DVDVR Message Board

James Gunn back for GOTG 3 according to Deadline.

6 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Also interesting: Dirtbags with bad intentions pitched a fit about RADICAL MAN-HATER Brie Larson's movie and... that turned out to be a big wet fart.

Turns out these trolls aren't as powerful as they'd like to think. 

There's hope yet. It sucks when they make noise, but it would be nice if everyone eventually just ignored them.

14 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

Well technically, Disney listened to the fans, said they weren’t going to rehire him, waited a long time, then rehired him.

And cynically, I’m sure seeing that not only was he not going to be ostracized, but he was going to go to the competition to work on a similar project that could have helped kickstart/reenergize their comic movies had absolutely no impact on their decision.

He still is "going to the competition" though. He'll still be directing Suicide Squad 2.

I also wonder if none of this happened in the first place if they would be filming down in Atlanta right now.

48 minutes ago, Craig H said:

He still is "going to the competition" though. He'll still be directing Suicide Squad 2.

I also wonder if none of this happened in the first place if they would be filming down in Atlanta right now.

Yes, but bringing him back arguably keeps him from spearheading their movie universe, assuming The Suicide Squad is successful.

He apologized in 2012 for a blog post about "The 50 Superheroes You Most Want to Have Sex With". I think that's what most people are confusing the apology stuff with. But, really... who cares?

• Like 1

I am pleased to see that Disney wised up and figured out that the man that ratted Gunn out was an asshole.

That being said, I hope James has learned to keep his dumb comments to himself and off of social media.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2