling Stone article titled The Needle and the Damage Done that has stuck with me since. "At the end of the party or end of the night when everybody else goes home, you're stuck with yourself."

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2
  • Sad 5

the main problem with Angle vs. Corbin is that we already know it's Angle's last match.  Therefore, everybody knows it's going to be about Angle going out on his back and putting Corbin over.  Remove the suspense and you defeat the purpose.  Corbin winning won't be an outrage or shocker or tragedy that amplifies his heat; it will be a bland inevitable that exacerbates all his current booking problems.

If Angle's retirement was in doubt, and a stipulation tied to his defeat, it could work.  But once you announce and promote ahead of time that it's Angle's farewell match, it's valueless as a heat transfer.  The only way to put doubt into it is if you put him against a part-timer and/or a legend who conceivably doesn't need the win and isn't hurt by the lose.  You know, like John Cena, as so many people wanted.  Maybe Angle goes out on his back.   Maybe he gets to ride off into the sunset.  There's suspense, even if there aren't stakes.

Angle vs Corbin has neither suspense nor stakes.  Bring on the bathroom run.

That was a pretty poor episode (and Travis being involved has me nervous about further overbooking in the Raw women's three-way), but on the upside, uh, Ricochet got a pretty good reaction and casually pulled out a Space Flying Tiger Drop.

52 minutes ago, Craig H said:

But the best they can do for Braun is the Andre the Giant Battle Royal. Fuck this dumb fucking company.

I'm curious exactly what you would have had them do at this point. The time for Braun as champ has passed for now, and they aren't going to build him back up for anything serious while WM is going on.

46 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Oh yeah, no one even gave a shit about Becky tonight.

Becky even wasn't on tonight's show.

• Haha 3

They could have built up a guy like Lashley or another monster for Braun to face. Just to keep some momentum going. Him throwing out a bunch of Ryder and Hawkins types isn't going to do much. He's basically Big Show... like present day Big Show...   which means they skipped past the part where he's a viable main event talent. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

They could have built up a guy like Lashley or another monster for Braun to face. Just to keep some momentum going. Him throwing out a bunch of Ryder and Hawkins types isn't going to do much. He's basically Big Show... like present day Big Show...   which means they skipped past the part where he's a viable main event talent. 

One their bigger sqaundered oppertunities. Braun not Big Show.

Edited by Web Conn

13 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

You mean Lashley who is in the middle of a feud with Finn? There is no other monster for Braun to face.

I will say that the opening Brock/Heyman/Drew/Seth segment was really well put together. If didn't drag on forever, it tied two big storylines together in a pretty natural way, and built both for later in the show and the ppv in 3 weeks.

• Like 4

Ronda Rousey was f'n awesome tonight, I've been waiting to see this side of her since she arrived and I hope she sticks around post-WM.

I wish they'd just kept McIntyre annihilating Angle for WM instead of a throwaway Raw. Would have put him over huge

Edited by CreativeControl

If the WWE ever decides to sell velvet paintings, hopefully the first one they do is Batista in his "office" with the swivel chair, blue sunglasses, and those damn curtains ?

The only way Travis Browne makes a lick of sense in this angle is if Becky Lynch beats him up at the go home show.   

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2

I’d be down for a Lashley/Rush/Balor/Strowman four way for the IC title. Sure, it’s another multiman but it’s a tough match to call and it would have some fun spots.

Is this Corbin backlash that modern heat some people talk about? Him and Charlotte, right?

At least with Charlotte we know she is really good in the ring but it is a question of being down people's throats because of her name. It makes sense Charlotte is viewed as a top 2 women in the WWE.    Corbin is dull and boring in the ring AND pushed down people throats for reason nobody can understand.   It is like Jinder without the personality and an extra 4 months thrown in for good measure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:
8 hours ago, Craig H said:

But the best they can do for Braun is the Andre the Giant Battle Royal. Fuck this dumb fucking company.

I can't even trust that this company will be better when Vince McMahon is dead.

I'm cautiously optimistic about it.

I wouldn't be, the fact is it's gonna get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family.

Sorry, I couldn't not do that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Adam said:

I wouldn't be, the fact is it's gonna get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family.

Sorry, I couldn't not do that.

It's ok. I was thinking of that line as I was writing my response.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Don’t worry, gang. Angle will be taking indie bookings at the earliest moment he’s free to do so. 

Correct.  There is no way Kurt won't be wrestling again.  This match makes perfect sense.  He and Corbin have been feuding for months.  Either he taps Corbin on the biggest stage and gets his revenge, or Corbin gets a decent little rub from beating Kurt in his last match.  Way better than dragging the Undertaker out or Cena with no build.  The WWE makes movies y'all.  Puts smiles on faces.  This will probably be the best thing on the show.