DVDVR Message Board

NXT Takeover: New York - 4/5/2019

Dolfan in NYC

While trying to sleep last night, I had a go at guessing the match placements:

1. War Raiders vs. Black/Ricochet.

2. Dream vs. Riddle.

3. Basler vs. Shirai vs. Belair vs. Sane.

4. Dunne vs. WALTER.

5. Cole vs. Gargano.

Edited by The Natural

5 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Happy NXT Takeover Day!

Hell, yeah.  Can't wait to check it out.  I also like it being on Friday as it's not gonna end super late if I wanted to go out and it frees up tomorrow as well for either going out or going to NY for some shows (assuming I can still get tickets for the ones I care for)

• Like 3

Guest Edwin
20 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Is he signed with NXT exclusively? That's gonna be weird. I'm used to seeing him split his time. 

hahahaha

Kudos, that was clever.

Edited by Edwin

Guest Edwin
3 minutes ago, CSC said:

Well ... they found a way to make me wish I was listening to the Takeover panel.

This.

Also, AJ Styles sucks at WWE 2K19.

3 minutes ago, CSC said:

Well ... they found a way to make me wish I was listening to the Takeover panel.

As someone who barely plays video games, much less has any interest in watching someone else play them, that was hard to sit through. 

That stuff makes me feel a million years old. 

• RIPPA unlocked this topic

Yeah, that was easily the Least of all the Takeovers.  The main was ridiculous, and not in a good way.

You could've probably cut the back quarter off of every match but the Tag Titles and it would've been a better show.

And it wouldn't be an NXT show without a total break of kayfabe somewhere.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I would say your thoughts on the main event are going to align with how you feel about Shawn Michaels main events

It was one of the best matches I've ever seen, and I'm not exactly known for loving Shawn

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I would say your thoughts on the main event are going to align with how you feel about Shawn Michaels main events

Most of them were awful over dramatic bull shit. This main event was like the worst version of over dramatic choreographed bullshit I ever watched. 2 mediocre to out right bad falls to open then preplanned cool spots and other bullshit. 

I am more then happy putting that as my least favorite match of the year. 

Everything before it was borderline great or in case of Walter/Dunne, just really fucking great.

Edited by El Dragon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1