DVDVR Message Board

[SPOILERS] NXT TV Tapings 3/13/19

RIPPA

Starting the thread early so the main thread doesn’t get cluttered before I can post full results tomorrow 

@Edwin (and anyone else who attends the taping can post their thoughts here)

16 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

This is for tonight's taping yeah? 

I'll spoiler it just in case 

Hide contents

So its Cole vs Gargano 2/3 falls for the belt. 

Cole won a 5-way involving him, Black, Dream, Riddle and Ricochet

Wow, this might be the first NXT Title match I feel like just skipping.

• Like 2

Guest Edwin

Alright...

Spoiler

The 5 way match was OK. The DRC matches from the past 2 weeks were much better.

Ricochet and Black won the DRC. They also said goodbye and confirmed this is their final TV taping.

ACH made his TV debut vs. Humberto Carillo. He debuted as Albert Hardie Jr. so no one knew who he was until he walked out and got a big pop and a Go Go ACH chant.

Brennan Williams also debuted -- he looked pretty bad and gassed a couple of minutes in. He lost to Raúl Mendoza.

There was a Johnny Gargano and Adam Cole segment that was great. Gargano cut a tremendous fight for your dreams promo.

Velveteen Dream getting 2 ladies to slide him on a couch during Matt Riddle's match against Kona Reeves was maybe my favorite segment of the night.

Shayna Baszler, Marina Shaffir and Jessamyn Duke running into women's matches is starting to get tiresome.

TakeOver will be either a 4 way for the women's title or Io/Shayna, War Raiders/Ricochet and Black and Gargano/Cole. Haven't seen NXT UK, but it seems like they will have WALTER/Dunne from what I read and maybe an NXT UK tag team title match perhaps.

Edited by Edwin

Guest Edwin
Just now, hammerva said:
  Hide contents

So it seems like they just re-did the finals and maybe semi-finals of the Dusty Classic ? 

Spoiler

I'm confused. What do you mean? I haven't seen this weeks episode.

4 minutes ago, Edwin said:
  Hide contents

I'm confused. What do you mean? I haven't seen this weeks episode.

Spoiler

Maybe I need to read the last spoilers wrong but I thought Ricochet & Black lost in the semi finals to Forgotten Sons and DIY was in the finals.  I was thinking they were going to do the setup for Ciampa vs Gargano Takeover and then begin with this taping

Edited by hammerva

1 minute ago, hammerva said:
  Hide contents

Maybe I need to read the last spoilers wrong but I thought Ricochet & Black lost in the semi finals to Forgotten Sons and DIY was in the finals 

You read them wrong

Guest Edwin
Just now, hammerva said:
  Hide contents

Maybe I need to read the last spoilers wrong but I thought Ricochet & Black lost in the semi finals to Forgotten Sons and DIY was in the finals 

Spoiler

No, no. Forgotten Sons/Ricochet and Black was the finals. Ricochet and Black beat Gargano and Ciampa in the semis.

Guest Edwin
Spoiler

By the way, pretty underwhelming tapings match wise. These tapings were mostly used to setup TakeOver.

FULL TAPING RESULTS (Per PWI) - Again the spoiler box is just due to size

Spoiler

Dark Match: Chelsea Green def. Jessie.

As always, these matches can air in any order. This is the order in which things were filmed. It's quite likely these will air in a different order than taped, save for the last episode. 

Week 1

- Triple H comes out and announces the NXT title is now vacant. Johnny Gargano will face the winner of a Fatal 5 Way at Takeover New York for the Vacant NXT Championship. The championship match will be 2 our of 3 Falls to ensure a winner. 

- Adam Cole def. Ricochet, Velveteen Dream, Aleister Black, and Matt Riddle to earn an NXT Championship match at Takeover. 

Post match: The Forgotten Sons attack Black and Ricochet.

- Punishment Martinez def. Riddick Moss.

- Humberto Carillo def. Albert Hardie Jr (ACH.)

Week 2

- War Raiders win a squash.

Post match: War Raiders say William Regal has allowed them to make a statement to their opponents at Takeover. they say to bring out the next team.

- War Raiders def Adrian Jaoude and Cezar Bononi.

- Jaxson Ryker def. Oney Lorcan.

- Bianca Belair vs. Kairi Sane was a no contest after Shayna Baszler, Jessamyn Duke, and Marina Shafir interfered. The entire women's locker room came to break it up. Io Shirai posed with the belt in the ring. 

- Raul Mendoza def. Brennan Williams.

Week 3

-  Adam Cole recaps how he beat 4 other guys to get his shot. Cole says he has a million reasons he's going to win the NXT Title in New York. Cole wants Gargano to face him. Gargano comes out and wants Cole to start listing those reasons Gargano says his tale ends when he wins the title. He calls himself Johnny Takeover. Cole calls Gargano "Johnny Participation". Cole lists all of his accomplishments at Takeover. Gargano says he wasn't offered the same red carpet treatment as Cole . Gargano says he had to fight for everything he earned in NXT. Cole leaves, but tells Gargano that the title match at Takeover won't even definitive, it will be Undisputed.

- Lacey Lane and Kacy Catanzaro def. Vanessa Borne and Aliyah by dq qhen Shayna Baszler, Jessamyn Duke, and Marina Shafir attacked Lane. Catanzaro tried to fight off Baszler but was choked out. 

