DVDVR Message Board

SDL is The House That Randy Orton Built - 3/12/2019

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I like how Rowan wears metal shirts every week, but his theme is.... uh, definitely not metal.

It was his theme from his short-lived face turn, when we found out he was a genius; classical guitarist; and a vintner.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

I do love Rowan'sc seemingly endless supply of metal t-shirts.

That Orton/AJ segment was shockingly excellent.

The closing segment was just fucking great. You could feel the "B+" line coming, they hinted just enough at the racial element without hammering it home, Vince was as good as he's been in years... the basic angle still doesn't completely make sense (why does Vince hate moving Kofi to the point that he'll give things to KO who tried to murder him a year ago? Why is Ali more bankable than Kingston?) But who cares if the segments are that good?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Peck said:

Guys. I can't look away. This is Anti-Bautista Fashion Watch.

latest?cb=20160304234240

Edit: Looking at the photo I posted made me check Rex King’s wiki bio. Says nothing about him being related to Bob Orton Jr., but god dammit he sure looks a lot like him. I’d be surprised he wasn’t a secret offspring of Bob Orton Sr.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

The other thing I love about #KofiMania is how he's standing out even with The New Day. Woods and Big E. are pissed off for their best friend. They are angry for him. But Kofi's slyly remaining positive throughout. That's the point of The New Day, right? He's not doing what Austin or those before him would do an punching Vince in the face. He's telling him he's good enough and he'll prove it. It's so much more rewarding this way.

I think that's just such a better story. "Let me prove it to you that I can do it." Like... it's so friggin' spot-on to how a lot of people have to deal with their jobs. "You don't think I can manage this project? I'm a good second-team player but not good enough to be a team leader? I've never sent out another resume to another company. I never use all my vacation time. Give me the ball once and let me show you I can do it." 

• Like 3

Just a reminder, for when Kofi successfully completes the gauntlet next week... Vince said "you're going to Wrestlemania."  Not in the title match, just 'you're going'. 

So, you know, this shit will go on for another couple of weeks, because Vince is somehow of the opinion his presence is needed for a feud for an extremely popular guy who's never gotten a 1-on-1 match for the championship and one of the best promos in the company.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It was his theme from his short-lived face turn, when we found out he was a genius; classical guitarist; and a vintner.

Graves pointed out that Rowan is with Bryan not because he is hired muscle, but because Bryan sees him as an intellectual equivalent to himself. I kinda want to see promo's with Rowan making his artisan wine that is completely carbon neutral. 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Just a reminder, for when Kofi successfully completes the gauntlet next week... Vince said "you're going to Wrestlemania."  Not in the title match, just 'you're going'. 

So, you know, this shit will go on for another couple of weeks, because Vince is somehow of the opinion his presence is needed for a feud for an extremely popular guy who's never gotten a 1-on-1 match for the championship and one of the best promos in the company.  

Also, this isn't a case of Bryan's rise five years ago when the crowd wants him to win above anything else and the alternative was Orton or part time Batista. The champ is currently Bryan, and they got him a custom belt.  It's not any kind of given that Kofi actually wins at Mania, so temper expectations accordingly.

• Like 2

Vince's current shtick is essentially the manifestation of what the IWC thinks he is. It's brilliant, and Kofi is getting the mother of all rubs being his antagonist.

Bryan vs. Kofi would a cool feud and all but Vince's presence has an added level of importance.

If anything it convinces me that Vince sees Kofi as something more than just a stop-gap feud for Bryan.

Kofi's winning the belt, any other result would be silly.

Edited by Rick
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Rick said:

Kofi's winning the belt, any other result would be silly.

We're talking about the same company that stop/start pushed their top star and didn't pull the trigger at least twice at Mania when they should've.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Still relying on a character from 20 years ago is brilliant? Vince's presence in this is just sad. It's like an elderly relative that tells you the same story over and over because they're slipping into dementia.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

How is it sad? Doesn't matter if he's old or not, he's still the chairman of the company that the average fan online thinks is holding down talent.

The segment on smackdown was brilliant, so your opinion is wrong.

and sure Vince had cold feet and fucked Roman beyond repair, but Roman wasn't getting Kofi type reactions and Daniel Bryan isn't a megastar like Brock Lesnar. 

The one time Roman was made to jump through hoops was the feud with HHH that ended with Roman beating him at Mania.

Edited by Rick

It was brilliant in your opinion. My opinion is this isn't brilliant, but sad because they're still going back to the evil authority figure. My opinion is just as valid as yours. You see how that works? Stating your opinion as fact, which you often do, is wrong. Telling people their opinion is wrong is wrong. I think you're opinion sucks, but hey, you're entitled to it.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rick said:

I'm not sure how much reliability an opinion can have when it's continuously coming from someone who has to inform people what other cool things he was doing in every Raw or Smackdown thread every week.

Yes, I do that for every Raw and Smackdown. You're reaching a bit now. I'm done with you; I don't need to justify myself to you.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

13 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yes, I do that for every Raw and Smackdown. You're reaching a bit now. I'm done with you; I don't need to justify myself to you.

You do it more than enough.

Instead of shitting on the product you tune into every single week - release the strain. Turn off the television. Don't watch the stream. It is the very definition of battered wife syndrome. 

Anyway, I don't like being combative with someone I like. But it's clear you have a crusade against Vince. Some objectivity wouldn't go amiss now and again.

• Like 1