DVDVR Message Board

NMM #7 - PCO

RIPPA

PCO

pco-1312019-roh-ftr_180wiid6yyq4e1axod7d

Cagematch

MATCHES (w/links)

vs. WALTER (this is the Mania weekend match that started the ball rolling on his comeback)

vs. Chris Dickinson

vs. Brody King vs. Jeff Cobb

vs. Dan Maff

MATCHES (w/o links)

vs. Ilja Dragunov (WXW - Street Fight)

vs. Nick Gage (NOVA Pro) - (Note from Rippa - Saw this in person)

vs. Masato Tanaka (GCW)

NOTES

- Signed full time with ROH

- His Youtube channel is full of those wackadoo feats of strength videos

• Like 2

I'll confess that I'm just not into the PCO thing.  The bumps, in isolation, are eye-popping, and there is a certain freak show factor involved in seeing a guy in his state do this stuff...but I think the matches mostly stink.  He is a shambling mess outside of GIF form.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think his shambling no fear of dying approach works in certain matches and against certain opponents, but it definitely isn't a 100% sure thing when you check him out. That said I like that we have a 50 year old indie Undertaker/Sabu hybrid out there as he brings something that others aren't.

I was watching some random clip the other night with The Quebecer's and it didn't dawn me then, but it did just now that PCO might have the greatest comeback story ever. Can you honestly say if you saw that guy in 1993 you would think that in 2019 he'd be this insane monster?

• Like 1

• RIPPA unpinned and unfeatured this topic

I remember Dylan (he used to post here awhile a back for newer members) started tweeting about PCO a bit before the Mania weekend match was announced, and at first I didn't even put it together in my head that it was the same guy from the 90's.  Then I was just kinda surprised/confused. I mean, he was good back in the day, but rarely got real chances to show it on major shows, and I hadn't seen in him in over a decade. 

So, of course, I had to see this shit. And here he is, 50, doing crazy strong man shit on Twitter, and just flat out killing himself in front of a few hundred people. Then the Mania weekend happened, and he was off and running.

22 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I love when PCO and Marty Scurll team; they incorporate the Quebecers Boston crab/second rope leg drop combo.

I love that spot.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 7:18 PM, Marty Sugar said:

I'm glad PCO is doing his thing. I don't get it, I'm not a huge fan of it...but kudos to him for taking the ball and running with it.

I love the Frankenstein's Monster gimmick but I also miss old school Ouelette who could do standing dropkicks and somersault cannonballs.

PCO is about as mobile as the Universal Studios version of the monster that forms the template of his gimmick and not in a good way.

I'm not crazy about his singles matches but as Nice Guy Eddie pointed out, he makes a good strong man / hot tag for the Beauty / Beast tag team he's in with Marty Scuril.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2