- Matt Riddle def. Kona Reeves. During the match, Dream was rolled out to the stage on a purple sofa. 

Post match: Dream announces that he'll face Riddle at Takeover: New York.

- Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic Finals: Aleister Black and Ricochet def. The Forgotten Sons.

Post Match: Black and Ricochet talk to crowd, putting over their experience in NXT, indicating this was probably their final night at Full Sail. They thanked the fans for all of their support.

Notes:

Current NXT Takeover Card:

- NXT Championship: Johnny Gargano vs. Adam Cole in a 2 out of 3 Falls match.

- NXT North American Championship: Velveteen Dream (c) vs. Matt Riddle.

- NXT Tag Team Championship: War Raiders (c) vs. Aleister Black and Ricochet.

- WWE UK Championship: Pete Dunne (c) vs. WALTER.

- It's not entirely clear what the NXT Women's championship match will be on the card. Nothing was announced to the crowd.

- NXT TV advertised rematch between Keith Lee and Dominik Dijakovic, but that was not filmed during this round of tapings. 

I assume the Lee-Dijakovic rematch will be the one taped before Takeover.

Brennan Williams finally debuting on TV only to job is probably a bad sign.

Bad sign for Moss's comeback to be a job too. Where's Tino? Hasn't it been like a year?

23 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Bad sign for Moss's comeback to be a job too. Where's Tino? Hasn't it been like a year?

They are concerned Tino might not wrestle again as supposedly he is having nerve issues that have plagued a few guys recently (like Jason Jordan)

Supposedly they are thinking about trying him as an announcer

That was from Meltzer around the time of the Rumble but there hasn't been an update since

- Matt Riddle def. Kona Reeves. During the match, Dream was rolled out to the stage on a purple sofa

This cracked me up, can't wait to see this happen on TV.

I wish they did anything else for determining the new champion but don't have much issue with the title match itself.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

Guest Edwin
Spoiler

That Velveteen sofa segment may have been the highlight of the night.

I'm guessing they taped something backstage between Lee/Dijakovic as we didn't get to see them at all.

Edited by Edwin

26 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Reveal hidden contents

- Matt Riddle def. Kona Reeves. During the match, Dream was rolled out to the stage on a purple sofa

This cracked me up, can't wait to see this happen on TV.

I wish they did anything else for determining the new champion but don't have much issue with the title match itself.

D1lKIkjW0AAd2I6.jpg

• Thanks 4

Guest Edwin

Random thoughts...

Punishment/Moss was the best Punishment match I've ever seen. Not great, but good given the parties involved. Both guys worked pretty snug and were really laying into each other.

The Humberto/ACH match was a short Jr.'s sprint that was quite entertaining. As I mentioned previously, no one knew who ACH was until he walked out as he wrestled us Albert Hardie Jr.

The War Raiders squash matches where eh.

Ryker/Lorcan was average. I love Lorcan, but am bummed seeing him constantly getting jobbed out.

Bianca/Kairi was good. It's crazy how much Bianca has gotten over since the Shayna TakeOver match. She's far more over with the Full Sail crowd than Kairi and Io. The interference was lame and people are really starting to grow tired of it as it's turned into a common trend with Baszler, Duke and Shaffir. There was a pull apart that was pretty neat though.

Mendoza/Williams was not good. Brennan looked pretty bad. He looked gassed minutes in.

That Gargano/Cole segment was great. Gargano came off as NXT's Daniel Bryan with how over he was and with his promo. There was a "Johnny Wrestling" "Adam Cole" chant that went on for about 5 or so minutes straight. Great experience. Hope they don't mess it up with the editing.

The women's tag match was coming along nicely, but again the lame Baszler, Duke and Shaffir run in which people are clearly getting tired of as the reception was kind of cold to the entire thing and you could hear a lot of people going "Again? They keep doing this during every women's match" which I agree with.

As I said earlier, the Riddle/Velveteen sofa segment was great.

The Dusty Rhodes Classic was alright and of course not on par with the previous round matches. Ricochet and Aleister got their send off as they confirmed it was their final tapings and the highlight of that was Aleister's pronunciation of Ricochet (RI-CO-SHAY) which got a laugh out of everyone and Aleister having to explain he's European and thus why he pronounces it that way.

Edited by Edwin
Bye Spoiler tags!

I'm wondering if they're just going to hit the reset on Gargano getting called up and simply pretend it didn't happen.  Either way, I think Cole is basically a mortal lock for the belt.  

It definitely seemed like they were going to get called up together until Ciampa's injury.  I hope they still consider calling up Gargano as even with Takeover there's not much left for him to do.  Would be better to just hang on Smackdown though I wouldn't mind seeing him on 205 Live.  For as much as flak as it gets there's some great talent that he'd have great matches with.  Too bad WWE doesn't do more to help the brand out.

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm wondering if they're just going to hit the reset on Gargano getting called up and simply pretend it didn't happen.  Either way, I think Cole is basically a mortal lock for the belt.  

It seems like #DIY's main roster debut has been retconned out of existence. Honestly, they shouldn't have been called up until their nxt story had been wrapped up. 

I think Cole is a lock for the belt as well. It's about damn time.