DVDVR Message Board

What Dave Wants, Dave Gets - Raw - 3/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Thought Ronda's promo was nice.

They are definitely setting up at least a triple threat right now for the women's tag titles.

Black/Ricochet vs. Gable/Roode was good and I was pleased to see Revival get a sneak attack in.

Kurt officially retiring is nice. I'm curious who his final opponent will be.

I'm totally down for Reigns vs. Drew at WM. The end of Drew/Ambrose was vicious.

I think Cena would be perfect. 

It can be short, sharp and have a heap of call backs to Cena's debut and Kurt cutting the "I want to tap out Jesus & I dont like the blacks" promo.

That Benjamin attack would've been really cool if 

A.) They had acknowledged Brock and Shelton's past at any point in the last several years outside Brock's Blu-ray special features

B.) They had done anything with Shelton in the last several years that made fans care about him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

A.) They had acknowledged Brock and Shelton's past at any point in the last several years outside Brock's Blu-ray special features

B.) They had done anything with Shelton in the last several years that made fans care about him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Peck said:

Dana Brooke looked totally different to me for some reason. Pretty decent babyface promo she cut too.

Definitely a different look. It looked like she's lost some of the bulky muscle, definitely more slimline.

The "You deserve it" chant needs to die an immediate death. It only makes sense in the context of a babyface winning a title, and it damn sure doesn't need to be rolled out when heel Alexa Bliss is congratulating herself for being WrestleMania host. Who are these people? Do you read this board? Could you fuck off?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

The "You deserve it" chant needs to die an immediate death. It only makes sense in the context of a babyface winning a title, and it damn sure doesn't need to be rolled out when heel Alexa Bliss is congratulating herself for being WrestleMania host. Who are these people? Do you read this board? Could you fuck off?

It's funny because I had written "bummer for her" in my text thread with a few wrestling friends. I know she's been battling injuries, and I'm sure hosting Mania is the last thing she wants to do when she's seeing everyone else light it up on the show, but it at least keeps a spotlight on her until she heals or whatever her future shows to be.

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I kept waiting for their past to brought up, but nothing.

12 hours ago, caley said:

Why didn’t Triple H just ask Batista what he wanted - since they wanted the same thing - instead of insisting he wasn’t going to give it to him?! What did he think Batista wanted? A HOF ring? A new DVD collection? John Cena’s phone number?

Honestly, that's the thing I'm noticing.

I don't get the shooty vibe from last night's promo, filled with "You know what I want" "Oh, I know what you want","You want it, I want it...", "I know you want it", "GIVE IT TO ME!", "You want me to give it to you?", "GIVE IT TO ME!"  "You don't want me to give it to you." "GIVE IT TO ME!" "You want this?" "GIVE IT TO ME!" 

Even if Ronda's promos are bad, this was far more ready for "How Not To Cut A Promo"- this may have outdone the Abyss/Hogan HOF ring promo for most "...this doesn't sound PG" promo in history.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

Honestly, that's the thing I'm noticing.

I don't get the shooty vibe from last night's promo, filled with "You know what I want" "Oh, I know what you want","You want it, I want it...", "I know you want it", "GIVE IT TO ME!", "You want me to give it to you?", "GIVE IT TO ME!"  "You don't want me to give it to you." "GIVE IT TO ME!" "You want this?" "GIVE IT TO ME!" 

This promo didn't help shake the stereotype that wrestling is homoerotic.

• Like 3