DVDVR Message Board

Raw Awoke The Dragon - 3/18/2019

Dolfan in NYC

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

The WWE makes shit movies.

I beg your fucking pardon.

jingle-all-the-way-2-poster.jpg

(But seriously, Fighting with my Family is a very good movie, and is probably the best pro-wrestling movie in a decade.)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, piranesi said:

I love that Charlotte’s woman to admire was Serena Williams because “she taught me it’s okay to be strong and beautiful and intelligent.”

she is a natural heel even when she’s not trying to be a heel.

Jacques Rougeau taught a generation of young men it's okay to be handsome, brave, and strong...in two theme songs. Top that Serena!

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Wasn't Warriors wish that the Warrior Award would honour the WWE employees behind the scenes who never get the recognition, but then when he passed away the next year it became someone who battles hard times or works hard for people who have hard times? inb4 Big Boss Man

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, RIShane said:

That was a pretty poor episode (and Travis being involved has me nervous about further overbooking in the Raw women's three-way), but on the upside, uh, Ricochet got a pretty good reaction and casually pulled out a Space Flying Tiger Drop.

I haven't really been watching RAW, just highlights and was honestly going to skip the episode but this ensures I will at least watch Ricochet. I don't know why but that is legit one of my favorite moves to see anyone perform. So yeah, thanks for the heads up!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I could get into self-loathing, uncomfortable in his own skin Mojo. Maybe because I've been there quite a bit in life. There's a quote from Layne Staley in an early 1996 Rolling Stone article titled The Needle and the Damage Done that has stuck with me since. "At the end of the party or end of the night when everybody else goes home, you're stuck with yourself."

I feel that, man. I've dealt with/been dealing with lately a lot of the same issues. Feel free to hit me up anytime. That goes for anyone on the board. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I feel that, man. I've dealt with/been dealing with lately a lot of the same issues. Feel free to hit me up anytime. That goes for anyone on the board. 

Same here, man. If anybody wants to talk here or FB, I'm there.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

I haven't really been watching RAW, just highlights and was honestly going to skip the episode but this ensures I will at least watch Ricochet. I don't know why but that is legit one of my favorite moves to see anyone perform. So yeah, thanks for the heads up!

If you want to see it now:

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, The Natural said:

If you want to see it now:

Thanks! Ricochet is so smooth. I realize he is not everyone's cup of tea and I wouldn't want to watch a show with only things in his style but I do love the acrobatic things he pulls out. I showed a buddy his BoSJ math with Ospreay the other night and was reminded of just how great that was, even if it does come off as a bit more cooperative than a crazy brawl or something. Again though, as part of a good mix of styles, that type of match is awesome. 

I also just watched the Angle/Gable match on Hulu. I would have loved to see those guys at Mania pulling out a 20 minute match. As it was, a really fun tv match. Gable's roll into the ankle lock is pretty cool. What wasn't pretty cool was the announcing. They were stumbling over each other and rushing to fit too many words/phrases into their commentary before the next person talked over them. Renee just stopped talking at one point. I almost got the feeling that they may do something else with Angle/Corbin with the way the announcers were talking about the fans reaction and whatnot. Or they could be just riling up the fans again. Who knows with this company? 

EDIT: Off topic but since a lot of us are dealing with mental stuff and someday could use a person to talk to and since we all are brought together by wrestling fandom, is there a site where we could set up a private playlist and do like a hangout where we could chat while we watch? Something a little more immediate than the board. Obviously I'm not trying to replace the interaction on here but since I don't go out/party it might be fun to "hang" and shoot the shit about FMW some nights.

Edited by RazorbladeKiss87
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The opening promo was good. With Lesnar laughing at the crowd and Rollins wearing out a chair over McIntyre's back, they kept it around 10 minutes. That was the perfect time for it.

Finn/Braun vs Lashley/Lio was pretty fun. Are they working toward a triple threat with Finn/Lashley/Lio? Maybe. Depends on if they really want to do the Demon at WM, which is better suited for a singles match.

Angle/Gable was a mess and shows how much Angle is done. Corbin wouldn't be my choice for Angle's final WWE match, but we can't say it hasn't been built toward this. Angle and Corbin have been at it for months, so it makes sense. It's just anti-climatic.

Bayley being the scrappy babyface to Sasha's march to heeldom should be fun. Beth Phoenix cut a strong promo.

Liked Alexa and Braun being friends again.

Batista's promo was amazing. He starts calm and collected, then ends with him losing his mind. He hit on some good points, but he's internalized it to where he's paranoid, and that brings out the worst in him. Him essentially calling Cole a kiss-ass was great.

Ronda as a DGAF heel is aces. Not sure about having her husband getting involved is smart, considering his background.

McIntrye going after Reigns has been a long time coming. McIntyre had a taste of being a potential top guy years ago, lost it, and wants it back. Meanwhile, Reigns has achieved everything McIntyre has ever wanted. Plus, Roman brings the question: is he ready for a singles match against someone of McIntyre's caliber this soon after his return? Should be good.

Average show overall, but some good stuff was moved forward.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Jacques Rougeau taught a generation of young men it's okay to be handsome, brave, and strong...in two theme songs. Top that Serena!

Thank you for reminding me that Jacques Rougeau had three top notch entrance themes that he personally sang in.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Also, he outlined the critical differences between being a Mountie and Not a Mountie. Mounties enforce the law, while Not the Mounties enforce the law. Mounties always get their men while Not the Mounties are different because they always get their men, unlike Mounties.

See? Perfectly clear.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, elizium said:

Also, he outlined the critical differences between being a Mountie and Not a Mountie. Mounties enforce the law, while Not the Mounties enforce the law. Mounties always get their men while Not the Mounties are different because they always get their men, unlike Mounties.

See? Perfectly clear.

Not unlike Heath Slater's music announcing him as both a one-man and three-man band.

• Haha 1