DVDVR Message Board

Raw Awoke The Dragon - 3/18/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, elizium said:

Also, he outlined the critical differences between being a Mountie and Not a Mountie. Mounties enforce the law, while Not the Mounties enforce the law. Mounties always get their men while Not the Mounties are different because they always get their men, unlike Mounties.

See? Perfectly clear.

“We’re Not The Mounties” is a classic treatise on the folly of relying on enthusiastic volunteers and charitable organizations to fill the void left by slashing federal budgets and eliminating skilled Public Servant jobs, and the inevitable downgrade in service rendered to the tax-paying citizen in that scenario. Should have won a Grammy. 

“I’m The Mountie” = I’m in this for you the citizens.

”We’re Not The Mounties” = I’m mercenary, I’m in this for me, not you.

Edited by BobbyWhioux
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, elizium said:

Also, he outlined the critical differences between being a Mountie and Not a Mountie. Mounties enforce the law, while Not the Mounties enforce the law. Mounties always get their men while Not the Mounties are different because they always get their men, unlike Mounties.

See? Perfectly clear.

He also explained what made the Rougeau's "All American Boys".

• Like 1

I think the bigger Mania issue with Angle is not his opponent but putting him in a singles match. He's done, completely. His match vs Gable was just kinda sad to watch, everything isn't even half speed and it always seems like he might get legit hurt. He probably deserves a send-off if he is really retiring, but it should probably be in some kind of tag match where he doesn't have to do much. As is I just hope it is short and heavy on smoke and mirrors (which will likely be saved for HHH/Batista).

• Like 2

Yeah. Even just in the last year, Kurt has gotten significantly more broken down... And even before that he was like an action figure with almost no articulation.

But... Baron Fucking Corbin?!?

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

I wish they'd just kept McIntyre annihilating Angle for WM instead of a throwaway Raw. Would have put him over huge

There's really a compelling story that could be told here about how that loss got so inside Kurt's head, that's why he disappeared there for a minute. How he was so shaken about getting his ass handed to him so bad, he had to go do soul searching about whether or not he has it anymore. And now that he's on his retirement tour, he has to know if he can beat McIntyre. He's a man, damnit and he won't let that loss stand.

And then he just can't pull it off, no matter how hard he tries. But he's Kurt Angle, damnit. He goes down fighting and McIntyre still wins, but Kurt shows there is still just a shadow of the old Angle in him.

Or we could just do Baron Corbin in his stupid church clothes against Kurt in a match that even Mrs Angle shits on. Whatever works, yo

• Like 2

Honestly, if they flipped the opponents for Angle and Reigns I'd be way more enthused. Angle calls out McIntyre for a rematch and puts his career on the line, then you can build around the fact that Kurt's holding nothing back this time. And Reigns can demolish Corbin in short order for the big pop and maybe get Baron a soft reset of his character at the same time. I also think Reigns/McIntyre could be a Summerslam main event if they held off. 

• Like 3

So a guy who isn't good enough for a Hall of Famer is good enough for a legitimate current top guy.

OK.

Not to mention there's a good chance either Reigns or McIntyre gets moved to SDL sometime this year.

I don't know who's good enough for anyone, I'd just rather see those combinations. And you have to see the difference between Angle going 50/50 with Corbin and Reigns squashing him.

7 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Roman struggling against Baron Corbin exposes the business more than Ronda saying wrestling is fake.

I mean, wikipedia is wikipedia but Corbin is seemingly "a former offensive lineman for the Indianapolis Colts and Arizona Cardinals of the National Football League (NFL), as well as a three-time Golden Gloves champion and former grappling champion."  It doesn't make him a better pro wrestler in the least, but it's not like he's some shlub who can't believably hang with anyone.

• Like 1