DVDVR Message Board

NXT TV - 03/13/19 (Spoiler Free!)

RIPPA

Advertised (on WWE.com) for tonight

• Black/Ricochet vs. #DIY - Dusty Semis
  • Mustache Mountain vs. Forgotten Sons - Dusty Semis
  • Bianca Belair vs. Io Shirai - #1 contender's match

MM vs. FS was good.

Io/Bianca was good before Shayna's attack. Shayna calling Io a nobody from Japan is amusing to me considering Shayna was another notch in Io's second red belt title reign. The post match stuff with Shayna taking everyone out was good though I kind of wish Shaffir & Duke were involved. Kairi looked kind of bad gettign taken down and out so easily. Kind of disappointed they are heading the 4-way route, but that is more because I was really hoping we would get Shayna/Io.

DIY vs. Black/Ricochet was predictably good. Really dug the post match segment. It was neat to see Johnny outsmart Ciampa.

Black/Ricohet vs DIY was pretty awesome. Still felt like a sprint even up until the ending with Gargano. I can really only take the nasty battle tested veterans that are  Ciampa and Gargano when they're together. It's a shame. 

Bianca and Io was pretty good too. I like Belair. I'm a fan of her placement in the ranks. At just shy of 3 yrs she is amazing and I think she fits in well circling around the title waiting to swoop in on Shayna, Kairi, or Io. Shayna is a good heel and her dirty reign has been the only thing to make me kinda forget about Asuka's.

MM/FS was real nice.The Forgotten Sons looked like they were going to leave us as quickly as they entered our lives but they've improved a lot very quickly. 

Biancia/Io was solid. Bianca has it. She's about 12 months away from being the next big thing. I will always watch Shayna choking out whoever gets in her way, too. 

That main event was something else. It's also just sorta hilarious to me that NXT did this years long build to get to the moment for Johnny to finally outsmart his enemy... only for Tomasso having to have neck surgery to sit out a year. I know people always complain about angles moving too fast, but there's a legit reason why it's hard to plan for something a year in advance. 

Guest Edwin

I think NXT shot themselves in the foot by announcing Ciampa was having neck surgery instead of using that and saying he needs neck surgery because of Gargano's attack as that would at least keep that rivalry going until Ciampa is able to return.

37 minutes ago, Edwin said:

I think NXT shot themselves in the foot by announcing Ciampa was having neck surgery instead of using that and saying he needs neck surgery because of Gargano's attack as that would at least keep that rivalry going until Ciampa is able to return.

Gargano and Ciampa were slowly on their way out. The main roster debut we saw was supposed to be a legit debut like Black and Ricochet. Neither guy was long for NXT. The feud is dead. They could try to revive it on the main roster, but I doubt that would work.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin
5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Gargano and Ciampa were slowly on their way out. The main roster debut we saw was supposed to be a legit debut like Black and Ricochet. Neither guy was long for NXT. The feud is dead. They could try to revive it on the main roster, but I doubt that would work.

Given they announced Ciampa's injury after they recorded Gargano's attack, why not use it for your benefit?

"Benefit" is subjective. 

Me when I hear that people actually want the feud that should have been blown off a year ago to extend for another year longer than it should:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Edited by MORELOCK
Embedding bullshit
  • Thanks 1

Guest Edwin

They were going to have the blow off at TakeOver, given Ciampa is out for a while and Gargano is staying in NXT for the foreseeable future, there's no way they don't have that blow off when Ciampa returns.

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

They were going to have the blow off at TakeOver, given Ciampa is out for a while and Gargano is staying in NXT for the foreseeable future, there's no way they don't have that blow off when Ciampa returns.

I wouldn't be so sure. Gargano is officially main roster - he will be long gone from NXT by the time Ciampa returns, if he returns at all.

Guest Edwin
9 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Gargano is officially main roster - he will be long gone from NXT by the time Ciampa returns, if he returns at all.

I'm not so sure about that yet. Have they made any announcements that I'm not aware of or has any rumors of him leaving NXT entirely circulated?

He hasn't been featured in his main roster appearances as much as Ricochet and Aleister and neither Gargano nor Ciampa have given that indication they are done with NXT yet.

It seems more so like speculation at this point, but we'll see I guess.

36 minutes ago, Edwin said:

I'm not so sure about that yet. Have they made any announcements that I'm not aware of or has any rumors of him leaving NXT entirely circulated?

He hasn't been featured in his main roster appearances as much as Ricochet and Aleister and neither Gargano nor Ciampa have given that indication they are done with NXT yet.

It seems more so like speculation at this point, but we'll see I guess.

He's listed on the main roster page on the website.

Watched it yesterday at the gym. 

That was easily the best match I've seen of Forgotten Sons.  Seven & Bate are geniuses and whatever agent set up that match needs to have a job forever.

Bianca is looking better and better every time I see her.  I can't wait to see her on the main roster and seeing Charlotte and/or Sasha overselling that hair whip. Also, she has the best entrance music in any level of WWE.  

Black/Ricochet are great, but, and I may be alone in this, I do not want to see them as a tag team ever again.  I want Ricochet and Rey trying to outfly each other, and I want Black and Nakamura trying to kick each other's fucking heads off. 

Ending angle was good.  I would've had Johnny stay heel, because I want to see him stretch himself creatively - which, I think is part of the reason why NXT exists.   But if he's gone (and possibly going to Mania against Angle?) then this was absolutely the right decision.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin
52 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Ending angle was good.  I would've had Johnny stay heel, because I want to see him stretch himself creatively - which, I think is part of the reason why NXT exists.   But if he's gone (and possibly going to Mania against Angle?) then this was absolutely the right decision.

Huh? That's a rumored opponent for Angle? That would be awesome for Johnny. It's not a match I'd particularly look forward to, but it would be awesome for Johnny to get the rub of being Angle's retirement opponent.

36 minutes ago, Infinit said:

With Ricochet and Aleister on the main roster, what was the point of booking them to win the Dusty Classic? One would think they could've used this to build up the next challengers for the War Raiders.

Well, Aleister & Ric are the next challengers. So you put them over in the tournament since they're moving up and then have the Champs go over strong at the PPV before they leave.

Edited by peachchaos