DVDVR Message Board

What Dave Wants, Dave Gets - Raw - 3/11/2019

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

If you’d like to imagine the shrieking dorks who nearly caused a riot in the name of Rick and Morty nugget sauce aren’t bad fans, that’s your business.

Yes, but there is a difference between those guys and simply liking the bad guy. You were pushing it with that one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

Yes, but there is a difference between those guys and simply liking the bad guy. You were pushing it with that one.

He implied there are no bad fans. I pointed to some bad fans. Call it toxic fandom if you like, but they're bad fans. Only thing left to discuss is where the line is. But I'll leave it at that. I can see where this is going. 

40 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Most people here love to justify a heel's actions. If anything its amusing how many people here ignore it when it comes to Charlotte/Becky. They did it the first time they feuded several years ago as well.

Nah, Becky is an asshole. I mean people loved the Rock and Austin, doesn't really change that both of them were assholes most of time and how much many of us have admitted that upon reflection years later.

The point that Newbury tried to make was some nonsense about Becky being unlikable, not that she's an asshole. Austin was a son of a bitch and told you straight up "don't trust anybody," but he was still fucking awesome.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

It really is mind blowing to me that it wasn't that long ago Braun really seemed like he might be the heir apparent to the top guy throne. Now he's feuding with the hosts of weekend update. What's he going to do, bring back Nicholas to team with him against these fools at WrestleMania?

• Like 1

The thing is, WWE has always seen interaction with mainstream celebrities as a big deal. If you aren’t in the top four or five matches at ‘Mania, it’s probably better for your long term prospects that the office sees you as a big enough deal to host, or do shit with celebrities. The guys in the multi-man Midcard title matches probably have more to worry about career wise than Braun does...