DVDVR Message Board

NMM #8 - TESSA BLANCHARD

RIPPA

2 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

I'm sure the WWE didn't care about whatever attitude problem rumors were out there, but she very well could have carried a bad attitude into the locker room and cost herself that job. Whatever the case is - we have no idea and can't rule it out. It isn't necessarily the "WWE doesn't recognize talent" talking point that has been disproven over and over.

But why cant it just be for the reason she said she was given by coaches and not such a topic of speculation about rumors? She has been asked the question several times about her tryouts and work with WWE. Never seemed like an uncomfortable discussion for her. Id say what they told her was fair. Tessa Blanchard from 2014-2017 is not the worker we see now. I dont think it was that they didn't recognize talent, they just wanted her to be further along.

• Like 1

Tessa had a pretty good match with Britt Baker at a Rise taping in Pittsburgh about a year ago. I've always enjoyed her work. She'll only continue to improve.

Even the super-campy WOW stuff with Santana Garrett's dad before he passed was fun.

• Like 1

I thought it was a bit quick when Tessa first won the title in Impact but ever since then I've felt she's been one of the absolute best anywhere. The recent street fight with Taya is one of my favorites, their first match at BFG was also really good. Haven't seen the 75 minute match with Mercedes in RISE yet, but their first 30 minute one was great stuff. Also a major highlight of WOW. Love her superstar presence and she's been really excellent on promos as well. Definitely a favorite.

• Like 2

On 3/13/2019 at 7:31 PM, Brian Fowler said:

She's both great bell to bell and as a character. I fully expect that she'll eventually be the anchor of either one of the two WWE main roster women's division, or AEW's, once her contract with Impact is up. The fact that WWE didn't lock her up is still mind boggling.

Absolutely. She's a Blanchard for Christ's sake! Team her up with Flair. This company, Jesus....

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, mystman said:

Absolutely. She's a Blanchard for Christ's sake! Team her up with Flair. This company, Jesus....

and Scott Dawson in a wig, albeit one without much hair

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 5:16 PM, Tromatagon said:

I remember her working dark for Lucha underground and either dislocating or breaking her arm pretty badly.  It was fucking gross.  The matches she did there were good - she was doing some good stuff with Ivelisse that never made TV.

They kept bringing her in to keep Ricochet happy so he'd stay.

Well, Mr. O'Shea, we've determined what you are, now all we're doing is haggling about price...

On 3/13/2019 at 7:03 PM, Eivion said:

Its less mind boggling if you have heard the general rumors of her having attitude issues. I mean she was well within WWE's radar for a good while doing occasional NXT jobber work like Ellering only to never be picked up.

Had a few friends work shows where Tessa was booked. And yea seems she had/has major attitude issues. She is talented but acts like she is the best ever. Been told at one show she was pissed that she didn't get her own private locker room.

On 3/14/2019 at 8:08 AM, RIPPA said:

Yeah... the thing about that was it wasn't Tessa

Victoria got her confused with another wrestler (and also responded to a fake Tessa Twitter account)

But as we can see - once it gets out there the correction never gets as much attention as the original story.

Probably doesn't help that her father was known to be stand offish.